PCI slot/AGP fan cooler question

Hello all:

I'm planning on O/C my video card and bought a PCI slot "AGP" cooler. I've
installed it, and noticed an immediate drop in case temps of at least 5
degrees : )

My question is:

I've installed it in the PCI slot directly below the vid card and I figure
that since the two fans are more or less "fighting" for the same air (the
PCI fan exhausts), both
fans must work harder than they normally would. I wanted to make sure that
it doesn't interfere or shorten the life span of the actual Vid card fan.

Should I drop the addon fan to the next PCI slot?

Derek
1 answer Last reply
More about slot cooler question

    It would not shorten the lifespan of your video card fan. However, you may
    want to get rid of the video card fan altogether as it is quite useless
    compared to the output of the slot fan.

    The other option is to see if you can run the video card fan backwards. That
    is, reverse polarity on the wire.

    "Derek" <bob@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all:
    >
    > I'm planning on O/C my video card and bought a PCI slot "AGP" cooler.
    I've
    > installed it, and noticed an immediate drop in case temps of at least 5
    > degrees : )
    >
    > My question is:
    >
    > I've installed it in the PCI slot directly below the vid card and I figure
    > that since the two fans are more or less "fighting" for the same air (the
    > PCI fan exhausts), both
    > fans must work harder than they normally would. I wanted to make sure
    that
    > it doesn't interfere or shorten the life span of the actual Vid card fan.
    >
    > Should I drop the addon fan to the next PCI slot?
    >
    > Derek

Nvidia Cooling PCI Fan Graphics