6800 availability

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 9, 2004 12:56:59 PM

if anyone knows where one can be bought now I would appreciate the info.

mickey

More about : 6800 availability

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 8:38:23 PM

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:56:59 -0500, "Mickey Johnson"
<mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote:

>if anyone knows where one can be bought now I would appreciate the info.

eVGA 6800 Ultra was on Newegg.com yesterday. Now gone.

Here today, gone tomorrow....

Ridiculous price $559. Some must have a lot more money than
sense.

John Lewis

>mickey

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 8:40:48 PM

> Ridiculous price $559. Some must have a lot more money than
> sense.

It doesn't count as 'available' unless it's at or below MSRP.

Jeff B
June 10, 2004 6:31:17 AM

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:40:48 GMT, jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote:

>> Ridiculous price $559. Some must have a lot more money than
>> sense.
>
>It doesn't count as 'available' unless it's at or below MSRP.

For me, a LOT below MSRP.

For example:-

Purchased a BFG FX5900/128 (genuine, non-XT) including Call
of Duty from Newegg in March for $175. Overclocks nicely to
475/900 too.

John Lewis

>Jeff B

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 8:10:56 AM

> Purchased a BFG FX5900/128 (genuine, non-XT) including Call
> of Duty from Newegg in March for $175. Overclocks nicely to
> 475/900 too.

Excellent!

Speaking of BFG, have you seen their 6800U OC? The thing has
no HS/F, does have a waterblock. How many potential customers are
going to not buy it given that one must go to a LOT of trouble and
expense after plucking down $500 just to get the card?

Jeff B
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 3:33:41 AM

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:56:59 -0500, "Mickey Johnson"
<mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote:

>if anyone knows where one can be bought now I would appreciate the info.

X800s are shipping, people are getting them or buying them off store
shelves ;)

But both will be in short supply for another month or so...

Gotta laugh as those still selling the 5950 and 9800Xts for
$400~500... stilL!!!

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 6:56:31 PM

> Does the 6800U really needs a waterblock, or is it just a gimmick ?
> My experiments with overclock vs temperature on two 5900 different
> GPUs - same process as 6800 - indicate surprisingly little
> correlation indeed. (unlike CPUs, which have significant asynchronous-
> logic blocks and are very temperature-sensitive as far as overclock
> potential is concerned ) .

I could not agree more. Probably the same reason that system memory
doesn't seem to benefit from heatsinks (but CPUs are VERY temp dependant,
just as you say.)

> Anyway, I will be quite happy with a 6800U air-cooled ---
> at the right price, of course.

Me too, and BTW, I'm not knocking BFG....I have one of their
cards and it works quite well.
But I'll pass on the waterblock and go air cooled, which they also
make (when the 6800 comes out).

Jeff B
!