Card Change trouble: Dual to single Display

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Yesterday I switched from a Nvidia based display adapter (xgl 980) to
an ATI (Fire GL2) card. Long story. Also, I went fom dual displays
on Nvidia to a single display with ATI.

I had uninstalled nvidia driver (v45.23) and latest NView before
installing new card driver. New ATI configuration has a resolution
set at 1280 X 1024.

However, when I open some apps, they open off the new desktop. It
(some applications) appears to have kept their positioning of the
former dual display resolution (2560 x 1024).

On the new ATI setup, Tool bars, desktop, etc. otherwise are fine.
Wallpaper sizes correctly for 1280 x 1024.

Any ideas on how I might correct the problem?

Thanks! Any help appreciated.

Win 2000 Pro SP 4
Epox 8RDA+
3 answers Last reply
More about card change trouble dual single display
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    jbc wrote:
    > Yesterday I switched from a Nvidia based display adapter (xgl 980) to
    > an ATI (Fire GL2) card. Long story. Also, I went fom dual displays
    > on Nvidia to a single display with ATI.
    >
    > I had uninstalled nvidia driver (v45.23) and latest NView before
    > installing new card driver. New ATI configuration has a resolution
    > set at 1280 X 1024.
    >
    > However, when I open some apps, they open off the new desktop. It
    > (some applications) appears to have kept their positioning of the
    > former dual display resolution (2560 x 1024).
    >
    > On the new ATI setup, Tool bars, desktop, etc. otherwise are fine.
    > Wallpaper sizes correctly for 1280 x 1024.
    >
    > Any ideas on how I might correct the problem?
    >
    > Thanks! Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Win 2000 Pro SP 4
    > Epox 8RDA+

    Umm, I know that if you right click on the application in the task bar,
    you'll get several options (minimize, restore, close, etc.) If you
    choose "Move," you can then use the arrow keys to move the application
    around. You can try that to move the appliation back to the current
    monitor.

    --
    cK
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    "jbc" <jbcurran@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Yesterday I switched from a Nvidia based display adapter (xgl 980) to
    > an ATI (Fire GL2) card. Long story. Also, I went fom dual displays
    > on Nvidia to a single display with ATI.
    >
    > I had uninstalled nvidia driver (v45.23) and latest NView before
    > installing new card driver. New ATI configuration has a resolution
    > set at 1280 X 1024.
    >
    > However, when I open some apps, they open off the new desktop. It
    > (some applications) appears to have kept their positioning of the
    > former dual display resolution (2560 x 1024).
    >
    > On the new ATI setup, Tool bars, desktop, etc. otherwise are fine.
    > Wallpaper sizes correctly for 1280 x 1024.
    >
    > Any ideas on how I might correct the problem?
    >
    > Thanks! Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Win 2000 Pro SP 4
    > Epox 8RDA+
    try this it might help
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

    Thanks for 'move' idea. I had tried to move applications by rt mouse
    on it's icon in taskbar with no success. Got the move curser but with
    the opened app window off screen, could not grab it.

    Finally figured out how to fix problem: Set to a low 600 x 800
    resolution. Open each offending app and reposition it's window.
    Close app. Restore dispaly to original 1280 x 1024. Open app, now on
    main (only) display.

    cK-Gunslinger <cK@nowayinhell.com> wrote in message news:<8%1yc.2$ka5.1@dfw-service2.ext.ray.com>...
    > jbc wrote:
    > > Yesterday I switched from a Nvidia based display adapter (xgl 980) to
    > > an ATI (Fire GL2) card. Long story. Also, I went fom dual displays
    > > on Nvidia to a single display with ATI.
    > >
    > > I had uninstalled nvidia driver (v45.23) and latest NView before
    > > installing new card driver. New ATI configuration has a resolution
    > > set at 1280 X 1024.
    > >
    > > However, when I open some apps, they open off the new desktop. It
    > > (some applications) appears to have kept their positioning of the
    > > former dual display resolution (2560 x 1024).
    > >
    > > On the new ATI setup, Tool bars, desktop, etc. otherwise are fine.
    > > Wallpaper sizes correctly for 1280 x 1024.
    > >
    > > Any ideas on how I might correct the problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks! Any help appreciated.
    > >
    > > Win 2000 Pro SP 4
    > > Epox 8RDA+
    >
    > Umm, I know that if you right click on the application in the task bar,
    > you'll get several options (minimize, restore, close, etc.) If you
    > choose "Move," you can then use the arrow keys to move the application
    > around. You can try that to move the appliation back to the current
    > monitor.

Nvidia ATI Graphics Displays