Closed

Sorry, No Call of Duty Elite PC Beta After All

Last response: in News comments
July 19, 2011 6:44:55 AM

they are putting lipstick on a pig.
Score
Anonymous
July 19, 2011 7:10:13 AM

BF3 will have all of my attention just as BC2 did. Not interested in rehash.
Score
Related resources
July 19, 2011 7:22:18 AM

Not like its much of a loss anyway; CoD was over at 4.
Score
July 19, 2011 7:27:02 AM

This is good news! There's also a mistake in the title...
it should be: "YAY!!!, No Call of Duty Elite PC Beta After All!
Score
July 19, 2011 8:13:24 AM

We don't want it.
Score
July 19, 2011 9:00:24 AM

You people realize that Call of Duty Elite is not a game right? Thought I would throw this out there for the people that thought it was :) 
Score
July 19, 2011 11:18:12 AM

lol who cares!? I'll go play black ops and it'll be the same thing just different levels. why? They havent updated their game engine since 2005! Yeah that's right 2005! Their excuse? "it takes a long time to develop a new game engine and perfect it"... so they'd rather suck you dry 60 bucks at a time with games that are almost identical to the one the year before and call it something cool sounding so you still buy it.
Score
July 19, 2011 11:33:31 AM

Dont forget that CoD is becoming increasingly easier by every iteration. Soon you wont need to aim. All you need to do is press a button and the game will play it self.

Ps. PC gets the shaft again. Activision will fall behind in the loop wich is a thumbs up in my book!
Score
July 19, 2011 12:20:39 PM

Call of Duty goes social??
Useless rubbish for people with no social life at all.
Score
July 19, 2011 12:40:42 PM

If AMD and Nvidia want to stay in the high-end graphics market they really need to be greasing game developer's wheels. They need to be pushing them to never give up on the PC market. If pirating is the concern, then solve it. If all game devs stopped making games for PCs today there wouldn't really be a need to build robust graphics cards. AMD/Nvidia stand to lose a lot. I would even throw in CPU and mobo mankers too. They all stand to lose a lot if game consoles are the only gaming outlet.

Sure AMD/Intel can put their cards in consoles but consoles are updated only every couple years or so. Plus, a console is a flat price where individual graphics cards are priced based on models and some are more expensive than a console itself.
Score
July 19, 2011 3:03:16 PM

They have already given up battling BF3 on the PC :p 
Score
July 19, 2011 3:26:35 PM

And the problem is where? Just give me diablo 3, planetside 2, BF 3, and some fillers and I will be happy as a hog rolling in mud.
Score
July 19, 2011 3:27:28 PM

MEH anyways..
Score
July 19, 2011 3:41:00 PM

the game doesnt take much skill anyways...
Score
July 19, 2011 5:14:37 PM

EddieroolzNot like its much of a loss anyway; CoD was over at 4.

It was over after 2 IMO
Score
July 19, 2011 5:38:16 PM

I view this as a relief, a bit of redemption for our beloved platform.
Score
July 19, 2011 5:47:11 PM

I thought they used the Unreal 3 engine. Anywho, a new version of Unreal put out screen shots a few months back. Perhaps the latest game will take advantage of the latest engine.
idonoDont forget that CoD is becoming increasingly easier by every iteration. Soon you wont need to aim. All you need to do is press a button and the game will play it self.Ps. PC gets the shaft again. Activision will fall behind in the loop wich is a thumbs up in my book!

Score
July 19, 2011 6:11:01 PM

This must of been what that email was about that I ignored. Was invited to the elite beta way back, even though I think it s a poor idea.
Score
July 19, 2011 6:17:42 PM

darn, i was so excited to pay for this. now activision doesn't want my money!

seriously, this franchise is taking really long to die.
Score
July 19, 2011 6:38:12 PM

I was reading this article getting mad that the PC was getting the shaft again and then suddenly remembered that I dont give a f about this game lol. I got BC2 for $5 n steam and CODBO is still $50 lol
Score
July 19, 2011 9:27:14 PM

What a sad state of affairs. I still enjoy playing CoD2 (PS2) and I have
IV and World at War unopened that I'm looking forward to, but it's a shame
the franchise seems to be slipping. I was a big MoH fan but was really
annoyed at the on-rails nature of Rising Sun; a friend told me to try CoD,
never looked back. I have the first three for PS2, 4th and 5th for PC.

So has MoH resurrected itself these days?

The only other games I've liked quite as much as CoD2 are Mercenaries,
Black and Stalker.

Ian.

Score
July 19, 2011 10:33:52 PM

Call of the Past: Modern Rehash 3
Score
July 19, 2011 10:40:53 PM

cronik93 said:
Call of the Past: Modern Rehash 3

lol
Score
July 19, 2011 11:09:31 PM

Dan "One of Swords" Amrich... has to be the stupidest nickname ive ever heard. And meh, not interested in it, but it still sucks that pc gamers get the boot again. I really hope this 1st person modern shooter boner dies down and publishers decide to publish good games the way their supposed to... Xcom comes to mind
Score
July 20, 2011 12:14:31 AM

I really wanna make a snarky comment in response to this, but like many PC gamers I'm so tired of FPS games trying to be ultra-serious I don't know whether to thank or criticize Activision for this one.
Score
July 20, 2011 12:27:52 AM

bustapr said:
Dan "One of Swords" Amrich... has to be the stupidest nickname ive ever heard. And meh, not interested in it, but it still sucks that pc gamers get the boot again. I really hope this 1st person modern shooter boner dies down and publishers decide to publish good games the way their supposed to... Xcom comes to mind

Sound like the nick name of someone who took there Dungeons and Dragons way to seriously LMAO
Score
July 20, 2011 11:30:43 AM

oh boo whoo , pc gmaers dont get early acess to yet another mill pressed mass produced peice of crap Call of duty game.

and people thought DNF was horribly "been there done that" kind of game pfft i long ago got tired of the "madden" of FPSers

I bet it wil make big reviews yet offer nothign new compared to the rest of the series , any serious pc gamer would ahve dropped this series a few years ago. sorry activision , i'l pass on CoD-2011
Score
July 20, 2011 3:53:29 PM

I thought this COD Elite thing is a stats tracker/FB for COD?
Score
July 20, 2011 5:34:09 PM

jci8973BF3 will have all of my attention just as BC2 did. Not interested in rehash.

Like BC2 did? It unfortunately didn't. The media for some reason wasn't all over BC2 like it deserves. Everyone knows what CoD:MW is whereas BC2 not so much.
Score
July 20, 2011 5:36:03 PM

EddieroolzNot like its much of a loss anyway; CoD was over at 4.

amen to that. cod4 was the last of the truly competitive shooters and was the game that truly infested the gaming community with low cost cheat subscriptions (helios, aa, etc). it spread like wildfire and infected all fps games on the pc. if you think youre getting cheated online these days youre probably right.
Score
July 20, 2011 5:44:56 PM

I thought COD5 = World at War? All the reviews I came across said WaW was very good.

Ian.

Score
July 20, 2011 5:47:22 PM

I should clarify my personal bias: I play these games for the single-player
experience, not multiplayer. So perhaps you meant the multiplayer aspects of
WaW offered nothing new over CoD4?

Ian.

Score
July 20, 2011 5:54:12 PM

ereetos said:
amen to that. cod4 was the last of the truly competitive shooters and was the game that truly infested the gaming community with low cost cheat subscriptions (helios, aa, etc). it spread like wildfire and infected all fps games on the pc. if you think youre getting cheated online these days youre probably right.

Every time I try to get into online FPS play I just cant. I know im not that great because I dont have a lot of practice but getting killed every 5 seconds does not allow me to get any practice and so I never get better. Also its not fun at all and I do sometimes wonder how the hell someone saw me so damn fast and managed to kill me so quick. Im sure its part cheating and part people who play way to much lol but it sure does make it hard to pick this part of the games up as a new player :( 
Score
Anonymous
July 21, 2011 3:22:43 AM

I wanna see call of duty medevel Warfare otherwise im not interested in the rehashed modern garbage and I want it made by IW not treyfail. Otherwise don't even bother.
Score
July 21, 2011 4:30:26 PM

Quote:
I wanna see call of duty medevel Warfare otherwise im not interested in the rehashed modern garbage and I want it made by IW not treyfail. Otherwise don't even bother.

lol sniping people with crossbows LMAO
Score
July 21, 2011 4:41:11 PM

cburke82 said:
lol sniping people with crossbows LMAO

you should have seen last nights episode of 'sons of guns'.
they had a shotgun/crossbow hybrid and a AK47/sniper rifle hybrid.
sweet..
Score
July 21, 2011 5:36:01 PM

verbalizer said:
you should have seen last nights episode of 'sons of guns'.
they had a shotgun/crossbow hybrid and a AK47/sniper rifle hybrid.
sweet..

I should have and did lol it was awesome I want me a 1000 yard ak :( 
Score
July 21, 2011 6:43:57 PM

cburke82 said:
I should have and did lol it was awesome I want me a 1000 yard ak :( 

AMEN.. :sol: 
Score
July 25, 2011 12:49:52 PM

AnonymousBF3 will have all of my attention just as BC2 did. Not interested in rehash.

Thumbs Up!
I'm glad i managed to convert my gf from a COD player to a BFBC2 player :D . It wasn't much of a deal anyways, she liked it very fast.
Score
Anonymous
August 9, 2011 9:51:00 AM

WTF?!?!?!? now seriously FUCK YOU Activison!!!! if u wanna release something and tell that it is coming for PC then also make it for PC and not just say ''PC=coming soon'' like at theater they first said for PC its coming soon and then they just remove it for PC i bet they are gonna do the same with Call of Duty : Elite.
Score
Anonymous
October 15, 2011 4:44:37 PM

I'm a COD pc /BF pc player gamer and i don't care if elite (pc-account) is later then 360 or PSN. It's just a game games are for fun not for ganking people.
And to all fan boys: If you say "Ooh COD is better" or "BF3 rules" quit playing and commit suicide you're all pathetic...
Score
!