Impact of game on external drive vs internal drive?

I have my Quake, MS Flight, Wolfenstein, etc on my external USB drive. Does
this affect performance? Can this have an impact on connection?

Jason Aguon wrote:
> I have my Quake, MS Flight, Wolfenstein, etc on my external USB drive. Does
> this affect performance? Can this have an impact on connection?

Yes. USB is much slower than any IDE connection. USB 2.0 and Firewire
are faster, but overall the absolute fastest connection is either SATA
or IDE. This does not affect your ping and connection to the server
other than overall system performance.