no sound running nview in dualview mode

Hi,

I've recently hooked up the audio/video-out of my nforce2 mobo to my
TV set... now running picture on monitor and second display fine.

Odd thing is, when I have nview set to 'clone' mode, I'm getting
picture and sound on my TV. As soon as I switch to 'dualview' mode
(mainly so I can set the TV output to a different res/refresh rate), I
seem to lose all sound output.

Got to be missing something daft here... any thoughts folks?
3 answers Last reply
More about sound running nview dualview mode

    "orbis" <ebrius33@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've recently hooked up the audio/video-out of my nforce2 mobo to my
    > TV set... now running picture on monitor and second display fine.
    >
    > Odd thing is, when I have nview set to 'clone' mode, I'm getting
    > picture and sound on my TV. As soon as I switch to 'dualview' mode
    > (mainly so I can set the TV output to a different res/refresh rate), I
    > seem to lose all sound output.
    >
    > Got to be missing something daft here... any thoughts folks?

    Not sure how you managed to get sound from the TV in clone mode - the TV out
    socket on nVidia cards are video only, no audio. Audio output is from the
    sound card in the PC. I have my TV out hooked up to a svideo-composite
    adapter that came with the card which then connects to a RCA-SCART lead, and
    3.5mm-2xRCA from my sound card speaker jack to the 2 audio RCA connectors on
    the SCART lead.

    Dan

    Spacker wrote:

    >>I've recently hooked up the audio/video-out of my nforce2 mobo to my
    >>TV set... now running picture on monitor and second display fine.
    >>
    >>Odd thing is, when I have nview set to 'clone' mode, I'm getting
    >>picture and sound on my TV. As soon as I switch to 'dualview' mode
    >>(mainly so I can set the TV output to a different res/refresh rate), I
    >>seem to lose all sound output.
    >>
    >>Got to be missing something daft here... any thoughts folks?
    >

    > Not sure how you managed to get sound from the TV in clone mode - the TV out
    > socket on nVidia cards are video only, no audio. Audio output is from the
    > sound card in the PC. I have my TV out hooked up to a svideo-composite
    > adapter that came with the card which then connects to a RCA-SCART lead, and
    > 3.5mm-2xRCA from my sound card speaker jack to the 2 audio RCA connectors on
    > the SCART lead.
    >
    > Dan

    Sorry Dan, I didn't explain that very well... My TV-out is via a cable
    with both composite video-out and 2xRCA (using an adapter to connect to
    the standard 3.5mm line-out jack on my PC).

    As it happens, on the other end of this cable is a Trust 120V wireless
    transmitter, the revceiver of which is in another room plugged into my
    TV. I kind of assumed that the bits and pieces between the PC and TV
    were pretty incidental, given that I get both a good picture and clear
    sound in 'clone' mode. But maybe the physical setup's more relevant than
    I thought?

    I'm running with all nvidia's latest drivers, and to be honest I could
    live without dualview and just use the clone mode, but these little
    niggles bug me more than the showstoppers sometimes... Grr.

    "Orbis" <orbis@NOSPAM.ebrius.net> wrote in message
    > Sorry Dan, I didn't explain that very well... My TV-out is via a cable
    > with both composite video-out and 2xRCA (using an adapter to connect to
    > the standard 3.5mm line-out jack on my PC).
    >
    > As it happens, on the other end of this cable is a Trust 120V wireless
    > transmitter, the revceiver of which is in another room plugged into my
    > TV. I kind of assumed that the bits and pieces between the PC and TV
    > were pretty incidental, given that I get both a good picture and clear
    > sound in 'clone' mode. But maybe the physical setup's more relevant than
    > I thought?
    >
    > I'm running with all nvidia's latest drivers, and to be honest I could
    > live without dualview and just use the clone mode, but these little
    > niggles bug me more than the showstoppers sometimes... Grr.

    Do you also have speakers running in that setup, with a 3.5mm splitter? Or
    is audio exclusively sent to the TV?

    I run my setup with dualview (monitor + tv) and have never had an audio
    problem. I do however use a soundcard rather than onboard sound, I suppose
    it is possible that something is interfering with the motherboard drivers
    and disabling sound. What motherboard do you have? What nVidia drivers and
    motherboard drivers are you using?

    BTW: I'm running the 56.72 drivers with a GF FX5900XT (and before that a GF4
    Ti4200 in the same setup), on an nForce2 board (Asus A7N8X-X) using the 2.45
    nForce drivers. This is on Windows 2000 Pro SP4.

    Dan

Nvidia TV Graphics