Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Displaying video input - what software

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 1:26:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Hello,
I am trying to display the composite video input with a geforce ti-4200.
I installed the nvidia capture drivers, and I would like to display the
video input in full screen or at least in a window I can resize. Note
that I don't need to actually capture the video, I just want to display
it. What software should I use for that ?

thanks.

--
luc wastiaux
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 5:57:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"luc wastiaux" <dustpuppy@airpost.net> wrote in message news:40d09ef1$0$293$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
> Hello,
> I am trying to display the composite video input with a geforce ti-4200.
> I installed the nvidia capture drivers, and I would like to display the
> video input in full screen or at least in a window I can resize. Note
> that I don't need to actually capture the video, I just want to display
> it. What software should I use for that ?
>
> thanks.

ATV2000. You can run it fullscreen, in windowed mode, or have it replace
the desktop background. http://www.apps4apps.filetap.com/atv2000.htm

Tony.
July 18, 2004 6:42:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"The Black Wibble" <anthony.neville@paradise.org.nz> wrote in message news:<C_rAc.3001$NA1.309219@news02.tsnz.net>...
> "luc wastiaux" <dustpuppy@airpost.net> wrote in message news:40d09ef1$0$293$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to display the composite video input with a geforce ti-4200.
> > I installed the nvidia capture drivers, and I would like to display the
> > video input in full screen or at least in a window I can resize. Note
> > that I don't need to actually capture the video, I just want to display
> > it. What software should I use for that ?
> >
> > thanks.
>
> ATV2000. You can run it fullscreen, in windowed mode, or have it replace
> the desktop background. http://www.apps4apps.filetap.com/atv2000.htm
>
> Tony.

Do you know how to enable audio compression with ATV2000? I can see
the dropdown list with the codecs, but I can't select anything.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 10:22:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"electro" <electro77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:179d89c3.0407181342.266ae4f7@posting.google.com...
[...]
> > ATV2000. You can run it fullscreen, in windowed mode, or have it replace
> > the desktop background. http://www.apps4apps.filetap.com/atv2000.htm
> >
> > Tony.
>
> Do you know how to enable audio compression with ATV2000? I can see
> the dropdown list with the codecs, but I can't select anything.

If you're using integrated sound hardware or a sound card to capture audio,
look under the "File" tab in Capture Preferences for Master Stream and set
it to "Audio". Then an audio compressor can be selected.

Tony.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 10:46:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Nasty... After changing the video compresser, the audio compressor
selection no longer works even with Master Stream set to Audio.

Tony.
July 19, 2004 10:46:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"The Black Wibble" <scanner@free.net.nz> wrote in message news:<e7KKc.9158$NA1.865956@news02.tsnz.net>...
> Nasty... After changing the video compresser, the audio compressor
> selection no longer works even with Master Stream set to Audio.
>
> Tony.

So this is a bug, right?
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 1:19:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"electro" <electro77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:179d89c3.0407190358.5945d1cc@posting.google.com...
> "The Black Wibble" <scanner@free.net.nz> wrote in message
news:<e7KKc.9158$NA1.865956@news02.tsnz.net>...
> > Nasty... After changing the video compresser, the audio compressor
> > selection no longer works even with Master Stream set to Audio.
> >
> > Tony.
>
> So this is a bug, right?

[ dozen system errors later... ] It's one bug, and there are others. For
viewing video this software is great, but the video capturing facility is
buggered. I don't know why the video codecs are listed where the audio
codecs are supposed to be. I'm going to remove all traces of ATV2000 from
my PC then reinstall it.

Tony.
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 3:30:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

No success at all with audio compression this time around. I now use
ATV2000 for video preview but VirtualVCR for capturing.

Tony.
July 20, 2004 7:05:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"The Black Wibble" <scanner@free.net.nz> wrote in message news:<hQYKc.9290$NA1.887666@news02.tsnz.net>...
> No success at all with audio compression this time around. I now use
> ATV2000 for video preview but VirtualVCR for capturing.
>
> Tony.

Have you notified the developer of ATV2000? What is VirtualVCR?
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 5:17:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"electro" <electro77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:179d89c3.0407201405.6d5e5d4b@posting.google.com...
> "The Black Wibble" <scanner@free.net.nz> wrote in message
news:<hQYKc.9290$NA1.887666@news02.tsnz.net>...
> > No success at all with audio compression this time around. I now use
> > ATV2000 for video preview but VirtualVCR for capturing.
> >
> > Tony.
>
> Have you notified the developer of ATV2000? What is VirtualVCR?

You've never heard of google? www.google.com For TV watching it (
http://virtualvcr.sourceforge.net ) is by no means as versatile as ATV2000,
but at least VirtualVCR does allow audio compression to be used when
capturing video.

I have posted the problem with ATV2000 to the author's forum.

Tony.
!