Best Driver for GF3 Ti200?

Hi ive just managed to rebuild my old PIII system and managed to get a very
cheap Leadtek GF3 Ti200 graphics card. Any recommendations on an "older"
driver for this card. I assume the older ones would probably run better than
say the latest driver. Many thanks. :)

45.23's, possibly 30.82's.

"ardz" <hsvwalkinshaw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi ive just managed to rebuild my old PIII system and managed to get a
very
> cheap Leadtek GF3 Ti200 graphics card. Any recommendations on an "older"
> driver for this card. I assume the older ones would probably run better
than
> say the latest driver. Many thanks. :)

latest drivers should work fine, I am running an old gf3 ti200 myself on
the latest nvidia drivers.

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com

ardz wrote:
> Hi ive just managed to rebuild my old PIII system and managed to get a very
> cheap Leadtek GF3 Ti200 graphics card. Any recommendations on an "older"
> driver for this card. I assume the older ones would probably run better than
> say the latest driver. Many thanks. :)

56.72

"Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote in message
> latest drivers should work fine, I am running an old gf3 ti200 myself on
> the latest nvidia drivers.
>

> --
> Mickster
>
> Visit my website and see my arcade!!
>
> http://mickster.freeservers.com
>
> "ardz" <hsvwalkinshaw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi ive just managed to rebuild my old PIII system and managed to get a
> very
> > cheap Leadtek GF3 Ti200 graphics card. Any recommendations on an "older"
> > driver for this card. I assume the older ones would probably run better
> than
> > say the latest driver. Many thanks. :)

44.03 or 44.04's, slightly faster than 45.23's and as stable with me.

"ardz" <hsvwalkinshaw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi ive just managed to rebuild my old PIII system and managed to get a
very
> cheap Leadtek GF3 Ti200 graphics card. Any recommendations on an "older"
> driver for this card. I assume the older ones would probably run better
than
> say the latest driver. Many thanks. :)

56.72 here as well.

Runs fine.

XP Home, gforce3 ti200 td128pro, MSI k7n2-delta ilsr, etc. etc.

Waiting for Half life2 for the next vid card update................

30.82's seem to be the most stable. and Yes, they will run DX9 games.
Maybe not all but I run Max Payne2 with no problems.

"Blainer" <nospam@myplace.com> wrote
> 45.23's, possibly 30.82's.

With 30.82's you are not able to play any DX9-games
because the drivers are lacking support.

I noticed with my own Ti200 that 45.23's were much
slower in games than 43.45/44.03's so I would recommend
these drivers instead.

"Mickey Johnson" <mickster@derbyworks.net> wrote
> latest drivers should work fine, I am running an old gf3 ti200 myself on
> the latest nvidia drivers.

Perhaps they WORK, but how fast - that's whole
another story ;-) By my own experience with drivers
later than 44.09 the performance keeps going down
like a cow's tail.

ardz <hsvwalkinshaw@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ive just managed to rebuild my old PIII system and managed to get a very
> cheap Leadtek GF3 Ti200 graphics card. Any recommendations on an "older"
> driver for this card. ......

I have a Ti500 and instead of updating drivers all the time just installed
the 30.82 and I don't see any problems and everything seems to run smooth.
WinXP Pro P3 1.3Ghz 512Mb mem.

--
Regards, Bob

"Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> wrote
> I have a Ti500 and instead of updating drivers all the time just installed
> the 30.82 and I don't see any problems and everything seems to run smooth.

Apparently you haven't tried to play any DX9-games, then.
Even if Far Cry is somehow playable with GF3-cards, it
didn't work without graphics being messed up with
drivers below 43.45 which are the first having DX9-support.

Try using the 45.23 driver for stability with that older card.

--
DaveW

Aki Peltola <aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:

> "Blainer" <nospam@myplace.com> wrote
>> 45.23's, possibly 30.82's.
>
> With 30.82's you are not able to play any DX9-games
> because the drivers are lacking support.

What DX9 games specifically are you talking about?
I use 30.82's with my Ti500 and have never had any problems.
You still should be able to play as the card doesn't support DX9
anyway so DX9 drivers are pointless. The main requirement would
be that you have DX9 installed.
I can run all WinXP DX9 built-in tests (dxdiag) and all pass 100%.

--
Regards, Bob

Aki Peltola <aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:

> "Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> wrote
>> I have a Ti500 and instead of updating drivers all the time just installed
>> the 30.82 and I don't see any problems and everything seems to run smooth.

> Apparently you haven't tried to play any DX9-games, then.

Apparently not but when I run DX9 dxdiag everything is ok.
Isn't that supposed to tell if your gfx card supports DX9?

> Even if Far Cry is somehow playable with GF3-cards, it
> didn't work without graphics being messed up with
> drivers below 43.45 which are the first having DX9-support.

I wouldn't even attempt Far Cry with my system, I'll just have to wait
and see what happens when I try to play some other DX9 game but
that's highly unlikely with a Ti500 and more so with a Ti200 :)

--
Regards, Bob

41.09 hands down! Substantial increase in speed, stability and quality.
Secondly, 30.82's, pretty fast but not to hot in the quality or stability
department. Comparatively.

Ty