Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dell Dimension 8200 and Chaintech FX5700

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
June 18, 2004 7:15:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Hi,

I recently purchased a Chaintech nVidia FX5700. I've been having issues
with my PC where I get BSOD win32k.sys or mshtml.dll errors and the PC
automatically reboots.

My Dell is a P4 1.9GHz 512MB RDRAM and currently an nVidia GeForcceTi200. I
took the new card out.

The only thing that I can think of is that my power supply is not powerful
enough. The manual says I need a minimum 250W power supply. My Dell has a
250W power supply. Do I maybe need a more powerful one?

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
June 18, 2004 7:15:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"K2NNJ" <k2nnj@arrl.net> wrote in message
news:m7tAc.40579$0b.11221410@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased a Chaintech nVidia FX5700. I've been having issues
> with my PC where I get BSOD win32k.sys or mshtml.dll errors and the PC
> automatically reboots.
>
> My Dell is a P4 1.9GHz 512MB RDRAM and currently an nVidia GeForcceTi200.
> I
> took the new card out.
>
> The only thing that I can think of is that my power supply is not powerful
> enough. The manual says I need a minimum 250W power supply. My Dell has
> a
> 250W power supply. Do I maybe need a more powerful one?
>
> If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>
>

I wouldn't automatically assume that the power supply is the problem. More
likely would be the drivers for the card and/or DirectX versions......
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
June 18, 2004 9:39:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I have DirectX 9.0b

I was using 56.72 with the new card and now the old one.


"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
news:8ptAc.49870$Kd5.41301@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
>
> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@arrl.net> wrote in message
> news:m7tAc.40579$0b.11221410@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently purchased a Chaintech nVidia FX5700. I've been having issues
> > with my PC where I get BSOD win32k.sys or mshtml.dll errors and the PC
> > automatically reboots.
> >
> > My Dell is a P4 1.9GHz 512MB RDRAM and currently an nVidia
GeForcceTi200.
> > I
> > took the new card out.
> >
> > The only thing that I can think of is that my power supply is not
powerful
> > enough. The manual says I need a minimum 250W power supply. My Dell
has
> > a
> > 250W power supply. Do I maybe need a more powerful one?
> >
> > If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
>
> I wouldn't automatically assume that the power supply is the problem.
More
> likely would be the drivers for the card and/or DirectX versions......
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
June 19, 2004 3:34:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Yes. Dell computers are nototious for using underpowered PSU's.

--
DaveW



"K2NNJ" <k2nnj@arrl.net> wrote in message
news:m7tAc.40579$0b.11221410@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased a Chaintech nVidia FX5700. I've been having issues
> with my PC where I get BSOD win32k.sys or mshtml.dll errors and the PC
> automatically reboots.
>
> My Dell is a P4 1.9GHz 512MB RDRAM and currently an nVidia GeForcceTi200.
I
> took the new card out.
>
> The only thing that I can think of is that my power supply is not powerful
> enough. The manual says I need a minimum 250W power supply. My Dell has
a
> 250W power supply. Do I maybe need a more powerful one?
>
> If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>
>
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
June 19, 2004 3:34:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I believe you have that completely backwards. Dell's are well-known for
underrating their power supplies, meaning if they claim 250W, they likely
put out 300+

Tom
"DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
news:l_KAc.52114$2i5.16812@attbi_s52...
> Yes. Dell computers are nototious for using underpowered PSU's.
>
> --
> DaveW
>
>
>
> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@arrl.net> wrote in message
> news:m7tAc.40579$0b.11221410@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently purchased a Chaintech nVidia FX5700. I've been having issues
> > with my PC where I get BSOD win32k.sys or mshtml.dll errors and the PC
> > automatically reboots.
> >
> > My Dell is a P4 1.9GHz 512MB RDRAM and currently an nVidia
GeForcceTi200.
> I
> > took the new card out.
> >
> > The only thing that I can think of is that my power supply is not
powerful
> > enough. The manual says I need a minimum 250W power supply. My Dell
has
> a
> > 250W power supply. Do I maybe need a more powerful one?
> >
> > If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
>
>
!