MSI 6800 Ultra - when?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Nic wrote:
>>>>> Apparently nothing <<<
>
> Fine date there...
>
> Any better suggestions?

Expect it no later than August is what I've heard but you could always check
out the MSI site and ask them.

Nic

> Expect it no later than August is what I've heard but you could always check
> out the MSI site and ask them.

Thanx for info... thats late...

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:56:05 +0200, "Nic" <emailxyznifo@fogh.com>
wrote:

>> Expect it no later than August is what I've heard but you could always check
>> out the MSI site and ask them.
>
>Thanx for info... thats late...

The later the lower the price. Price erosion on the 6800
will be steep; Ati has genuinely started volume-shipment
of X800 and X800XT, while nVidia is spluttering.

I suggest keeping your hand on the wallet till late this year.
Die-shrinks a smaller process-geometry ( 110nm, 90nm )
is mandatory ASAP for both the NV40 and R420 to get
the power ( for the NV40) and process-yields (for both)
to an economically-satisfactory level. The die-shrinks
will result in a significant price-tumble for both the
old (to clear inventory) and new parts.

Anyway, it is going to take at least 6 months to fully
realize and maximise the efficiency of all the new chip-
features in the drivers. The current NV40 driver does
not yet properly support the advanced video processor,
for example.

Don't worry, be happy. Enjoy the Summer and
the outdoors ( Northern Hemisphere ) or local
winter-sports ( Southern Hemisphere ) and save
your shekels for a few months.

John Lewis

"Nic" <emailxyznifo@fogh.com> wrote in message
> > Expect it no later than August is what I've heard but you could always
check
> > out the MSI site and ask them.
>
> Thanx for info... thats late...

Someone seems to have saved up for the NV40 already...hmm

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:56:05 +0200, "Nic" <emailxyznifo@fogh.com>
> wrote:

> The later the lower the price. Price erosion on the 6800
> will be steep; Ati has genuinely started volume-shipment
> of X800 and X800XT, while nVidia is spluttering.
>
> I suggest keeping your hand on the wallet till late this year.
> Die-shrinks a smaller process-geometry ( 110nm, 90nm )
> is mandatory ASAP for both the NV40 and R420 to get
> the power ( for the NV40) and process-yields (for both)
> to an economically-satisfactory level. The die-shrinks
> will result in a significant price-tumble for both the
> old (to clear inventory) and new parts.
>
> Anyway, it is going to take at least 6 months to fully
> realize and maximise the efficiency of all the new chip-
> features in the drivers. The current NV40 driver does
> not yet properly support the advanced video processor,
> for example.
>
> Don't worry, be happy. Enjoy the Summer and
> the outdoors ( Northern Hemisphere ) or local
> winter-sports ( Southern Hemisphere ) and save
> your shekels for a few months.
>
> John Lewis

Some manufacturer begining to ship or planning to ship FX6800 in July and
expect the distributor have it. The shelve or end-user should be getting
sometime in Augest.

CapFusion,...

Nic

> Don't worry, be happy. Enjoy the Summer and
> the outdoors ( Northern Hemisphere ) or local
> winter-sports ( Southern Hemisphere ) and save
> your shekels for a few months.

Damn I hate when ur right ;)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:56:18 +0200, "Nic" <emailxyznifo@fogh.com>
wrote:

>> Don't worry, be happy. Enjoy the Summer and
>> the outdoors ( Northern Hemisphere ) or local
>> winter-sports ( Southern Hemisphere ) and save
>> your shekels for a few months.
>
>Damn I hate when ur right ;)

Thanks !!

John Lewis