Sign in with
Your question

PGA Players Championship Tiger Woods

Last response: in Sports & Wellness
May 13, 2011 1:27:12 AM

Wow Tiger withdrew after shooting 6 over today. And this is the biggest tournement outside of the 4 majors. Looks like he isn't quite back yet. Is Jack's record safe?
Thanks,
Dave
May 13, 2011 1:34:37 AM

Actually, i think he was 6 over on the first 9- he didn't even play the back 9. Obviously with a score like that something was definitely wrong. I believe that he is still ahead of Jack's pace, as Jack won his 15th major at 38, while Tiger is 35 and had 14. He'll eventually return to form, he's too good not to. What he needs to do is first get the knee healthy and then quit being so mental about his swing. Bubba Watson was right in the sense that you cannot over think these things- just play.
May 13, 2011 1:46:33 AM

buwish said:
Actually, i think he was 6 over on the first 9- he didn't even play the back 9. Obviously with a score like that something was definitely wrong. I believe that he is still ahead of Jack's pace, as Jack won his 15th major at 38, while Tiger is 35 and had 14. He'll eventually return to form, he's too good not to. What he needs to do is first get the knee healthy and then quit being so mental about his swing. Bubba Watson was right in the sense that you cannot over think these things- just play.

Correct 6 over on the front 9 - heck I've done that on a Muni course. Anyway he is still 2nd all time winning majors but the next 5 will be very hard. Lots of new young players with game these days.
Related resources
May 13, 2011 11:56:37 AM

Agreed. The amount of talent on the tour has increased over the past few years, obviously making things more difficult.
May 14, 2011 2:15:31 AM

Lets see how this tournement works out. I love the shots at the 17th Island green!
Dave
May 14, 2011 4:10:14 PM

If you're a fan of golf simulations, i.e. games, I recommend giving either "Custom Play Golf 2010" or Hank Haney's World Golf 2011 (just an updated version, but with less courses) a play. I loved the 2010 version and ordered the 2011 version last week, which just came in yesterday- great game. Solid graphics, challenging, and of course, an option for unlimited mulligans :D 

When I was younger I always played MS's "Links," which was really the first great PC golf game. I still have the last version they made on CD for memory's sake.
May 17, 2011 12:48:26 AM

buwish said:
If you're a fan of golf simulations, i.e. games, I recommend giving either "Custom Play Golf 2010" or Hank Haney's World Golf 2011 (just an updated version, but with less courses) a play. I loved the 2010 version and ordered the 2011 version last week, which just came in yesterday- great game. Solid graphics, challenging, and of course, an option for unlimited mulligans :D 

When I was younger I always played MS's "Links," which was really the first great PC golf game. I still have the last version they made on CD for memory's sake.

I loved early 2000 ms links - does it run on win 7? Tiger woods has been the game for the mid late 2000s. thanks,
Dave
May 17, 2011 5:41:58 AM

The version I have- the last one- works fine on W7.
May 18, 2011 1:41:07 AM

buwish said:
The version I have- the last one- works fine on W7.

I have TW 2008 the last year EA sports released TW and Madden for the computer. They are all about consoles now. What version of Links is the last one and where can I find it? Thanks Kevin.
Dave
May 24, 2011 2:06:35 AM

Don't eat too much popcorn! ;) 
May 27, 2011 2:16:23 AM

buwish said:
Don't eat too much popcorn! ;) 

Time to open a Byron Nelson thread this weekend. :) 
May 27, 2011 5:44:42 AM

Indeed. I see that Jeff Overton is on top at -6. Sergio Garcia is only a couple off the lead. It'd be nice to see him win one.
!