HELP!!!! HACK ATTACKS

The_Neon_Cowboy

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2002
I have no where else to turn figured you guys could help...

I am getting port scanned and connect attempts are made all the time. For example I was online for 30 min and attacked 24 times from 12 different IP addresses.. Some of with have tired before and I reported it to their ISP. I am on high speed cable, on a fixed IP and behind Win Xp (Sp1) firewall and Norton firewall. All my ports are stealth / cloaked and Fragmented IP packets are blocked. (Thank god for that one these pricks try to crash my system with fragmented IP packet when I Neo-Trace their asses). It’s insane I been on for 3 min and I was attacked 10 times from one IP and another tried to connect on 5 different ports. It’s weird also because I can port scan my pc from another location and get nothing? My pc doesn’t even respond to pings and the packets are reported lost like there is no pc there… so how are these guy finding me? Or has my security become so tight that I have become a challenge? Any help here would be hot..

Thanks

:cool: <font color=blue>The Hardware Junkie</font color=blue> :cool:

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
It's pretty much normal. As long as you protect yourself, (and they don't try DOS on you) just brush it off as the price of being on the Internet.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

I would assume that someone has an idea of you, but you're cloaked so he doesn't know he's near you. Don't worry about it. Don't go Neotracing these guys if they seem to be hitting you more often. Report the IP, date, time etc to the ISP and make it clear what program was running too.

Don't give up on the ISP. Most are willing to do something if they can.

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=324" target="_new">My System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink: