Firewalls and AOL

Last response: in Networking
August 20, 2005 7:02:11 PM

I gust got a router WRT54G and since I useing it for networking when I
login to AOL I get this A full connection can not be estabished. Web
browsing my not work correctly have your firewall firewall allow AOL to
run. I do have a few problems, on and off I get connection time outs.
or 1/2 the page loads then quits but im still online. When I turn off
the router or firewall everything is fine.

I updated to 4.20.6 firmware is there anything to do? Not a big issue
since Im going to brodband with another IS{ the first of next month,
but will still use AOL sometimes.

More about : firewalls aol

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 2:07:34 AM

<computer32@wefindfriends.com> wrote in message
> I gust got a router WRT54G and since I useing it for networking when I
> login to AOL I get this A full connection can not be estabished. Web
> browsing my not work correctly have your firewall firewall allow AOL to
> run. I do have a few problems, on and off I get connection time outs.
> or 1/2 the page loads then quits but im still online. When I turn off
> the router or firewall everything is fine.
>
> I updated to 4.20.6 firmware is there anything to do? Not a big issue
> since Im going to brodband with another IS{ the first of next month,
> but will still use AOL sometimes.

Are you blocking port 5190? You have to open
outgoing port 5190 in order for AOL to work.
!