Flashing a nVidia based card with a new BIOS

Hi there!

I have a nVidia basd graphic card. It is the model nVidia RIVA TNT2
Model 64/64Pro with 32MB. So I am thinking to change its BIOS with a
new one.
Could anyone help me with programs which I need to flash it?
First, I would like to copy the original BIOS and then change it (if
something goes wrong). I tried the program Savebios and others but
always the saved file is large 0 bytes. Could anyone help me? ANd also
if somebody could give me the program for flashing (is it the
NVflash?).
I am using Windows 98SE (and XP but this I will not use for flashing).
Thanks a lot.

A big hello from Papcina
e-mail: papak_the_papcinaNOSPAM@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about flashing nvidia based card bios

    Video cards are not motherboards. There's absolutely no reason why you need
    to flash the BIOS with a new one.

    Sometimes a new BIOS has more relaxed memory timings because the cardmaker
    switched to a different memory supplier. This BIOS may lead to higher
    overclocks, but your card's performance won't improve because the timings
    are more relaxed.

    "Papcina" <papak_the_papcinaMAKNIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:88e8d09n82356h1heiq4ltqbj769bdoor4@4ax.com...
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I have a nVidia basd graphic card. It is the model nVidia RIVA TNT2
    > Model 64/64Pro with 32MB. So I am thinking to change its BIOS with a
    > new one.
    > Could anyone help me with programs which I need to flash it?
    > First, I would like to copy the original BIOS and then change it (if
    > something goes wrong). I tried the program Savebios and others but
    > always the saved file is large 0 bytes. Could anyone help me? ANd also
    > if somebody could give me the program for flashing (is it the
    > NVflash?).
    > I am using Windows 98SE (and XP but this I will not use for flashing).
    > Thanks a lot.

    > A big hello from Papcina
    > e-mail: papak_the_papcinaNOSPAM@hotmail.com

Nvidia BIOS Graphics