Seeking drivers for: Visiontek GeForce2 GTS Ultra

Howdy,

I've just been given this card:

http://www.shentech.com/vigegtsul64d.html

and am in the dark about drivers.

Wondering if there's an XP driver package around somewhere that I can
download? Can't find anything on Visiontek's pages...

Many thanks!

--
reply addy: xmanore A T hotmail D O T com

For that card I'd try to reduce some of the unrequired features that the
latest nvidia driver come bundled with. Try the 41.09 drivers off the nvidia
site.

Ty

"Tyrone Jackson" <tyrone@tycob.net> wrote in message
> For that card I'd try to reduce some of the unrequired features that the
> latest nvidia driver come bundled with. Try the 41.09 drivers off the
nvidia
> site.
>
> Ty

I have a machine with that same card, and it runs great with 53.03. That may
not be the very latest driver, but I am sure the latest will work fine also.

Wow...thanks for the responses...

Ok...if I understand y'all correctly and if I'm interpreting what I'm
reading on nVidia's pages correctly, there's basically one omnibus driver
for all the generations of this chipset?

I'm on the archive page:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

and will start working with what I see there.

Thanks for the info!

Bubba

Yes -- there is a single driver file for all Geforce series cards. You
might as well start with the latest one and see if it works well for you --
you'll find that while older driver files might give better frame rates in
certain games, the newest drivers tend to fix issues.

Larry

Bubba Yarfkowitz wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've just been given this card:
>
> http://www.shentech.com/vigegtsul64d.html
>
> and am in the dark about drivers.
>
> Wondering if there's an XP driver package around somewhere that I can
> download? Can't find anything on Visiontek's pages...
>
> Many thanks!

just download off Nvidias website. Try the latest and all should be good.

Shouldn't he start with installing the older drivers first? That way he can
successfully update the individual files as he moves up in versions and not
have to worry about the problems associated with downgrading the driver and
its files. Usually windows does not let you easily or correctly replace the
newly installed version of a driver and its files with installing in
succession an older version of a driver and its files on top. I think to get
rid of the new driver installation after it is installed then to install the
next older driver down the chain he would have to deal with the Detonator
Destroyer program.

That's why I would start at the bottom(30.82's?) and work my way up.

I could be wrong though, just a guess.

Ty

> Shouldn't he start with installing the older drivers first? That way he
can
> successfully update the individual files as he moves up in versions and
not
> have to worry about the problems associated with downgrading the driver
and
> its files. Usually windows does not let you easily or correctly replace
the
> newly installed version of a driver and its files with installing in
> succession an older version of a driver and its files on top. I think to
get
> rid of the new driver installation after it is installed then to install
the
> next older driver down the chain he would have to deal with the Detonator
> Destroyer program.
>
> That's why I would start at the bottom(30.82's?) and work my way up.
>
> I could be wrong though, just a guess.
>
> Ty

I don't think it is a problem to go backwards if needed.

Anyway, I have the same card and use the latest drivers, and they work
better than the older drivers for me. I have not measured frame rates, but I
have not noticed any degradation with newer drivers.

Wow (again!)...

I'm definitely impressed by the responses here.

Ok...I'll go ahead a play with the drivers a bit. Frame rate isn't my
highest priority. I'm more concerned with XP compatibility and response
on a standard CRT-type monitor.

But I really do appreciate the info and suggestions.

Bubba

"Tyrone Jackson" <tyrone@tycob.net> wrote in message
> Shouldn't he start with installing the older drivers first? That way he
can
> successfully update the individual files as he moves up in versions and
not
> have to worry about the problems associated with downgrading the driver
and
> its files. Usually windows does not let you easily or correctly replace
the
> newly installed version of a driver and its files with installing in
> succession an older version of a driver and its files on top. I think to
get
> rid of the new driver installation after it is installed then to install
the
> next older driver down the chain he would have to deal with the Detonator
> Destroyer program.
>
> That's why I would start at the bottom(30.82's?) and work my way up.
>
> I could be wrong though, just a guess.

No need to start from the being unless there a reason or problem.

CapFusion,...