Visiontek ti4200 4X card

I just picked up a nforce ultra 400 motherboard that supports 8X video. My
old Visiontek video card is rated at 4X but if I enable 8X in bios it still
works. Is something bad going to happen to my video card running it at 8X?

Ty

Nope. Your card is still running at 4x even when 8x is selected in BIOS. You
may be able to find the "true" AGP speed using a system info utility like
Sandra or Everest (formerly Aida32).

Ultimately the setting doesn't make a difference at all. According to this
article:
http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=554
There's at most a 1% performance increase with AGP8x over AGP4x.

This also means PCI-Express is not gonna be beneficial performance-wise,
though it does simplify board design and may reduce production costs in the
long run.

"Tyrone Jackson" <tyrone@tycob.net> wrote in message
> I just picked up a nforce ultra 400 motherboard that supports 8X video. My
> old Visiontek video card is rated at 4X but if I enable 8X in bios it
still
> works. Is something bad going to happen to my video card running it at 8X?
>
> Ty

Mainly nVidia, but I'm really getting sick and tired of these Giant
Corporations shafting us consumers with all these "All Show and No Go"
products and upgrades that in reality give little or no improvement in
performance at all.

They want your money as soon and as fast and as regularly as possible with
no regard for their blatant deceptions and misleading advertising directed
at the unsuspecting consumer.

> Nope. Your card is still running at 4x even when 8x is selected in BIOS.
You
> may be able to find the "true" AGP speed using a system info utility like
> Sandra or Everest (formerly Aida32).

I get 4X in Sandra.

> Ultimately the setting doesn't make a difference at all. According to this
> article:
> http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=554
> There's at most a 1% performance increase with AGP8x over AGP4x.
>
> This also means PCI-Express is not gonna be beneficial performance-wise,
> though it does simplify board design and may reduce production costs in
the
> long run.

Thank you for your help.

Ty

> "Tyrone Jackson" <tyrone@tycob.net> wrote in message
> > I just picked up a nforce ultra 400 motherboard that supports 8X video.
My
> > old Visiontek video card is rated at 4X but if I enable 8X in bios it
> still
> > works. Is something bad going to happen to my video card running it at
8X?

> > Ty

"Tyrone Jackson" <tyrone@tycob.net> wrote in message
> I just picked up a nforce ultra 400 motherboard that supports 8X video. My
> old Visiontek video card is rated at 4X but if I enable 8X in bios it
still
> works. Is something bad going to happen to my video card running it at 8X?

Should be fine in 4x eventhough you set to 8x.
If you want further information regarding VisionTek. Goto their site -

> Mainly nVidia, but I'm really getting sick and tired of these Giant
> Corporations shafting us consumers with all these "All Show and No Go"
> products and upgrades that in reality give little or no improvement in
> performance at all.
>
> They want your money as soon and as fast and as regularly as possible with
> no regard for their blatant deceptions and misleading advertising directed
> at the unsuspecting consumer.

Very valid comment but you have a choice to either wait and search for
information that the claim then buy or simply go and buy with impulse.
The name of the game is:
You have the wallet.
Let see if we [company] can make you take it out and give some or all.

At the end result, you the consumer / customer you have the buying power to
decide. You still can use your trusted old antique vga card about hundred
years ago.

CapFusion,...

TRENDING THREADS