FX5200 screen freezes

I changed my ATI Radeon 7000 VL video card for a NVidia FX5200 one but
the strange thing is that sometimes my pc will lock up since the
change. Also sometimes the screen will go black and switch itself on
again. I have a suspicion that it related to not being able to remove
my ATI driver software completely. The latest Nvidia driver are
installed.
Anyone any ideas ?

Had exactly the same problems with a 5200 I fitted to a pc I built. Throw
the passive heat sink away and fit a fan and your problems should diasappear
"bas alberink" <bas75@o2.co.uk> wrote in message
> I changed my ATI Radeon 7000 VL video card for a NVidia FX5200 one but
> the strange thing is that sometimes my pc will lock up since the
> change. Also sometimes the screen will go black and switch itself on
> again. I have a suspicion that it related to not being able to remove
> my ATI driver software completely. The latest Nvidia driver are
> installed.
> Anyone any ideas ?

TRENDING THREADS