NVDVD 2.55 has stopped working with Media Center

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

Hi, I hope you can help. I have WinXP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2004 and
up until recently, NVDVD 2.55 was working perfectly. I need NVDVD because
all other popular codecs don't work quite right in Cloned view.

When I view MCE TV, the NVDVD icon appears in the tasktray by the clock, and
NVDVD is used as MCE's MPEG4 decoder (wow that's a mouthful!).

However for no apparent reason it now uses another codec, which using
GraphEdit I discovered is InterVideo's.

I don't have WinDVD installed, so with a codec remover I unregistered the
InterVideo codec, but then I got the MCE video error as it couldn't access a
codec.

I therefore reinstalled NVDVD 2.55 and this always used to work, but this
time no.

I have rebooted and reinstalled in various ways over 15 times now, but still
no NVDVD icon by the clock and no MCE TV.

I restored to the point where the InterVideo codec was being used, and tried
installing NVDVD over that, but still nothing.

How can I get NVDVD to be associated with MCE again? I'm happy editing
registry or system files.

Note: I can play DVR-MS files in NVDVD itself, and in WMP9.

It's just MCE that won't use NVDVD any more :( I confirm this as when I got
to MCE>Settings>DVD>Audio, the InterVideo Audio window appears, whereas it
used to be the NVDVD one.

If I do the same in WMP9, the NVDVD one appears.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PS: I am using the NVDVD 2.55 trial, but when I tried to purchase it I was
told 'product not listed' or similar error message when it connected to the
payment server - therefore it was impossible for me to pay NVIDIA for a full
version. I am therefore stuck with the trial for now - any ideas?

Charlie

This supposed to fix an issue with the XP Media Center Edition

"Anon" <anon@anon.con> wrote in message
> Hi, I hope you can help. I have WinXP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2004 and
> up until recently, NVDVD 2.55 was working perfectly. I need NVDVD because
> all other popular codecs don't work quite right in Cloned view.
>
> When I view MCE TV, the NVDVD icon appears in the tasktray by the clock,
and
> NVDVD is used as MCE's MPEG4 decoder (wow that's a mouthful!).
>
> However for no apparent reason it now uses another codec, which using
> GraphEdit I discovered is InterVideo's.
>
> I don't have WinDVD installed, so with a codec remover I unregistered the
> InterVideo codec, but then I got the MCE video error as it couldn't access
> codec.
>
> I therefore reinstalled NVDVD 2.55 and this always used to work, but this
> time no.
>
> I have rebooted and reinstalled in various ways over 15 times now, but
still
> no NVDVD icon by the clock and no MCE TV.
>
> I restored to the point where the InterVideo codec was being used, and
tried
> installing NVDVD over that, but still nothing.
>
> How can I get NVDVD to be associated with MCE again? I'm happy editing
> registry or system files.
>
> Note: I can play DVR-MS files in NVDVD itself, and in WMP9.
>
> It's just MCE that won't use NVDVD any more :( I confirm this as when I
got
> to MCE>Settings>DVD>Audio, the InterVideo Audio window appears, whereas it
> used to be the NVDVD one.
>
> If I do the same in WMP9, the NVDVD one appears.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> PS: I am using the NVDVD 2.55 trial, but when I tried to purchase it I was
> told 'product not listed' or similar error message when it connected to
the
> payment server - therefore it was impossible for me to pay NVIDIA for a
full
> version. I am therefore stuck with the trial for now - any ideas?

begin 666 mce2004patch.reg
M__Y2`$4`1P!%`$0`20!4`#0`#0`*``T`"@!;`$@`2P!%`%D`7P!,`$\`0P!!
M`$P`7P!-`$$`0P!(`$D`3@!%`%P`4P!/`$8`5 !7`$$`4@!%`%P`3@!6`$D`
M1 !)`$$`( !#`&\`<@!P`&\`<@!A`'0`:0!O`&X`7 !&`&D`; !T`&4`<@!S
M`%P`5@!I`&0`90!O`%T`#0`*`"(`1 !I`',`80!B`&P`90!3`'4`8@!P`&D`
`
end

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

Thanks Charlie, had already tried that. For now I have given up, and
managed to get WinDVD6 to work which seems great.]