Sounds in FarCry

Hi,

I can't hear the sounds of enemy weapons and vehicles in FarCry. There
is no problem with music and nature voices.

Is it an installation failure? Or absolutely normal?

Thanks

Orhan

NaDa

oooglu@hotmail.com (Orhan) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't hear the sounds of enemy weapons and vehicles in FarCry. There
> is no problem with music and nature voices.
>
> Is it an installation failure? Or absolutely normal?
>
> Thanks
>
> Orhan

Every now and then I have problems with nVidia nForce drivers for
Soundstorm. I've had zero problems with ATI and nVidia video cards,
but the sounds disappear from here and there and affect the frame-rate
with casual halts.

nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote in message news:<b9c228ae.0406230417.4324daf5@posting.google.com>...
> oooglu@hotmail.com (Orhan) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't hear the sounds of enemy weapons and vehicles in FarCry. There
> > is no problem with music and nature voices.
> >
> > Is it an installation failure? Or absolutely normal?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Orhan
>

> Every now and then I have problems with nVidia nForce drivers for
> Soundstorm. I've had zero problems with ATI and nVidia video cards,
> but the sounds disappear from here and there and affect the frame-rate
> with casual halts.

I have an Audigy 2ZS and am running a Dual-Boot system. I also have
sound and performance problems like yours -with Creative drivers under
98SE only-. I think they don't support 98SE anymore. But there is no
problem in xp pro with my FX5600 + Creative drivers.

My question was Far Cry related that I play under XP. I just wanted to
know if this game has generally no sounds for enemies
(weapons,persons,vehicles..). I hear my own weapon, the nature, the
man who talks to me and the music only.

Thanks

"Orhan" <oooglu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I can't hear the sounds of enemy weapons and vehicles in FarCry. There
> is no problem with music and nature voices.
>
> Is it an installation failure? Or absolutely normal?
>
> Thanks
>
> Orhan

Hint: What's the name of the game? ;)

"Humga" <Humga@no-spam.com> wrote in message news:<s-CdnTRBd6DIlUbdRVn-vA@eclipse.net.uk>...
> "Orhan" <oooglu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't hear the sounds of enemy weapons and vehicles in FarCry. There
> > is no problem with music and nature voices.
> >
> > Is it an installation failure? Or absolutely normal?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Orhan
>
> Hint: What's the name of the game? ;)

OK. The cry may be far away. But the sounds folder is near on my pc ;)
I see that all necessary sound files are there, to name a few, for
explosions, doors, mutants etc. I just couldn't hear them during
gameplay.

Orhan

"Orhan" <oooglu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I can't hear the sounds of enemy weapons and vehicles in FarCry. There
> is no problem with music and nature voices.
>
> Is it an installation failure? Or absolutely normal?
>
> Thanks
>
> Orhan

No it is not normal. Have you tried turning on the sound compatibility mode
?

"Athura" <athura@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<cbg12k$eq2$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>...
> "Orhan" <oooglu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't hear the sounds of enemy weapons and vehicles in FarCry. There
> > is no problem with music and nature voices.
> >
> > Is it an installation failure? Or absolutely normal?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Orhan
>
> No it is not normal. Have you tried turning on the sound compatibility mode
> ?

Yes, I tried out all settings including the ones of my Creative Audigy
2ZS. The problem persists.

TRENDING THREADS