Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

different 6800 card comparisons

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 10:57:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I see that a low end 6800 is now available online:

LEADTEK WINFAST A400 STD FX6800 128MB


Any idea on what the performance of this card is compared it an ultra or
GT??


I see that its approximately half the price of the Ultra, does that mean its
got about half the performace? (basically putting it in the 5900 class as
far as speed).

thanks for any advice,

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com

More about : 6800 card comparisons

Anonymous
June 23, 2004 7:20:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Mickey Johnson wrote:

> I see that a low end 6800 is now available online:
>
> LEADTEK WINFAST A400 STD FX6800 128MB
>
>
> Any idea on what the performance of this card is compared it an ultra or
> GT??
>
>
> I see that its approximately half the price of the Ultra, does that mean its
> got about half the performace? (basically putting it in the 5900 class as
> far as speed).
>
> thanks for any advice,

I don't think that any of the review sites tested this low
end card, so nobody knows.

Jeff B

>
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 5:25:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:20:20 GMT, jeff b <fakeaddy@fjyfj.com> wrote:

>
>
>Mickey Johnson wrote:
>
>> I see that a low end 6800 is now available online:
>>
>> LEADTEK WINFAST A400 STD FX6800 128MB
>>
>>
>> Any idea on what the performance of this card is compared it an ultra or
>> GT??
>>
>>
>> I see that its approximately half the price of the Ultra, does that mean its
>> got about half the performace? (basically putting it in the 5900 class as
>> far as speed).
>>

12 pipes vs 16.
Lower clock rates for both GPU and memory.
Single power-connection. Single card-slot.

Maybe 25% faster than a FX5950 Ultra.
Identical DX9.0c functionality to its bigger
brothers.

A good speed-fit for the amount of RAM on-board.
Any faster demands more video RAM to take
advantage of higher resolutions and higher levels
of antialiasing.

Go on-line and compare specs.

John Lewis



>> thanks for any advice,
>
>I don't think that any of the review sites tested this low
>end card, so nobody knows.
>
>Jeff B
>
>>
>
!