Problems with, Pocket PC, Bluetooth, Internet Sharing, LAN..

April 8, 2004 5:47:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I am having real problems getting my Pocket PC iPAQ 2210 connecting to a
shared internet connection without it makeing my LAN not work. I have 3
computers on my LAN through a broadband router/switch (Buffalo AirStation
G54). The LAN worked fine untill i set up my internet sharing so that the
iPAQ could connect to the internet through my Bluetooth dongle.

Is there anyway to set up the computer that is sharing the internet with the
iPAQ so that the LAN works and the internet bluetooth connection works at
the same time?

Please help as I am going slowly insane!

TIA
Antony
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 5:47:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

The problem is that your LAN usesing Internet Connection sharing uses
192.168.0.1 and that is what BT wants to use as well.The solution is to set
the LAN to use something else besides 192.168.0.1 . Fopr further details, go
to Mauricios site, he has a work around. Great site
Mauricio Freitas
Bluetooth Guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
Performance Center: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028

--
"And then I said; "If your shipping internationally, you gotta use FEDEX!"

"Antony Leedale"
<leedale30_REMOVE_ALL_THIS_CRAP_TO_MIAL_ME_BACK_CHEERS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:1Sbdc.42330$Id.21485@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I am having real problems getting my Pocket PC iPAQ 2210 connecting to a
> shared internet connection without it makeing my LAN not work. I have 3
> computers on my LAN through a broadband router/switch (Buffalo AirStation
> G54). The LAN worked fine untill i set up my internet sharing so that the
> iPAQ could connect to the internet through my Bluetooth dongle.
>
> Is there anyway to set up the computer that is sharing the internet with
the
> iPAQ so that the LAN works and the internet bluetooth connection works at
> the same time?
>
> Please help as I am going slowly insane!
>
> TIA
> Antony

April 8, 2004 7:13:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Antony Leedale"
<leedale30_REMOVE_ALL_THIS_CRAP_TO_MIAL_ME_BACK_CHEERS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:1Sbdc.42330$Id.21485@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I am having real problems getting my Pocket PC iPAQ 2210 connecting to a
> shared internet connection without it makeing my LAN not work. I have 3
> computers on my LAN through a broadband router/switch (Buffalo AirStation
> G54). The LAN worked fine untill i set up my internet sharing so that the
> iPAQ could connect to the internet through my Bluetooth dongle.
>
> Is there anyway to set up the computer that is sharing the internet with
the
> iPAQ so that the LAN works and the internet bluetooth connection works at
> the same time?
>
> Please help as I am going slowly insane!
>
> TIA
> Antony

Hiya, I have had exactly the same problem - choice of bluetooth or lan - not
both. Unfortunately the only solution I have so far is to connect via
bluetooth.activesync pass-through. The method for doing this comes with the
IPAQ Bluetooth manual in your IPAQ box but if you have any probs come back
and I'll dig out mine and let you know how I did it. It works fine over
short distances (ie PC is in bedroom and I can connect from lounge). HTH.
Shaun
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 2:24:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I am having the same kind of trouble right now. I am using a Toshiba E330
with the Toshiba SD-Card2 and
a MSI Bluetooth USB dongle for the PC side. I can easily create a Bluetooth
internet connection through active
sync by creating a virtual serial connection; but it is rather slow and not
very stable at my place.

I have been trying out the guides at geekzone.co.nz aswell (great stuff) but
unfortunately I cannot get it to work.
I then decided to go for www.nat32.com and try this out - but again I am
trapped and I'm getting nowhere, even
after reading the manual and trying out whatever crossed my mind.

My PC consists of a PCI LAN adapter 172.16.1.20 (running webserver) and a
PCI LAN adapter 172.16.1.65
(this one is installed for the purpose of letting it share the connection)
My entire IP span is 172.16.X.X, so it should
not conflict with Windows Internet Connection Sharing (but also this part
doesn't work with me). The PDA and my
PC is paired and connected for a personal networking, but the internet part
is just not working.

Can anyone give me a hint or clue?`

Kind regards,
Henrik