Watchguard Firewalls

Hi Everyone,

I am considering using a watchguard firebox for our network. I don't
know the model number, but I want to try out their equivalent to a
cisco pix 515.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with watchguard? Are there
any problem s with it in a mixed environment?

We would primarily be using it for protecting webservers, mailservers,
etc. in a colocation /web environment.

Thank you,

Sanjay
please cc me as well.
svp011467@yahoo.com
1 answer Last reply
More about watchguard firewalls

    In article <1124824643.128472.187370@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    svp011467@yahoo.com says...
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > I am considering using a watchguard firebox for our network. I don't
    > know the model number, but I want to try out their equivalent to a
    > cisco pix 515.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me about their experiences with watchguard? Are there
    > any problem s with it in a mixed environment?
    >
    > We would primarily be using it for protecting webservers, mailservers,
    > etc. in a colocation /web environment.

    Please describe what protection you need and what other services you
    have.

    The Firebox X700 is fine for small shops with under 200 nodes and does
    great for any shop based on how much bandwidth you need.

    I have the X700 at medical centers, pharmacies, companies with a
    dedicated 20 IPSec tunnels to them.....

    I use WG appliances with Linksys, Netgear, Sonic, PIX, CheckPoint, and
    even Netscreen units.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me