Watchguard Firewalls

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
August 23, 2005 4:17:23 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am considering using a watchguard firebox for our network. I don't
know the model number, but I want to try out their equivalent to a
cisco pix 515.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with watchguard? Are there
any problem s with it in a mixed environment?

We would primarily be using it for protecting webservers, mailservers,
etc. in a colocation /web environment.

Thank you,

Sanjay
please cc me as well.
svp011467@yahoo.com

More about : watchguard firewalls

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 24, 2005 12:20:56 AM

In article <1124824643.128472.187370@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
svp011467@yahoo.com says...
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am considering using a watchguard firebox for our network. I don't
> know the model number, but I want to try out their equivalent to a
> cisco pix 515.
>
> Can anyone tell me about their experiences with watchguard? Are there
> any problem s with it in a mixed environment?
>
> We would primarily be using it for protecting webservers, mailservers,
> etc. in a colocation /web environment.

Please describe what protection you need and what other services you
have.

The Firebox X700 is fine for small shops with under 200 nodes and does
great for any shop based on how much bandwidth you need.

I have the X700 at medical centers, pharmacies, companies with a
dedicated 20 IPSec tunnels to them.....

I use WG appliances with Linksys, Netgear, Sonic, PIX, CheckPoint, and
even Netscreen units.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me