Intel display driver has stopped responding recovered

sviator5

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Hello, i was recently given a "nspire" laptop from my father because it was giving him issues, its windows 7 and the problem with it is anytime your on it for any more than lets say 30 minutes it starts crashing going to a black screen, if u moved the mouse around frantically it will recover and a pop up will appear reading "intel display driver has stopped responding recovered" now i have narrowed it down to 2 things(i could be wrong) but either something is not installed properly, which really i dont know of a way to tell if thats the case, o over heating...i have a fan for it now and it helps but it still crashes, someone brought to my attention that it could be the resolution but when i go to change it in my control panal in advanced setting and troubleshoot tab it does not allow me can you please help me oout with this.

may be u install something software or other it can make crash !

when boot press F8 sellect safemode let him work & open windows, reboot again press f8 sellect last good known.

option 2 :
when boot press F8 sellect safemode let him work & open windows, go control panel uninstall intel chipset driver it make reboot. & u can install again intel chipset driver form CD

option 3 for :
hen boot press F8 sellect safemode let him work & open windows, go control panel
uninstall last software which make crash

Right so your having a problem with the onboard intel graphics chipset.
Here is a run down of things to test.

1. Is the fan in the laptop pushing out warm air/ working fine.
If the answer is no, then it needs to be replaced with a new one as overheating of the graphics chip can be a case of driver halt.

If that is not the answer, then it may be a simple case of uninstalling the intel graphics driver.
Then re-installing it again.

Here is the link to Acer for your drivers, just select what model it is, you will find the model number on the underside of the laptop.
Download the intel graphics driver/install it, and see if it helps you out.

Link.

http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=17&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1g.c2att92=122&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2980211862