Geforce 3 DVI problem

Hi,

Trying to get the DVI connection working on an old GF3 Ti200, and having
major problems. This is on W2K btw.

The symptoms are:

1. If I uninstall all drivers, so I'm just using the basic VGA driver,
then if I plug in the DVI connection only, all is well and it work
perfectly, albeit at low res and colours.

2. If I install the latest Detonator drivers (56.72), then if I boot
with both the DVI and analogue connections connected, then it defaults
to analogue from boot and nothing comes out the DVI.

3. Again with the drivers installed, if I disconnect the analogue
connection then at boot it outputs via DVI. I get the POST screen, plus
the main W2K loading screen on the DVI connection, but as soon as it
switches modes and brings up the logon prompt, it switches back to
analogue, even with nothing connected to it, and I have to connect up
the analogue port to continue. This is with all resolutions and refresh
rates btw.

No 3 is the real puzzler. Once I'm into Windows after reconnecting the
analogue port, there is no mention anywhere in the display settings
(standard or NVidia's) of a DVI port or digital connection of any kind.

I'm wondering if the latest drivers are somehow screwed for the old GF3
cards, and I should try an older set. If so, does anyone have any ideas
which would be the best to use and where to find them?

Getting a bit desperate now, any advice gratefully received.
--
Toby

IIRC, GF3Ti200 should only can have one port on. Meaning, no DualView /
Clone / Span mode [no - nView Display Mode option available].

I no longer have GF3 to look at but by memory. I could be wrong.

CapFusion,...

In article <-JadnZP5rL2wo37dRVn-vw@megapath.net>, CapFusion
<CapeFussion.?.?.?@hotmail.?.?> writes
>IIRC, GF3Ti200 should only can have one port on. Meaning, no DualView /
>Clone / Span mode [no - nView Display Mode option available].
>
>I no longer have GF3 to look at but by memory. I could be wrong.
>
>CapFusion,...

Hi,

I don't want to run two screens at once, so I don't need any of the
clone/span stuff. I just want to get the card to output via the DVI
connection rather than the analog one, but it keep switching back to
analogue during the boot process and I can't work out why.

--
Toby

The newest drivers are for use with the FX series cards. With your older
card try using the 45.23 driver for stability.

--
DaveW

> Hi,
>
> I don't want to run two screens at once, so I don't need any of the
> clone/span stuff. I just want to get the card to output via the DVI
> connection rather than the analog one, but it keep switching back to
> analogue during the boot process and I can't work out why.

You simply do not attach the RGB and just use the DVI. The card will scan
for any cable attach to the port during the bootup..

CapFusion,...

> The newest drivers are for use with the FX series cards. With your older
> card try using the 45.23 driver for stability.

The lastest driver for FX card also will work fine with older model
generation.

CapFusion,...

In article <SYednSnDFZS9wnndRVn-tA@megapath.net>, CapFusion
<CapeFussion.?.?.?@hotmail.?.?> writes

>"Toby Groves" <news@iconia.org.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't want to run two screens at once, so I don't need any of the
>> clone/span stuff. I just want to get the card to output via the DVI
>> connection rather than the analog one, but it keep switching back to
>> analogue during the boot process and I can't work out why.
>
>You simply do not attach the RGB and just use the DVI. The card will scan
>for any cable attach to the port during the bootup..

Fraid not.

If I disconnect the analog and just connect the DVI, then it uses that
to start with, but when it gets to the login screen in W2K, it switches
back to analog.

After scouring Google Groups, it appears I'm not the only person to have
this problem with the GF3/GF4 cards, and there doesn't seem to be a
solution.
--
Toby