video card upgrade, which way

I currently have a gForce MX200 64MB card. I use my system for
multi-purpose in a dual boot XP-Pro mode with boot 1 for everyday use and
the other boot dedicated to Audio hard disk recording software like Cakewalk
Sonar and Sony Soundforge, Acid and CD archictect. I have Vegas+DVD and now
would like to get into doing more video based stuff. So my question is
whether to get a dedicated video capture card/device or go with a video card
that can do it all

Any ideas ? Thanks

Jerry Alan Braga wrote:

> I currently have a gForce MX200 64MB card. I use my system for
> multi-purpose in a dual boot XP-Pro mode with boot 1 for everyday use and
> the other boot dedicated to Audio hard disk recording software like Cakewalk
> Sonar and Sony Soundforge, Acid and CD archictect. I have Vegas+DVD and now
> would like to get into doing more video based stuff. So my question is
> whether to get a dedicated video capture card/device or go with a video card
> that can do it all
>
> Any ideas ? Thanks

Get a Fusion2 HDTV tuner card. It processes HDTV off the air and
displays it through your graphics card, windowed or full screen.
It also makes uncompressed .tp files (which are undistinguishable from
live broadcast) for time shifting.

Jeff B

"Jerry Alan Braga" <jerry.braga@noreply.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I currently have a gForce MX200 64MB card. I use my system for
> multi-purpose in a dual boot XP-Pro mode with boot 1 for everyday use and
> the other boot dedicated to Audio hard disk recording software like
Cakewalk
> Sonar and Sony Soundforge, Acid and CD archictect. I have Vegas+DVD and
now
> would like to get into doing more video based stuff. So my question is
> whether to get a dedicated video capture card/device or go with a video
card
> that can do it all
>
> Any ideas ? Thanks

Well, you could always go for one of those GeForce 5900 cards with ViVo
connection. I have one myself, but I still haven't tested the video-in
function. From your post, I understand that you are not a gamer, so maybe,
on the other hand, this would be a waste of money for you. I think that the
best bet for you would be to buy one of those WinTV video capture cards.
They are cheaper then the mentioned GF card above, and the result of the
video capture is probably much better as well.