nVidia DVI and ultra high resolutions

on the web page for the Leadtek quadro FX 700:
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/workstation_graphic/quadrofx_700_1.shtml

it says half way down that the card supports up to 3840 x 2400
resolution... but then right beneath that it has resolution limits on
both VGA and DVI which are much lower than that???

what is the highest res (specifically widescreen) that you can go with
nVidia cards and DVI...? i'm thinking of using it with the new apple 23"
cinema screen which now works with DVI (1920 x 1200)

:)
4 answers Last reply
More about nvidia ultra high resolutions

    Actually it reads "NVIDIA Quadro FX products drive FSAA up to a phenomenal
    3840x2400 resolution."

    That does not mean it does that resolution, it means it attempts to
    simulates that resolution with FSAA running I assuming using maxxed out FSAA
    settings.

    a.. DAC maximum resolution/refresh:
    2048 x 1536 x 32 bpp at 75 Hz
    a.. Internal single link TMDS (optional DVI-I) with reduced blanking:
    1600 x 1200 x 32 bpp at 60 Hz

    I believe these are your true res support figures...

    Paul Gunson wrote:
    > on the web page for the Leadtek quadro FX 700:
    > http://www.leadtek.com.tw/workstation_graphic/quadrofx_700_1.shtml
    >
    > it says half way down that the card supports up to 3840 x 2400
    > resolution... but then right beneath that it has resolution limits on
    > both VGA and DVI which are much lower than that???
    >
    > what is the highest res (specifically widescreen) that you can go with
    > nVidia cards and DVI...? i'm thinking of using it with the new apple 23"
    > cinema screen which now works with DVI (1920 x 1200)
    >
    > :)

    Slightly OT, but I have an Apple 23" Cinema. I am dissappointed that it
    doesn't work with my BFG 5600U card. It does work with the x800pro.
    My concern is that it won't work with the 6800u. I called BFG support,
    they had no idea if their 6800U card will work with said monitor.
    What cards have you seen this monitor work with?

    Jeff B

    Jeff B wrote:

    > Slightly OT, but I have an Apple 23" Cinema. I am dissappointed that it
    > doesn't work with my BFG 5600U card. It does work with the x800pro.
    > My concern is that it won't work with the 6800u. I called BFG support,
    > they had no idea if their 6800U card will work with said monitor.
    > What cards have you seen this monitor work with?

    do u have one of the original 23" cinema screens...? i've only seen that
    on a Mac. the new 20" and 23" cinema screens will work natively with any
    DVI card, but now that i've just read that last post i'm not sure if it
    will support 1920 x 1200.... hmmm. the 30" cinema screen has to have the
    6800Ultra with 2 DVI connections.

    > do u have one of the original 23" cinema screens...?

    No, I have the very latest, the "new" one.

    > i've only seen that
    > on a Mac. the new 20" and 23" cinema screens will work natively with any
    > DVI card,

    It doesn't work with my BFG 5600u.

    > but now that i've just read that last post i'm not sure if it
    > will support 1920 x 1200.... hmmm.

    If by "it" you mean the 23 "Apple Cinema HDTV display, yes of course it runs
    at it's native res of 1920x1200.

    Jeff B

Nvidia DVI Resolution Graphics