Monitor won't go into sleep mode with Ti4200 or MX440 card

bill

This has been a long running problem with my MSI Ti4200 64MB 4X AGP
won't put monitor into sleep mode. it'll only blank the screen out
when sleep time is up, and monitor's remain in full power mode.

I'm using it on Asus A7N8X-X motherboard. Before this card I bought a
brand new MSI GForce 4 MX440 8X AGP card and it was the same
situation.

My monitor will go into sleep mode just fine with my other computer's
on-board video card, so it's not the monitor. I tried various
nvidia/MSI drivers version and didn't seem to help at all.

What else should I look for to solve this mystery? or is this a common
problem with MSI cards?

Can someone please help!

Thanks

"Bill" <xenonsky@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This has been a long running problem with my MSI Ti4200 64MB 4X AGP
> won't put monitor into sleep mode. it'll only blank the screen out
> when sleep time is up, and monitor's remain in full power mode.
>
> I'm using it on Asus A7N8X-X motherboard. Before this card I bought a
> brand new MSI GForce 4 MX440 8X AGP card and it was the same
> situation.
>
> My monitor will go into sleep mode just fine with my other computer's
> on-board video card, so it's not the monitor. I tried various
> nvidia/MSI drivers version and didn't seem to help at all.
>
> What else should I look for to solve this mystery? or is this a common
> problem with MSI cards?
>
> Can someone please help!

What setting in "Energy saving features of monitor" from Display Properties
in Screen Saver?
Under Power - Power Schemes, what setting is it on under "Turn off monitor"?

CapFusion,...

bill

"CapFusion" <CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com> wrote in message news:<R8-dnfoStsMW3HHdRVn-jg@megapath.net>...
> "Bill" <xenonsky@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > This has been a long running problem with my MSI Ti4200 64MB 4X AGP
> > won't put monitor into sleep mode. it'll only blank the screen out
> > when sleep time is up, and monitor's remain in full power mode.
> >
> > I'm using it on Asus A7N8X-X motherboard. Before this card I bought a
> > brand new MSI GForce 4 MX440 8X AGP card and it was the same
> > situation.
> >
> > My monitor will go into sleep mode just fine with my other computer's
> > on-board video card, so it's not the monitor. I tried various
> > nvidia/MSI drivers version and didn't seem to help at all.
> >
> > What else should I look for to solve this mystery? or is this a common
> > problem with MSI cards?
> >
> > Can someone please help!
>
> What setting in "Energy saving features of monitor" from Display Properties
> in Screen Saver?
> Under Power - Power Schemes, what setting is it on under "Turn off monitor"?
>
> CapFusion,...

It's set to turn off monitor after 30 minutes. I've tried setting it
at 1 minute and play with different setting hopeing that it'll turn
the monitor to power saving mode. but it doesn't.
Bill

> It's set to turn off monitor after 30 minutes. I've tried setting it
> at 1 minute and play with different setting hopeing that it'll turn
> the monitor to power saving mode. but it doesn't.
> Bill

I do not know the answer to your problem at this point. If the card do not
turn off, I would guess it hardware problem with the card. I have not run
into this problem yet so I have no idea how to resolve from guess on your
case. Again, I assumed it just the card. You can varified using another card
to see if it goto sleep mode or not.

CapFusion,...