Disable intergrated graphics

How do I
How do I disable intergrated graphics so that I can install a new graphics
card?

Thanks.
13 answers Last reply
More about disable intergrated graphics

    "JI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > How do I
    > How do I disable intergrated graphics so that I can install a new
    graphics
    > card?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You need to go inot your BIOS and change disable it from there.

    "JI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
    <Ru0Gc.192619$Gx4.141222@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>:

    >How do I
    >How do I disable intergrated graphics so that I can install a new
    >graphics card?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Most motherboards carying Integrated Graphic Cards sense it if you put an
    VGA card in your system...and switch it automaticly off!

    Totally depends on your PC. Some allow you to disable it in the BIOS,
    others mostly older systems can use a jumper on the mobo, some will disable
    themsleves when you insert a new card, still others you cant use any other
    video cards(certain vintage of Compaq, HP, etc...) because they gave you no
    way to disable the onboard video.

    "JI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > How do I
    > How do I disable intergrated graphics so that I can install a new
    graphics
    > card?
    >
    > Thanks.

    When you start up your computer, read the screen and press the stated key
    that takes you into the computer's BIOS. This is where you will disable the
    onboard video.

    --
    DaveW

    DaveW wrote:

    > When you start up your computer, read the screen and press the stated key
    > that takes you into the computer's BIOS. This is where you will disable
    > the onboard video.

    Unless it has to be disabled with a switch or jumper setting.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    I know how to get to the BIOS. What's the specfic setting that I'm looking
    for?

    > I know how to get to the BIOS. What's the specfic setting that I'm
    looking
    > for?

    It seems you wouldnt need to ask that question then...
    Look for something like onboard vga, or integrated vga, etc...

    Might be easier to post teh make/model of your pc/motherboard and someone
    might be able to help more.

    Thanks.
    Here's the BIOS 62-0121-001131-00101111-042021-via_p6
    "Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message

    > "JI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > > I know how to get to the BIOS. What's the specfic setting that I'm
    > looking
    > > for?
    >
    > It seems you wouldnt need to ask that question then...
    > Look for something like onboard vga, or integrated vga, etc...
    >
    > Might be easier to post teh make/model of your pc/motherboard and someone
    > might be able to help more.

    That is completely useless info, what make and model of pc do you have, and
    if possible provide the website link to the manufacturer.
    > Thanks.
    > Here's the BIOS 62-0121-001131-00101111-042021-via_p6
    > "Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message

    ELITEGROUP COMPUTER CO., LTD clone pc p4 winxp

    "Dark Avenger" <no_spam@spamnet.nl> wrote in message

    > Most motherboards carying Integrated Graphic Cards sense it if you put an
    > VGA card in your system...and switch it automaticly off!

    Not all Integrated Graphic Display will disable automatically. Some or most
    will stay on with additional VGA card.
    Some user will get piss-off if it get disable when there addition VGA card
    present. This user may want to have multi-display.

    The only option is to have it stay on or active but set the PCI as the
    initialize first from the BIOS. Simply either ignore this second display
    [onboard]. Or try to goto device manage to disable from there [as
    workaround].

    Normally Gateway / DELL / HP and other will have this problem. Did I missed
    any other vendor?
    Many people get mad when there no option to truly disable the Onboard VGA.
    Also alot of user get fool when disable from the Device Manager thinking it
    is being disable.

    CapFusion,...
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    > ELITEGROUP COMPUTER CO., LTD clone pc p4 winxp

    What is the model? Now we know the make.

    CapFusion,...
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 02:59:36 GMT, "JI" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >ELITEGROUP COMPUTER CO., LTD clone pc p4 winxp

    When you turn on your computer - usually the DELETE key will get you
    into your BIOS... locate the area that shows ON/OFF options for things
    like SERIAL / controllers/ Audio etc - this is where the Video ON/OFF
    is usually.

    You dont have the manual? Go to the EliteGroup web site and they
    should have it available for download.

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - Fahrenheit 9/11 - Unless you see it for yourself, don't call it "a bunch of lies"... that would be unAmerican.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist.
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

Nvidia Graphics