your ride

Last response: in Video Games
July 8, 2005 9:06:12 PM

what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?

mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

More about : ride

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 4:29:43 AM

Lawrence wrote:

> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
>
> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

The Sand King is still my favourite, carried over from VC, but I think
there's only one spawns and it's quite hidden away. I've loved the
Patriot since GTA3. I love thuggish vehicles.

The Slamvan is an exceptionally cool car, but it's a little skittish

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Paul Heslop proclaimed...

> The Sand King is still my favourite, carried over from VC, but I think
> there's only one spawns and it's quite hidden away. I've loved the
> Patriot since GTA3. I love thuggish vehicles.
>
> The Slamvan is an exceptionally cool car, but it's a little skittish

Any bike really, I'm quite fond of the police bike and there's always
one nearby waiting to be 'acquired' :)

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 5:47:45 AM

"Lawrence" <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> wrote in message
> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
>
> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

Jetpack. Far and away.

But you probably meant a land vehicle (and a normal one -- not a tank).
Hmm. Not sure.

--cleve
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 8:18:12 AM

"Lawrence" <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> wrote in message
> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
>
> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

I like the NRG, and the BF Injection...
July 9, 2005 9:13:24 AM

"Lawrence" <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> wrote in message
> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
>
> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

The jetpack. If you're looking for a ground vehicle then the Bullet though
the biker in me wants to say the Harley (with KDST on though!).
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 12:36:53 PM

Strider wrote:

> Paul Heslop proclaimed...
>
> > The Sand King is still my favourite, carried over from VC, but I think
> > there's only one spawns and it's quite hidden away. I've loved the
> > Patriot since GTA3. I love thuggish vehicles.
> >
> > The Slamvan is an exceptionally cool car, but it's a little skittish
>
> Any bike really, I'm quite fond of the police bike and there's always
> one nearby waiting to be 'acquired' :)
>
> --
> "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."
>
> www.stri.tk - site and blog

:o )) You got to love the way the cop gets back to his feet almost
immediately. CJ drops to the ground it takes hims econds to recover,
specially if he has a cop car parked on his legs. What a wimp.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 8:26:05 PM

"Lawrence" <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> wrote in news:IxEze.64824$go.11782
@fed1read05:

> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
>
> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

Probably the Jump Jet, I didn't know you could fly it forward until
recently. The NRG-500 and Super GT are up there too.

Is there a Skyline GT-R equivalent in SA?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 5:07:22 PM

Lawrence <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> wrote in message
> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
>
> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

The Bandito is great fun through the city.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 5:40:21 PM

Lawrence wrote:
> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
>
> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

I like the monster truck (driving over people is fun)
The roadtrain is cool if you dont want anybody to get in your way.

I have just discovered the hydra which seems quite cool except that it
only flys like a helicoptor.
unless there is some way to fly the hydra like a plane I prefer the
leviathon or the nevada since they are both resonably stable , fast and
easy to land.

Unfortunatly I havent finished the game so I may change my mind.
the swat truck and the Andromada look quite cool , how do you aquire
them?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 7:30:27 PM

In message <IxEze.64824$go.11782@fed1read05>
"Lawrence" <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> wrote:

> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?

GTAIII: The Banshee
Vice City: The PJC600
San Andreas: Either the FCR900 or the Rhino.

> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.

Bit of a monster isn't it? It's good acceleratiob comes in very handy
for some of the unique jumps.

Cheers,
Rob
July 10, 2005 7:32:49 PM

In message <42CF1A55.A8600A1F@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> The Sand King is still my favourite, carried over from VC, but I think
> there's only one spawns and it's quite hidden away. I've loved the
> Patriot since GTA3. I love thuggish vehicles.

I love the Patriot too, it's a sturdy little vehicle and can climb
near-vertical slopes. The Sand King only spawns at one of the stadiums I
think (LV?) but it's great fun to drive in the desert. See if you can
jump the unique stunt jump near the Sherman Dam. I ALMOST made it once
:o )

> The Slamvan is an exceptionally cool car, but it's a little skittish

Did you know that you can customise it at Loco Low Co?

Cheers, Rob
July 10, 2005 8:06:02 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42CF1A55.A8600A1F@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > The Sand King is still my favourite, carried over from VC, but I think
> > there's only one spawns and it's quite hidden away. I've loved the
> > Patriot since GTA3. I love thuggish vehicles.
>
> I love the Patriot too, it's a sturdy little vehicle and can climb
> near-vertical slopes. The Sand King only spawns at one of the stadiums I
> think (LV?) but it's great fun to drive in the desert. See if you can
> jump the unique stunt jump near the Sherman Dam. I ALMOST made it once
> :o )

:o ) Have to try that! The good news it it spawns under the Big Ear or
whatever its called. The huge dish on the mountain? You have to look
round the base as it's in the shadow. There's also a set of infra red
or heat vision googgles up there.

> > The Slamvan is an exceptionally cool car, but it's a little skittish
>
> Did you know that you can customise it at Loco Low Co?
>
> Cheers, Rob
> --
yup, and then it looks even better! Still rides like a frisky nympho
having an epileptic fit though :o ))

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 8:41:13 PM

Rob White wrote:
> In message <1121028021.555308.291350@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>
> "akcarlos" <akcarlos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I like the monster truck (driving over people is fun)
> > The roadtrain is cool if you dont want anybody to get in your way.
>
> Agreed, the Monster truck is one vehicle you can have a lot of fun in.
> It's great if you can master the R1 four wheel drive steering too.
>
> > I have just discovered the hydra which seems quite cool except that it
> > only flys like a helicoptor.
>
> You can adjust the jets, on the PS2 you can move them by moving the
> right directional stick up or down. It gets up to a really good turn of
> speed, and appears to be the most manoeverable plane going.

ah cooool , I will have to find the keys for the PC!
> > unless there is some way to fly the hydra like a plane I prefer the
> > leviathon or the nevada since they are both resonably stable , fast and
> > easy to land.
>
> Is the Nevada the two-prop plane with the fixed undercarriage? The
> first time I played through SA I was very impressed with the increased
> ceiling height and the controls of the planes and choppers. The Juank
> Air plane has really slow clunky controls, whilst the smaller planes
> behave as you'd expect. Hats off to R* on the air vehicles.

The nevada is the Air Juank plane , ok it looks like an old DC3 but it
can fly slowly and very stable (take your hands off the controls and it
will still fly straight).
you can land it in very small areas and make sharp climbs unlike some
of the smaller planes without the engine spluttering.
unfortunatly according to the 'don peyote' mission it cannot hold more
than one person! (similar to most of the other air craft)
> > Unfortunatly I havent finished the game so I may change my mind.
> > the swat truck and the Andromada look quite cool , how do you aquire
> > them?
>
> The SWAT tank can be nicked from the last mission ('End Of The Line').
> Drive through the wall, and instead of going inside the building just
> drive back to Grove Street and park it in your garage. It looks cool,
> but I seem to remember that it isn't bullet-proof (Like you'd think a
> tank would be).

sounds like a good idea, I wouldnt mind a few of those!
> What's an Andromeda?

its the massive military cargo plane (looks like a galaxy).
I guess its too much to hope that you can transport cars in it.

> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 1:09:39 AM

akcarlos wrote:

> Lawrence wrote:
> > what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
> >
> > mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.
>
> I like the monster truck (driving over people is fun)
> The roadtrain is cool if you dont want anybody to get in your way.
>
> I have just discovered the hydra which seems quite cool except that it
> only flys like a helicoptor.
> unless there is some way to fly the hydra like a plane I prefer the
> leviathon or the nevada since they are both resonably stable , fast and
> easy to land.
>
> Unfortunatly I havent finished the game so I may change my mind.
> the swat truck and the Andromada look quite cool , how do you aquire
> them?

if you want a black swat thing try driving very close to the secret
base on the third island... you'll be surrounded by them before you
can blink :o )

If the andromada is the big airliner there is one spawns in a hanger
in Las venturas airport. when you go through the gates drive down to
the bottom left and stand in front of the doors. It takes a while. If
the hangar is empty drive away and come back.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
July 11, 2005 1:58:49 AM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:40:21 -0700, akcarlos wrote:

> Lawrence wrote:
>> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
>>
>> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.
>
> I like the monster truck (driving over people is fun) The roadtrain is
> cool if you dont want anybody to get in your way.
>
> I have just discovered the hydra which seems quite cool except that it
> only flys like a helicoptor.

no it doesn't... :-)
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:56:22 AM

bryan wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:40:21 -0700, akcarlos wrote:
>

> > Lawrence wrote:
> >> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?
> >>
> >> mine's the motorcycle FCR-900...drives great, sounds great, looks good.
> >
> > I like the monster truck (driving over people is fun) The roadtrain is
> > cool if you dont want anybody to get in your way.
> >
> > I have just discovered the hydra which seems quite cool except that it
> > only flys like a helicoptor.
>
> no it doesn't... :-)

Ah, i just realised what he meant. When I first flew it I did the same
thing.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 3:25:03 AM

In message <42D14732.A17D70AB@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> yup, and then it looks even better! Still rides like a frisky nympho
> having an epileptic fit though :o ))

That's the best description of a car I've ever heard!

Btw, forgot to mention this earlier, but some of the mods you can get
done at Wheel Arch Angels in SF look the business too.

Try doing up a Jester, I got mine looking like one of the old
green and gold Renault Megane touring cars.

Cheers,
Rob
July 11, 2005 3:32:28 AM

In message <1121028021.555308.291350@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>
"akcarlos" <akcarlos@gmail.com> wrote:

> I like the monster truck (driving over people is fun)
> The roadtrain is cool if you dont want anybody to get in your way.

Agreed, the Monster truck is one vehicle you can have a lot of fun in.
It's great if you can master the R1 four wheel drive steering too.

> I have just discovered the hydra which seems quite cool except that it
> only flys like a helicoptor.

You can adjust the jets, on the PS2 you can move them by moving the
right directional stick up or down. It gets up to a really good turn of
speed, and appears to be the most manoeverable plane going.

> unless there is some way to fly the hydra like a plane I prefer the
> leviathon or the nevada since they are both resonably stable , fast and
> easy to land.

Is the Nevada the two-prop plane with the fixed undercarriage? The
first time I played through SA I was very impressed with the increased
ceiling height and the controls of the planes and choppers. The Juank
Air plane has really slow clunky controls, whilst the smaller planes
behave as you'd expect. Hats off to R* on the air vehicles.

> Unfortunatly I havent finished the game so I may change my mind.
> the swat truck and the Andromada look quite cool , how do you aquire
> them?

The SWAT tank can be nicked from the last mission ('End Of The Line').
Drive through the wall, and instead of going inside the building just
drive back to Grove Street and park it in your garage. It looks cool,
but I seem to remember that it isn't bullet-proof (Like you'd think a
tank would be).

What's an Andromeda?

Cheers,
Rob
July 11, 2005 3:33:10 AM

In message <42D18E5B.24711B8@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> If the andromada is the big airliner there is one spawns in a hanger
> in Las venturas airport.

That's the AT-400.

Cheers,
Rob
July 11, 2005 3:34:21 AM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42D14732.A17D70AB@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > yup, and then it looks even better! Still rides like a frisky nympho
> > having an epileptic fit though :o ))
>
> That's the best description of a car I've ever heard!

they're using it in the new BMW add :o )

> Btw, forgot to mention this earlier, but some of the mods you can get
> done at Wheel Arch Angels in SF look the business too.
>
> Try doing up a Jester, I got mine looking like one of the old
> green and gold Renault Megane touring cars.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
yeah, and one of the cars can be made to look very like a subaru
imprezza :o )

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 3:34:46 AM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42D18E5B.24711B8@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > If the andromada is the big airliner there is one spawns in a hanger
> > in Las venturas airport.
>
> That's the AT-400.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

ah, all I know is it's big :o ))

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 10:23:45 AM

Dave Stone wrote:

> Is there a Skyline GT-R equivalent in SA?

Skyline GTS only - being rear-wheel drive...

My faves are any of the fast bikes, the Huntley (modded of course), the
Elegy (Skyline GTS), and of course the Shamal.

Anyone else notice the dearth of helicopter spawn points in SA when
compared to VC?

Shame, but the the Maverick isn't nearly as much fun to fly in SA as it
was in VC - same for the Hunter - dunno why, but I prefer the Shamal.

For the record, I don't much rate the Hydra either - too tricky to
hover at low altitude. The Hunter's so much better for hover & kill
over freeways.

I downright don't like the jet pack - completely unrealistic.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:06:49 PM

NRG-500 definitely. It's the fastest, what more could you want.
Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:08:22 PM

Never seen one, are you sure it's real and not a Bigfoot?

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:31:06 AM

Bonjour y'all. Lawrence <lawrence_lugar@cox.net> schrieb:

> what's your favorite vehicle you like to drive in GTA SA?

I love the camper. It's great R* put it in the game, cause i owned a '66
Single-Cab Volkswagen once. It is sad that you can't mod it. At least,
it has cool rimps in the 'Porsche Fuchs'- or or some kind of EMPI-Style.
The peace sign on the front is great, too.

But i am missing some nice '67 Cal-Look Beetle around the beach in Los
Santos. Where the hell they are? A lot of chicanos with lowriders, but
no old-fashioned beetle with a nice, powerful 200HP-Engine?
That destroys my conception of the world, and particularly of Los Angeles
in the nineties.

Back to the camper: It is a very slow car. But a very cool one.
And i love the dialogue with The Truth about the engine of the car, when
you take the ride to San Fierro.

--
Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander. With blackjack and hookers.
Actually, forget the space lander. And the blackjack. Ah, forget the whole thing!

Rob White wrote:
> In message <42D1B045.303FB6DB@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> The one vehicle I wish you could get in SA is the Dodge Viper, man I'm
> in love with that car!

Ya can - there's one that spawns 'round the corner of the gym in SA.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 4:07:54 PM

In message <42D1B045.303FB6DB@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> yeah, and one of the cars can be made to look very like a subaru
> imprezza :o )

Which car is that? The Imprezza has remained one of my favourite cars
since I first played Colin McRae Rally on the PS1.

The one vehicle I wish you could get in SA is the Dodge Viper, man I'm
in love with that car!

I'd also like to see sidecars on the motorcycles and scooters too,
maybe it's my inner-mod talking :o )

Cheers,
Rob
July 12, 2005 4:20:25 PM

In message <42D1B05D.C0B8786@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> ah, all I know is it's big :o ))

It's funny though, the images at GTA Warehouse were originally taken on
the PS version, so where did that picture of the Andromeda come from?

It looks like one of the main city airport runways, but you only see
the Andromeda at the Verdant Meadows airstrip. Very odd.

And is that Fire Truck with the ladder available anywhere else other
than the End Of The Line mission? I don't recall seeing them around.

Cheers,
Rob
July 12, 2005 4:22:05 PM

In message <1121088225.765870.101900@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>
"Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> the Huntley (modded of course),

I got mine looking like the new style Range Rover they used in Layer
Cake, minus the iron of course :o )

Cheers,
Rob
July 12, 2005 4:24:03 PM

In message <1121088225.765870.101900@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>
"Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I downright don't like the jet pack - completely unrealistic.

Compared to real life ?!?!

Cheers
Rob
July 12, 2005 4:25:30 PM

In message <q0uaq2-ea4.ln1@fontane.papierfabrik.org>
Micha Getschmann <nospam@hellz.de> wrote:

> I love the camper. It's great R* put it in the game, cause i owned a '66
> Single-Cab Volkswagen once. It is sad that you can't mod it. At least,
> it has cool rimps in the 'Porsche Fuchs'- or or some kind of EMPI-Style.
> The peace sign on the front is great, too.

There's a few opportunities in the story missions where you can nick
the Truth's Mothership with the really far out paint job.

Cheers,
Rob
July 12, 2005 7:21:58 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42D1B05D.C0B8786@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > ah, all I know is it's big :o ))
>
> It's funny though, the images at GTA Warehouse were originally taken on
> the PS version, so where did that picture of the Andromeda come from?
>
> It looks like one of the main city airport runways, but you only see
> the Andromeda at the Verdant Meadows airstrip. Very odd.
>
> And is that Fire Truck with the ladder available anywhere else other
> than the End Of The Line mission? I don't recall seeing them around.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

I don't think so Rob
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:34:37 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42D1B045.303FB6DB@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > yeah, and one of the cars can be made to look very like a subaru
> > imprezza :o )
>
> Which car is that? The Imprezza has remained one of my favourite cars
> since I first played Colin McRae Rally on the PS1.

on this page click sultan...http://www.gtawh.com/sa/vehicles.php

you get it on the mission where you and your esse boost the cars out
of the showroom and it's available at wang motors from then on but can
be found in game before that. It's usually around when Elegy/skylines
are around. It may not be an Imprezza though, could be the one they
rallied just before it... er... the Legacy... yeah, found a pic which
i think points that way at
http://www.midnightcafe.com/rally/subaruturbo.jpg if you compare it to
the pic of the sultan.

Take it to that wheel arch angels and look at under the different
colours and one has that yellow crescent setup

> The one vehicle I wish you could get in SA is the Dodge Viper, man I'm
> in love with that car!

same page, click Banshee

> I'd also like to see sidecars on the motorcycles and scooters too,
> maybe it's my inner-mod talking :o )

:o )
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:36:26 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <q0uaq2-ea4.ln1@fontane.papierfabrik.org>
> Micha Getschmann <nospam@hellz.de> wrote:
>
> > I love the camper. It's great R* put it in the game, cause i owned a '66
> > Single-Cab Volkswagen once. It is sad that you can't mod it. At least,
> > it has cool rimps in the 'Porsche Fuchs'- or or some kind of EMPI-Style.
> > The peace sign on the front is great, too.
>
> There's a few opportunities in the story missions where you can nick
> the Truth's Mothership with the really far out paint job.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

is there? Or, more importanly, can you nick it and keep it? Does it
keep the paint job when you respray?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 8:12:42 PM

In message <1121174452.328265.197830@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
"Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Ya can - there's one that spawns 'round the corner of the gym in SA.

What's it called? I've had a flick through the vehicles list in the
official guide but can't see any car that looks like a DV.

Do you mean the Banshee that's in the alleyway next to the San Fierro
gym? The modelling of this particular type of Banshee seems to be based
on an AC Cobra or something IMHO.

Cheers,
Rob
July 12, 2005 11:57:05 PM

Bonjour y'all. Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> In message <q0uaq2-ea4.ln1@fontane.papierfabrik.org>
> Micha Getschmann <nospam@hellz.de> wrote:

>> I love the camper. It's great R* put it in the game, cause i owned a '66
>> Single-Cab Volkswagen once. It is sad that you can't mod it. At least,
>> it has cool rimps in the 'Porsche Fuchs'- or or some kind of EMPI-Style.
>> The peace sign on the front is great, too.

> There's a few opportunities in the story missions where you can nick
> the Truth's Mothership with the really far out paint job.

Been there. Done that. Did not save. Parked it on the ground of the ocean.

--
The next time you see me, don't be surprised if I've eaten.
Anonymous

In message <42D3DFDF.2E4271D1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't think so Rob

It's ok, I found out that if you fail the mission the Fire Truck with
the ladder is yours for the taking anyway (The characters disappear).

It DOES look nice together with my SWAT tank and Mothership actually :o D

Cheers,
Rob
July 13, 2005 12:46:58 AM

In message <42D3E342.611EF232@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> is there? Or, more importanly, can you nick it and keep it? Does it
> keep the paint job when you respray?

I should have mentioned that it involves FAILING a few of the missions
so you can obtain it, and no, it doesn't keep the nice paintjob after a
respray. The first chance you get is 'Are You Going To San Fierro?'
(That's the one where you burn the crops right? In the Badlands?).

I know they're not going to turn the GTA series into Need For Speed
Underground but I would have liked a bit of variation on the modding.
And you call those side skirts??

Cheers,
Rob
July 13, 2005 12:49:13 AM

In message <hscdq2-vv3.ln1@fontane.papierfabrik.org>
Micha Getschmann <nospam@hellz.de> wrote:

> Been there. Done that. Did not save. Parked it on the ground of the ocean.

Funnily enough, that's where my first Rhino ended up!

Anybody know if the tanks stay in the games memory a' la GTAIII?

It's funny, the Rhino's turret still works even when submerged, plus
you can sometimes use the gun as a self-righting mechanism.

Cheers,
Rob
July 13, 2005 12:53:34 AM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42D3DFDF.2E4271D1@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I don't think so Rob
>
> It's ok, I found out that if you fail the mission the Fire Truck with
> the ladder is yours for the taking anyway (The characters disappear).
>
> It DOES look nice together with my SWAT tank and Mothership actually :o D
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

:o )
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:54:33 AM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42D3E342.611EF232@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > is there? Or, more importanly, can you nick it and keep it? Does it
> > keep the paint job when you respray?
>
> I should have mentioned that it involves FAILING a few of the missions
> so you can obtain it, and no, it doesn't keep the nice paintjob after a
> respray. The first chance you get is 'Are You Going To San Fierro?'
> (That's the one where you burn the crops right? In the Badlands?).
>
> I know they're not going to turn the GTA series into Need For Speed
> Underground but I would have liked a bit of variation on the modding.
> And you call those side skirts??
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

I agree, if they're gonna have mods they should have MODS! The slamvan
and one or two others come up very nice though
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 1:52:49 AM

The Ferrari is FAST! So is the Mazda. I like to zoom around on the main
highway look that circles Las Venturas. I ride on the right shoulder to
avoid other traffic. Zoom zoom zoom.
July 13, 2005 3:26:15 AM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:20:25 +0100, Rob White wrote:

> And is that Fire Truck with the ladder available anywhere else other than
> the End Of The Line mission? I don't recall seeing them around.

yup... check out the fire station just south of the xoomer garage you win
from catalina and claude.

to begin with, i didn't notice it had no hose and wondered why i couldn't
put out fires in the firefighter mission :-)
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 3:54:37 AM

Rob White wrote:
> In message <1121174452.328265.197830@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > Ya can - there's one that spawns 'round the corner of the gym in SA.
>
> What's it called? I've had a flick through the vehicles list in the
> official guide but can't see any car that looks like a DV.
>
> Do you mean the Banshee that's in the alleyway next to the San Fierro
> gym? The modelling of this particular type of Banshee seems to be based
> on an AC Cobra or something IMHO.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob

Don't remember what it's called.
You might have a point - could be a cross between a viper and an AC.
In my book, that's actually a good thing! Cool car + it's quite nippy.

It's actually very handy for when you come out of the gym and discover
that whatever you arrived in has disappeared/been jacked/blew up while
you were exercising.
=)
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:02:00 AM

Yes, I've seen one at the fire station next to the SF railway station.
Sometimes you get the squirty one, sometimes the ladder.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:47:37 AM

Class 1 wrote:

> Rob White wrote:
> > In message <1121174452.328265.197830@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> > "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >
> > > Ya can - there's one that spawns 'round the corner of the gym in SA.
> >
> > What's it called? I've had a flick through the vehicles list in the
> > official guide but can't see any car that looks like a DV.
> >
> > Do you mean the Banshee that's in the alleyway next to the San Fierro
> > gym? The modelling of this particular type of Banshee seems to be based
> > on an AC Cobra or something IMHO.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Rob
>
> Don't remember what it's called.
> You might have a point - could be a cross between a viper and an AC.
> In my book, that's actually a good thing! Cool car + it's quite nippy.
>
> It's actually very handy for when you come out of the gym and discover
> that whatever you arrived in has disappeared/been jacked/blew up while
> you were exercising.
> =)

No way is it a cobra, there's no cobra in this game. The cobra has
round headlights and a big mouth

http://www.auto-zimmerli.ch/foto%20album/AC_Cobra_427bi...

It's a viper, just a badly drawn one :o )

http://www.nelsonroadkings.com/images/96%20VIPER%20RT10...
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:49:42 AM

Margrave of Brandenburg wrote:

> The Ferrari is FAST! So is the Mazda. I like to zoom around on the main
> highway look that circles Las Venturas. I ride on the right shoulder to
> avoid other traffic. Zoom zoom zoom.

There's more than one ferrari I would say. both the Cheetah and the
Turismo have the honour. I prefer the cheetah cos the Tusimo looks
like it's made out of margarine tubs :o )

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:40:41 PM

In message <42D4C6D7.67DB1F3A@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> It's a viper, just a badly drawn one :o )

Guess what? I was thinking of the GTS model. I had no idea they made
one with no roof! Looking at the picture you posted the link for, it
even has the same colour scheme as one you can find in SA.

I was talking to a mate about the vehicles in SA and, as she's a
massive fan of surf music, she was disappointed that a Hot Rod style
vehicle wasn't in the game.

I have her extreme gratitude for getting all gold in the driving school
for her now :o D

Cheers,
Rob
July 13, 2005 6:03:37 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42D4C6D7.67DB1F3A@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > It's a viper, just a badly drawn one :o )
>
> Guess what? I was thinking of the GTS model. I had no idea they made
> one with no roof! Looking at the picture you posted the link for, it
> even has the same colour scheme as one you can find in SA.
>
> I was talking to a mate about the vehicles in SA and, as she's a
> massive fan of surf music, she was disappointed that a Hot Rod style
> vehicle wasn't in the game.
>
> I have her extreme gratitude for getting all gold in the driving school
> for her now :o D
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

:o ) I wasn't too impressed with the rod when I got it with a cheat.
--
!