Compatibility problem

Hello,
I've got an asus a7v333 MB with AGP PRO (guess it's AGP 2.0 compatible
1.5v).
I'd like to upgrade my Geforce 4 MX 440 with a GeForce5700 or something like
that.

Does anybody know which GeForce FX cards are compatible with my MB? I know
that most of the ATI 9xxx family needs AGP 3.0 but I couldn't find anything
for Nvidia.

TIA

A.
1 answer Last reply
More about compatibility problem

    ap wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I've got an asus a7v333 MB with AGP PRO (guess it's AGP 2.0 compatible
    > 1.5v).
    > I'd like to upgrade my Geforce 4 MX 440 with a GeForce5700 or something like
    > that.
    >
    > Does anybody know which GeForce FX cards are compatible with my MB? I know
    > that most of the ATI 9xxx family needs AGP 3.0 but I couldn't find anything
    > for Nvidia.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > A.

    If it's like other KT333 boards, it should run almost anything outside a
    GF6 very nicely. Both GFX and any ATI R3xx based card will run in it,
    I know that for certain. I'm not sure about the GF6 or R4xx series due
    to the voltage requirements (maybe just a bigger PSU), but otherwise you
    should be fine.

    AGP Pro itself isn't used anymore much. Almost all cards go 1.5v at the
    slot and ask for a rail from the PSU for anything else (i.e. molex
    connector).

Nvidia Compatibility Geforce Graphics