Rec for a firewall that's light on resource-usage

Sometimes Sygate lags my system and internet connection.

Can anyone recommend a firewall that's a little "lighter"? Thanks.

Gazorp wrote:
> Sometimes Sygate lags my system and internet connection.
>
> Can anyone recommend a firewall that's a little "lighter"? Thanks.

Forgot to mention I have XP Home SP2 (I'd use the Windows firewall, but it
doesn't have outbound protection.)

Gazorp <gazorp@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sometimes Sygate lags my system and internet connection.
> Can anyone recommend a firewall that's a little "lighter"? Thanks.

Just use the Windows-Firewall. Sygate has horribly security design
flaws anyway, like the fact, that the system services of Sygate
"Personal Firewall" are opening windows. And with Sygate a SelfDoS
is possible.

Yours,
VB.
deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

Gazorp <gazorp@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Gazorp wrote:
> > Sometimes Sygate lags my system and internet connection.
> > Can anyone recommend a firewall that's a little "lighter"? Thanks.
> Forgot to mention I have XP Home SP2 (I'd use the Windows firewall, but it
> doesn't have outbound protection.)

"Outbound protection" of "Personal Firewalls" does not work at all.
It can only control software, which allows to be controlled.

"Gazorp" <gazorp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Gazorp wrote:
>> Sometimes Sygate lags my system and internet connection.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a firewall that's a little "lighter"? Thanks.
>
> Forgot to mention I have XP Home SP2 (I'd use the Windows firewall, but it
> doesn't have outbound protection.)

Use windows firewall with a good trojan stopper. I use BOclean 412. It even
stops Leaktest