Geoforce 2 upgrade to play Counter-Strike-Source

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

My system is a Pentium 4, 2 gig, 768 RD memory running the stock Geoforce 2
MX 400 64MB card that it came with on XP home. I want a card to get the most
out of CS-Source when it comes out. I also would like to stay at or below
the 200.00 range. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about geoforce upgrade play counter strike source

    John Smith wrote:

    > My system is a Pentium 4, 2 gig, 768 RD memory running the stock Geoforce 2
    > MX 400 64MB card that it came with on XP home. I want a card to get the most
    > out of CS-Source when it comes out. I also would like to stay at or below
    > the 200.00 range. Any ideas?

    Right now your only good choices are a NVidia FX5900XT (make absolutely
    certain you get a 128-bit bus!), a used 5950U from eBay, or a new ATI
    9800Pro.

    If you like NVidia and want to stick with it, the 5700 Ultras with the
    GDDR3 256MB RAM are great (very good core revision), and any 5900U or
    above is more than adequate. The only problems you'll run into are
    getting a good 59xx series under 200, they're usually right up around
    that mark.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    In article <1089419678.280433@cswreg.cos.agilent.com>, John Smith
    says...
    > My system is a Pentium 4, 2 gig, 768 RD memory running the stock Geoforce 2
    > MX 400 64MB card that it came with on XP home. I want a card to get the most
    > out of CS-Source when it comes out. I also would like to stay at or below
    > the 200.00 range. Any ideas?

    128MB Radeon 9800 Pro.

    --
    Conor