Geoforce 2 upgrade to play Counter-Strike-Source

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 9, 2004 9:34:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

My system is a Pentium 4, 2 gig, 768 RD memory running the stock Geoforce 2
MX 400 64MB card that it came with on XP home. I want a card to get the most
out of CS-Source when it comes out. I also would like to stay at or below
the 200.00 range. Any ideas?
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:55:39 AM

John Smith wrote:

> My system is a Pentium 4, 2 gig, 768 RD memory running the stock Geoforce 2
> MX 400 64MB card that it came with on XP home. I want a card to get the most
> out of CS-Source when it comes out. I also would like to stay at or below
> the 200.00 range. Any ideas?

Right now your only good choices are a NVidia FX5900XT (make absolutely
certain you get a 128-bit bus!), a used 5950U from eBay, or a new ATI
9800Pro.

If you like NVidia and want to stick with it, the 5700 Ultras with the
GDDR3 256MB RAM are great (very good core revision), and any 5900U or
above is more than adequate. The only problems you'll run into are
getting a good 59xx series under 200, they're usually right up around
that mark.
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 5:04:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

In article <1089419678.280433@cswreg.cos.agilent.com>, John Smith
says...
> My system is a Pentium 4, 2 gig, 768 RD memory running the stock Geoforce 2
> MX 400 64MB card that it came with on XP home. I want a card to get the most
> out of CS-Source when it comes out. I also would like to stay at or below
> the 200.00 range. Any ideas?

128MB Radeon 9800 Pro.

--
Conor