"Best" video-capture software ?

Hi!
Within few days I should, for the first time, try out my VIVO connection on
my MSI GF5900SPVTD.
I'm wondering which is the best software for capturing/encoding/editing
video sourced from VHS.
My intention is to transfer the finishing product to DVD-R.

Thanks in advance!

MheAd wrote:
> Hi!
> Within few days I should, for the first time, try out my VIVO connection on
> my MSI GF5900SPVTD.
> I'm wondering which is the best software for capturing/encoding/editing
> video sourced from VHS.
> My intention is to transfer the finishing product to DVD-R.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Keep in mind that the absolute best way to capture any source is with an
external firewire DV/AV box that converts the signal and syncronizes it
automatically. Then using any DV capture software for saving the DV stream.

So long as you've got your WDM drivers properly installed and the
capture device shows up, any WDM cap program will do about the same. I
use VirtualVCR and have no real problems with it. If you find anything
that can use optional Dscaler filters or plugins, try that too. If it
deinterlaces and does prefiltering on the fly, you can get a much better
quality cap.