Photo Ops?

How do you know when you have taken the right photo?

"alksjdf@aslkdjf.com" wrote:

> How do you know when you have taken the right photo?

when you look through the camera you will see a small icon, on the ps2
it's a revolving purplish disc with a camera pictured on it. That's
the target. You can shoot them from a fair distance as long as you are
dead on target so it takes some getting used to but when you have
taken a picture correctly it will tell you as it does with the tags
etc. Sometimes when you're walking round on a night and haven't taken
the pic yet you will see a kind of glow emitting from the spot you
need to photograph, but you'll only see the icon through the camera.

The worst ones are the ones which are high up as you have to stand in
weird places to get the shot.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

On the PC it's just a white disc. Sometimes it will credit the shot
without being able to actually see the disc.

I did all the SF 'photo ops for the first time at the week-end, got
them all while still stuck in SF although I did think a couple of them
would not be possible with the bridges closed. I had to do three
parachute jumps, it would have been two only I dropped on the wrong
ship.

Phil Hibbs.

PhilHibbs wrote:

> On the PC it's just a white disc. Sometimes it will credit the shot
> without being able to actually see the disc.
>
> I did all the SF 'photo ops for the first time at the week-end, got
> them all while still stuck in SF although I did think a couple of them
> would not be possible with the bridges closed. I had to do three
> parachute jumps, it would have been two only I dropped on the wrong
> ship.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

On the ps2 you can just walk round the first barriers on the bridges
and can easily get in a position to take the pictures. The bridge with
two discs on you can either get both from the first position (If it's
a clear day), or you can get the second from the land, by standing
behind a building which is situated almost alongside the bridge. The
boat one can be taken from the bridge above it. You probably won't
actually see the disc but as long as you know where it is and use zoom
it will allow the shot. This is handy for the naval ship too, which
can be photographed from the airport runway.
when you first start doing it there are quite a few problems but as
you get used to it you find easier ways to get all shots in a
short(ish) time.

I haven't found an easy way to get the horseshoes, even with the
jetpack it's a pain in the arse. Not hard, but some are just plain
awkward and using a helicopter would be quite difficult.
--

Bonjour y'all. PhilHibbs <snarks@gmail.com> schrieb:

> On the PC it's just a white disc. Sometimes it will credit the shot
> without being able to actually see the disc.

Yep. Same on the PS2.
When i was on my first game-run and didn't know about the Photo Ops,
the bridges to SF opened, and i found a camera there. I looked through
it, and saw this lady. "Hum, nice butt..." i thought, zoomed in, zoomed
more in, and took a photo. The game said: "1 of 50 Pictures taken" or
something like this.

I ran an hour or so through SF, taking pictures of peoples behinds,
faces, bodys... but it didn't count for the photo ops.

It took a few days until a friend told me about the icons, and that
you can see them only through the camera. The advice in the game
(after the photo mission in Angel Pine with Cesar) didn't tell about
that.

--
Aw, he looks like a little insane drunken angel.

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:55:12 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> I haven't found an easy way to get the horseshoes, even with the jetpack
> it's a pain in the arse. Not hard, but some are just plain awkward and
> using a helicopter would be quite difficult.

i used the sea sparrow to get all horseshoes... you'd be amazed at what
angles you can park it! :)

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:39:51 -0700, PhilHibbs wrote:

> On the PC it's just a white disc.

are you on about the photo opportunity icons? if so, i see them as pink
with a camera on them.

bryan wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:55:12 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > I haven't found an easy way to get the horseshoes, even with the jetpack
> > it's a pain in the arse. Not hard, but some are just plain awkward and
> > using a helicopter would be quite difficult.
>
> i used the sea sparrow to get all horseshoes... you'd be amazed at what
> angles you can park it! :)

No I wouldn't, I park EVERYTHING at lousy angles :O))

--

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:53:57 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:55:12 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>>
>> > I haven't found an easy way to get the horseshoes, even with the
>> > jetpack it's a pain in the arse. Not hard, but some are just plain
>> > awkward and using a helicopter would be quite difficult.
>>
>> i used the sea sparrow to get all horseshoes... you'd be amazed at what
>> angles you can park it! :)
>
> No I wouldn't, I park EVERYTHING at lousy angles :O))

heh :)

In message <1121078391.235979.234230@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did all the SF 'photo ops for the first time at the week-end, got
> them all while still stuck in SF although I did think a couple of them
> would not be possible with the bridges closed. I had to do three
> parachute jumps, it would have been two only I dropped on the wrong
> ship.

It's interesting to note that the game only registers that you're in
airspace you shouldn't be when you're at quite a low height.

It's dead easy to fly over Area 69 and the Easter Basin Naval Base and
not get shot down. Personally, I just love flying low and taunting the
army as the SAM's are quite easy to avoid once you know how.

Cheers,
Rob

In message <42D24FD8.99C29211@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I haven't found an easy way to get the horseshoes, even with the
> jetpack it's a pain in the arse. Not hard, but some are just plain
> awkward and using a helicopter would be quite difficult.

I found it MUCH easier to use the jetpack. Quite a few of the darn
things are in nooks and crannies where landing a helicopter, even a
small one like either of the Sparrows, is unnecessarily difficult.

The one that's between the billboards on the eastern part of the Julius
Throughway had me stuck for a while, I left it until last because going
all the way back to the airstrip was too time consuming.

Cheers,
Rob

In message <8kjaq2-dt3.ln1@fontane.papierfabrik.org>
Micha Getschmann <nospam@hellz.de> wrote:

> I ran an hour or so through SF, taking pictures of peoples behinds,
> faces, bodys... but it didn't count for the photo ops.

ROTFL!

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42D24FD8.99C29211@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I haven't found an easy way to get the horseshoes, even with the
> > jetpack it's a pain in the arse. Not hard, but some are just plain
> > awkward and using a helicopter would be quite difficult.
>
> I found it MUCH easier to use the jetpack. Quite a few of the darn
> things are in nooks and crannies where landing a helicopter, even a
> small one like either of the Sparrows, is unnecessarily difficult.
>
> The one that's between the billboards on the eastern part of the Julius
> Throughway had me stuck for a while, I left it until last because going
> all the way back to the airstrip was too time consuming.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

I think I fell on that one :O)