NVidia GeForce FX Ultra 5700

Ok, I guess this is a dumb question but.... I recently got a PowerSpec 9360,
and it has an NVidia GeForce FX Ultra 5700 card, and a DVD burner.

Somehow, I got the impression that it had video input, the hope was that I
could run some old videotapes I had into it from my VCR and convert them to
CD.

But, now, several months later, when I finally get around to trying this
out, and hunker down behind the PC to see what's what...

The card itself just seems to have 3 plugs:

Your regular monitor plug-in.

an SVideo port (But I think that's video OUT).

and then this other plug which I'm not really familiar with, but I guess is
a DVI monitor port.

so, am I out of luck, do I need to go get ye olde video input card, or is
there a way that I can do this with what I'e got?
2 answers Last reply
More about nvidia geforce ultra 5700

    "Algomeysa2" <Algomeysa2NOSPAM@mindspring.comNOPESPAM> wrote in message
    > Ok, I guess this is a dumb question but.... I recently got a PowerSpec
    9360,
    > and it has an NVidia GeForce FX Ultra 5700 card, and a DVD burner.
    >
    > Somehow, I got the impression that it had video input, the hope was that I
    > could run some old videotapes I had into it from my VCR and convert them
    > CD.
    >
    > But, now, several months later, when I finally get around to trying this
    > out, and hunker down behind the PC to see what's what...
    >
    > The card itself just seems to have 3 plugs:
    >
    > Your regular monitor plug-in.
    >
    > an SVideo port (But I think that's video OUT).
    >
    > and then this other plug which I'm not really familiar with, but I guess
    is
    > a DVI monitor port.
    >
    > so, am I out of luck, do I need to go get ye olde video input card, or is
    > there a way that I can do this with what I'e got?

    From you discription of card, you do not seem to have input or capturing
    abilities of that board.
    1 - DVI
    1 - S-Video [4pins]
    1 - RGB

    If you want capturing abilities, you may opt for a WinTV or similar that
    have input or video capturing.

    CapFusion,...

    "Algomeysa2" <Algomeysa2NOSPAM@mindspring.comNOPESPAM> wrote in message
    > Ok, I guess this is a dumb question but.... I recently got a PowerSpec
    > 9360,
    > and it has an NVidia GeForce FX Ultra 5700 card, and a DVD burner.
    >
    > Somehow, I got the impression that it had video input, the hope was that I
    > could run some old videotapes I had into it from my VCR and convert them
    > CD.
    >
    > But, now, several months later, when I finally get around to trying this
    > out, and hunker down behind the PC to see what's what...
    >
    > The card itself just seems to have 3 plugs:
    >
    > Your regular monitor plug-in.
    >
    > an SVideo port (But I think that's video OUT).
    >
    > and then this other plug which I'm not really familiar with, but I guess
    > is
    > a DVI monitor port.
    >
    > so, am I out of luck, do I need to go get ye olde video input card, or is
    > there a way that I can do this with what I'e got?

    Unless the manual specifically states it has VIVO (video in and video out)
    capabilities and some capture drivers (and usually software) came with the
    card, then it doesn't. Just to check, look in the Device Manager under
    Sound, Video and Game Controllers. If you see the lines:

    nVidia WDM Video Capture
    nVidia WDM W/V Crossbar

    then it does. If not, it doesn't. If you're happy with the card and still
    have PCI slots available, then you can purchase a separate analog capture
    card. If you have no PCI slots, but USB ports, then there are USB capture
    devices available.

    My FX 5700 (but non Ultra) came with an 'cable/adapter' that connects to the
    S-Video port on the card, which has composite and S-Video inputs/outputs at
    the other end. It also came with PowerDirector Pro for capturing analog
    video.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com