Latest Forceware drivers

Sorry to post this as a separate topic but i forgot to ask in my previous
post.

I hear that forceware version 6x.xx is out as a leaked beta etc. But when
will this be released officialy as a signed WHQL version? Its been over
three months since nVIDIA released the last drivers (56.72 on April 1st) so
its about time eh?

Thanks

Matt
--
Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4
MSN: GLYTCH_2K4(at)msn.com

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:22:26 +0100, "GLYTCH \(A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak\)"
    <GLYTCH_2k4@msn.com> wrote:

    >Sorry to post this as a separate topic but i forgot to ask in my previous
    >post.
    >
    >I hear that forceware version 6x.xx is out as a leaked beta etc. But when
    >will this be released officialy as a signed WHQL version? Its been over
    >three months since nVIDIA released the last drivers (56.72 on April 1st) so
    >its about time eh?

    Why ? 56.72 seems to work fine. Just because Ati roll untested
    drivers every three weeks............ ?? For example, see the Thief3
    threads on the Ati newsgroup.

    I suspect nVidia are very busy developing the 6800 driver, which is
    still effectively beta and not rolled into the general Detonator
    distribution. The next OFFICIAL release of the Detonator series
    will probably come when nVidia is sufficently comfortable with
    integrating the 6800 features, with confidence that it won't
    break anything previously working.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis wrote:
    > Why ? 56.72 seems to work fine. Just because Ati roll untested
    > drivers every three weeks............ ?? For example, see the Thief3
    > threads on the Ati newsgroup.
    >
    > I suspect nVidia are very busy developing the 6800 driver, which is
    > still effectively beta and not rolled into the general Detonator
    > distribution. The next OFFICIAL release of the Detonator series
    > will probably come when nVidia is sufficently comfortable with
    > integrating the 6800 features, with confidence that it won't
    > break anything previously working.
    >

    > John Lewis

    Yes but surely there will be a performance increase accross the entire
    range. On other significant version releases they have claimed like 30%
    performance increase accross the entire range of cards and added support for
    new cards etc.

    It doesnt really matter that much, was just wondering when we can expect it.

    Matt
    --
    Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4
    MSN: GLYTCH_2K4(at)msn.com