Latest Forceware drivers

Sorry to post this as a separate topic but i forgot to ask in my previous
post.

I hear that forceware version 6x.xx is out as a leaked beta etc. But when
will this be released officialy as a signed WHQL version? Its been over
three months since nVIDIA released the last drivers (56.72 on April 1st) so
its about time eh?

Thanks

Matt
--
Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4
MSN: GLYTCH_2K4(at)msn.com

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:22:26 +0100, "GLYTCH \(A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak\)"
<GLYTCH_2k4@msn.com> wrote:

>Sorry to post this as a separate topic but i forgot to ask in my previous
>post.
>
>I hear that forceware version 6x.xx is out as a leaked beta etc. But when
>will this be released officialy as a signed WHQL version? Its been over
>three months since nVIDIA released the last drivers (56.72 on April 1st) so
>its about time eh?

Why ? 56.72 seems to work fine. Just because Ati roll untested
drivers every three weeks............ ?? For example, see the Thief3
threads on the Ati newsgroup.

I suspect nVidia are very busy developing the 6800 driver, which is
still effectively beta and not rolled into the general Detonator
distribution. The next OFFICIAL release of the Detonator series
will probably come when nVidia is sufficently comfortable with
integrating the 6800 features, with confidence that it won't
break anything previously working.

John Lewis

John Lewis wrote:
> Why ? 56.72 seems to work fine. Just because Ati roll untested
> drivers every three weeks............ ?? For example, see the Thief3
> threads on the Ati newsgroup.
>
> I suspect nVidia are very busy developing the 6800 driver, which is
> still effectively beta and not rolled into the general Detonator
> distribution. The next OFFICIAL release of the Detonator series
> will probably come when nVidia is sufficently comfortable with
> integrating the 6800 features, with confidence that it won't
> break anything previously working.
>

> John Lewis

Yes but surely there will be a performance increase accross the entire
range. On other significant version releases they have claimed like 30%
performance increase accross the entire range of cards and added support for
new cards etc.

It doesnt really matter that much, was just wondering when we can expect it.

Matt