need for speed Proche 2000 PINK tint

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I have 4 different graphics cards 3x NVIDIA and 1x radeon

1/ NVIDIA geforce2MX 200 32M AGP
2/ NVIDIA geforce FX5200 128M AGP
3/ NVIDIA Ti4200 128M AGP
4/ ATI Radeon 9200se 128M AGP

with all of these graphics cards I get a pink tint when playing NFS 5

I have contacted EA support but they were unable to help after quite a few
suggestions, I know it is not the graphics cards and I have tried all these
cards in another computer and get the same problem - the other computer has
an onboard SiS graphics and the game runs ok on that, but when I put any of
the above cards in I get that pink tint.

I have tried changing resolutions, and all sorts of settings in the game and
on the display config but still no better.

I have reinstalled XP and even installed a fresh copy of win 98 to see if it
is software related, still the same.

I have also tried older versions of the drivers

does anyone have any suggestions - im not a heavy gamer but I do like this
one and would love to get it running right.

lee

Sounds odd but I would be relating it to drivers from what you said just
keep trying different drivers.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:42:13 +0800, "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote:

>:>I have 4 different graphics cards 3x NVIDIA and 1x radeon
>:>
>:>1/ NVIDIA geforce2MX 200 32M AGP
>:>2/ NVIDIA geforce FX5200 128M AGP
>:>3/ NVIDIA Ti4200 128M AGP
>:>4/ ATI Radeon 9200se 128M AGP
>:>
>:>with all of these graphics cards I get a pink tint when playing NFS 5
>:>
>:>I have contacted EA support but they were unable to help after quite a few
>:>suggestions, I know it is not the graphics cards and I have tried all these
>:>cards in another computer and get the same problem - the other computer has
>:>an onboard SiS graphics and the game runs ok on that, but when I put any of
>:>the above cards in I get that pink tint.
>:>
>:>I have tried changing resolutions, and all sorts of settings in the game and
>:>on the display config but still no better.
>:>
>:>I have reinstalled XP and even installed a fresh copy of win 98 to see if it
>:>is software related, still the same.
>:>
>:>I have also tried older versions of the drivers
>:>
>:>does anyone have any suggestions - im not a heavy gamer but I do like this
>:>one and would love to get it running right.
>:>
>:>
>:>

-----
Lee.

Is it possible it is the monitor?

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:42:13 +0800, "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote:

>I have 4 different graphics cards 3x NVIDIA and 1x radeon
>
>1/ NVIDIA geforce2MX 200 32M AGP
>2/ NVIDIA geforce FX5200 128M AGP
>3/ NVIDIA Ti4200 128M AGP
>4/ ATI Radeon 9200se 128M AGP
>
>with all of these graphics cards I get a pink tint when playing NFS 5
>
>I have contacted EA support but they were unable to help after quite a few
>suggestions, I know it is not the graphics cards and I have tried all these
>cards in another computer and get the same problem - the other computer has
>an onboard SiS graphics and the game runs ok on that, but when I put any of
>the above cards in I get that pink tint.
>
>I have tried changing resolutions, and all sorts of settings in the game and
>on the display config but still no better.
>
>I have reinstalled XP and even installed a fresh copy of win 98 to see if it
>is software related, still the same.
>
>I have also tried older versions of the drivers
>
>does anyone have any suggestions - im not a heavy gamer but I do like this
>one and would love to get it running right.

You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
that will make things a lot smoother.
-Felatio Love

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

i have tried about 4 differnt drivers for the nvidia cards and 3 different
for the ATI card

"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Sounds odd but I would be relating it to drivers from what you said just
> keep trying different drivers.
>
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:42:13 +0800, "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote:
>
> >:>I have 4 different graphics cards 3x NVIDIA and 1x radeon
> >:>
> >:>1/ NVIDIA geforce2MX 200 32M AGP
> >:>2/ NVIDIA geforce FX5200 128M AGP
> >:>3/ NVIDIA Ti4200 128M AGP
> >:>4/ ATI Radeon 9200se 128M AGP
> >:>
> >:>with all of these graphics cards I get a pink tint when playing NFS 5
> >:>
> >:>I have contacted EA support but they were unable to help after quite a
few
> >:>suggestions, I know it is not the graphics cards and I have tried all
these
> >:>cards in another computer and get the same problem - the other computer
has
> >:>an onboard SiS graphics and the game runs ok on that, but when I put
any of
> >:>the above cards in I get that pink tint.
> >:>
> >:>I have tried changing resolutions, and all sorts of settings in the
game and
> >:>on the display config but still no better.
> >:>
> >:>I have reinstalled XP and even installed a fresh copy of win 98 to see
if it
> >:>is software related, still the same.
> >:>
> >:>I have also tried older versions of the drivers
> >:>
> >:>does anyone have any suggestions - im not a heavy gamer but I do like
this
> >:>one and would love to get it running right.
> >:>
> >:>
> >:>
>
> -----
> Lee.

i had this problem with my former nvidia card (gf3). that could be solved by
enabling FOG TABLE EMULATION in the drivers... don't know what option it is
in the ati drivers btw...

greetings

atlan

"chris" <someone@here.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> i have tried about 4 differnt drivers for the nvidia cards and 3 different
> for the ATI card
>

> "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Sounds odd but I would be relating it to drivers from what you said just
> > keep trying different drivers.
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:42:13 +0800, "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote:
> >
> > >:>I have 4 different graphics cards 3x NVIDIA and 1x radeon
> > >:>
> > >:>1/ NVIDIA geforce2MX 200 32M AGP
> > >:>2/ NVIDIA geforce FX5200 128M AGP
> > >:>3/ NVIDIA Ti4200 128M AGP
> > >:>4/ ATI Radeon 9200se 128M AGP
> > >:>
> > >:>with all of these graphics cards I get a pink tint when playing NFS 5
> > >:>
> > >:>I have contacted EA support but they were unable to help after quite
> few
> > >:>suggestions, I know it is not the graphics cards and I have tried all
> these
> > >:>cards in another computer and get the same problem - the other
computer
> has
> > >:>an onboard SiS graphics and the game runs ok on that, but when I put
> any of
> > >:>the above cards in I get that pink tint.
> > >:>
> > >:>I have tried changing resolutions, and all sorts of settings in the
> game and
> > >:>on the display config but still no better.
> > >:>
> > >:>I have reinstalled XP and even installed a fresh copy of win 98 to
see
> if it
> > >:>is software related, still the same.
> > >:>
> > >:>I have also tried older versions of the drivers
> > >:>
> > >:>does anyone have any suggestions - im not a heavy gamer but I do
like
> this
> > >:>one and would love to get it running right.
> > >:>
> > >:>
> > >:>
> >
> > -----
> > Lee.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

tried that - it is enabled
"Atlan Smith" <atlan_smith@aon.at> wrote in message
> i had this problem with my former nvidia card (gf3). that could be solved
by
> enabling FOG TABLE EMULATION in the drivers... don't know what option it
is
> in the ati drivers btw...
>

> greetings
>
> atlan
>
> "chris" <someone@here.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > i have tried about 4 differnt drivers for the nvidia cards and 3
different
> > for the ATI card
> >

> > "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Sounds odd but I would be relating it to drivers from what you said
just
> > > keep trying different drivers.

> > few
> > these
> computer
> > has
> > any of
> > game and
> see
> > if it
> like
> > this
> > >
> > > -----
> > > Lee.

ok then it was the stencil buffer or something...in the same tab. well, it
surely was just enabling/disabling one feature in the drivers.... cant
remember which one exactliy...(it's been a while)

> tried that - it is enabled
> "Atlan Smith" <atlan_smith@aon.at> wrote in message
> > i had this problem with my former nvidia card (gf3). that could be
solved
> by
> > enabling FOG TABLE EMULATION in the drivers... don't know what option it
> is
> > in the ati drivers btw...
> >

> > greetings
> >
> > atlan
> >
> > "chris" <someone@here.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > i have tried about 4 differnt drivers for the nvidia cards and 3
> different
> > > for the ATI card
> > >

> > > "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> just

NFS
> 5
> quite
> > > few
> all
> > > these
> > computer
> > > has
> put
> > > any of
> > > game and
> > see
> > > if it
> > like
> > > this

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

tried different monitor tooo

"GTD" <duh@stoopid.net> wrote in message
> Is it possible it is the monitor?
>
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:42:13 +0800, "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote:
>
> >I have 4 different graphics cards 3x NVIDIA and 1x radeon
> >
> >1/ NVIDIA geforce2MX 200 32M AGP
> >2/ NVIDIA geforce FX5200 128M AGP
> >3/ NVIDIA Ti4200 128M AGP
> >4/ ATI Radeon 9200se 128M AGP
> >
> >with all of these graphics cards I get a pink tint when playing NFS 5
> >
> >I have contacted EA support but they were unable to help after quite a
few
> >suggestions, I know it is not the graphics cards and I have tried all
these
> >cards in another computer and get the same problem - the other computer
has
> >an onboard SiS graphics and the game runs ok on that, but when I put any
of
> >the above cards in I get that pink tint.
> >
> >I have tried changing resolutions, and all sorts of settings in the game
and
> >on the display config but still no better.
> >
> >I have reinstalled XP and even installed a fresh copy of win 98 to see if
it
> >is software related, still the same.
> >
> >I have also tried older versions of the drivers
> >
> >does anyone have any suggestions - im not a heavy gamer but I do like
this
> >one and would love to get it running right.
> >

> You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
> that will make things a lot smoother.
> -Felatio Love

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

according to the EA sports website the fog table needs to be enabled but i
have tried it both ways - with it disabled the screed goes totally pink cant
see anything

> ok then it was the stencil buffer or something...in the same tab. well,
it
> surely was just enabling/disabling one feature in the drivers.... cant
> remember which one exactliy...(it's been a while)
>
> "chris" <someone@here.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > tried that - it is enabled
> > "Atlan Smith" <atlan_smith@aon.at> wrote in message
> > > i had this problem with my former nvidia card (gf3). that could be
> solved
> > by
> > > enabling FOG TABLE EMULATION in the drivers... don't know what option
it
> > is
> > > in the ati drivers btw...
> > >

> > > greetings
> > >
> > > atlan
> > >
> > > "chris" <someone@here.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > different

> > just

> NFS
> > 5
> > quite
> > all
> > > computer
> > put
> the
> > > see
> > > like

lee

have you tried reference drivers 21.xx series of nvidia?

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:59:59 +0800, "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote:

> [...]
>:>> > > > > >:>
>:>> > > > > >:>I have tried changing resolutions, and all sorts of settings in
>:>> the
>:>> > > > game and
>:>> > > > > >:>on the display config but still no better.
>:>> > > > > >:>
>:>> > > > > >:>I have reinstalled XP and even installed a fresh copy of win 98
>:>> > > see
>:>> > > > if it
>:>> > > > > >:>is software related, still the same.
>:>> > > > > >:>
>:>> > > > > >:>I have also tried older versions of the drivers
>:>> > > > > >:>
>:>> > > > > >:>does anyone have any suggestions - im not a heavy gamer but I
>:>do
>:>> > > like
>:>> > > > this
>:>> > > > > >:>one and would love to get it running right.

-----
Lee.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

just tried them, version 21.83

i have also tried 45.23, 52.16, 53.03, 56.64 and 56.72

real frustrating

Maybe it is a tinted windscreen in all the cars

"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
ws:ribcf0ljukncdcvsrtrdbbs2n3lqf4acos@4ax.com...
> [...]
settings in
> >:>> the
> >:>> > > > game and
> >:>> > > > > >:>on the display config but still no better.
> >:>> > > > > >:>
> >:>> > > > > >:>I have reinstalled XP and even installed a fresh copy of
win 98
> >:>> > > see
> >:>> > > > if it
> >:>> > > > > >:>is software related, still the same.
> >:>> > > > > >:>
> >:>> > > > > >:>I have also tried older versions of the drivers
> >:>> > > > > >:>
> >:>> > > > > >:>does anyone have any suggestions - im not a heavy gamer
but I
> >:>do
> >:>> > > like
> >:>> > > > this
> >:>> > > > > >:>one and would love to get it running right.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

how do i do that - i cant fint that newsgroup

that i can post to anyway

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> Try asking in alt.games.need-for-speed
>
> rms

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> how do i do that - i cant fint that newsgroup
>
> that i can post to anyway

Well, groups.google.com will get you there, you can search for this
problem as it is common. Also try posting on
http://www.racerplanet.com/forum/ or on www.racesimcentral.com

rms

TRENDING THREADS