  • eMachines
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
January 17, 2005 11:28:57 AM

Im in market for a new PC.... having just sold my old
Pentium 3 unit

Im looking at this eMachine model

see link

http://tinyurl.com/44ulm

Ant one out there own this unit and have advice or
feedback?

Ive always bought Dell in the past..... but what does
everyone think of this emachine model?

More about : emachine computer good bet

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 3:26:03 PM

me@privacy.net wrote:
> Im in market for a new PC.... having just sold my old
> Pentium 3 unit
>
> Im looking at this eMachine model - http://tinyurl.com/44ulm
>
> Ant one out there own this unit and have advice or
> feedback? Ive always bought Dell in the past..... but what does
> everyone think of this emachine model?

It is cheap in both price and construction. The question is and has
always been, does the machine's specs fit your particular needs. For
most folks, it is more than enought to view the web and print the
pictures of their kids. If you spend a lot of time in front of the
computer, do yourself a favor and match it with a high quality monitor.

Fireclown
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 8:28:53 PM

I bought my SO an eMachine a few months ago, it was a refurb from Tiger
Direct with an AMD processor. I have been very positively impressed with
its quality. It has a lovely case, very easy access to the innards, sleek
design, lots of bang for the buck. I have also read some very good reviews
of eMachines in general, they were #2 in satisfaction with their service in
one review I read. If I were buying myself a computer right now I would
definitely be looking at eMachines.

In news:2tinu0h5632mkoqaddmf5pb9ijkrrd60ld@4ax.com,
me@privacy.net <me@privacy.net> stated
| Im in market for a new PC.... having just sold my old
| Pentium 3 unit
|
| Im looking at this eMachine model
|
| see link
|
| http://tinyurl.com/44ulm
|
| Ant one out there own this unit and have advice or
| feedback?
|
| Ive always bought Dell in the past..... but what does
| everyone think of this emachine model?
Related resources
January 17, 2005 9:15:17 PM

I have had 4 GW machines, and now have two GW's and two EM's, and they all work fine. I bought the EM's for my
grandkids, and they punish them, but so far <2 years> they still work fine. So if you are looking for a more or less
basic machine, then you can trust GW/EM.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:28:57 -0600, me@privacy.net wrote:

>Im in market for a new PC.... having just sold my old
>Pentium 3 unit
>
>Im looking at this eMachine model
>
>see link
>
>http://tinyurl.com/44ulm
>
>Ant one out there own this unit and have advice or
>feedback?
>
>Ive always bought Dell in the past..... but what does
>everyone think of this emachine model?
January 17, 2005 10:10:59 PM

> If you spend a lot of time in front of the
>computer, do yourself a favor and match it with a high quality monitor.

Will do

Was thinking of a Princeton 17" lcd monitor for it
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 6:30:08 AM

Greetings,

I bought a Princeton 17" monitor from Costco. The graphics looked ok. My
digital pictures looked ok. However, text in Excel and Word did not look
very good at all. Also, text on web pages did not look good either.

I returned the monitor with in a week. I ended up buying an NEC monitor.

This was my experience with Princeton.

Lee

<me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> If you spend a lot of time in front of the
>>computer, do yourself a favor and match it with a high quality monitor.
>
> Will do
>
> Was thinking of a Princeton 17" lcd monitor for it
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:27:41 PM

Be aware tech support is a long distance number.

<me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Im in market for a new PC.... having just sold my old
> Pentium 3 unit
>
> Im looking at this eMachine model
>
> see link
>
> http://tinyurl.com/44ulm
>
> Ant one out there own this unit and have advice or
> feedback?
>
> Ive always bought Dell in the past..... but what does
> everyone think of this emachine model?
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:27:42 PM

"Pam" <pliggett@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> Be aware tech support is a long distance number.

Good point. Also, what is the basic warranty on their systems? 1 year?
Less?

Stew
January 18, 2005 5:39:58 PM

> I ended up buying an NEC monitor.

What NEC model did you buy? ANd what size?
February 10, 2005 9:32:27 AM

Be careful if you let any eMachines rebates enter into your decision. The
company is famous for reneging on rebates.

me@privacy.net wrote:
> Im in market for a new PC.... having just sold my old
> Pentium 3 unit
>
> Im looking at this eMachine model
>
> see link
>
> http://tinyurl.com/44ulm
>
> Ant one out there own this unit and have advice or
> feedback?
>
> Ive always bought Dell in the past..... but what does
> everyone think of this emachine model?
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:53:58 PM

eMachines Pcs are as cheap as they can possibly be. For less than ten
percent more you can get a whitebox PC built of good basic components.
Gateway's tech support and warranty reputation is so poor now that it's
about impossible to see Gateway surviving very long anyway.
February 13, 2005 12:51:48 AM

calcerise@hotmail.com wrote:
> eMachines Pcs are as cheap as they can possibly be. For less than ten
> percent more you can get a whitebox PC built of good basic components.
> Gateway's tech support and warranty reputation is so poor now that it's
> about impossible to see Gateway surviving very long anyway.

After 3 Gateways I have had my last 3 PCs built locally (white boxes) and have had no problems
with them. If I do have a problem it will be only a short ride (or local phone call) rather
than a phone call to India.
February 28, 2005 4:27:26 PM

Hate to disagree with you folks on something like this, but...

GW has significantly improved its tech support and in all of the years I
have had to call, I have never spoken to someone with an accent anymore
removed from the States than Alabama. The same cannot be said of some of
GW's competitors.

As for build quality, I have been a tech analyst for a major manufacturer
for several years and I can attest that the parts they put in their machines
are the same as those from the corner PC vendor. This is true for all of
the large OEMs. Now please don't misunderstand, different boxes will bring
different parts and varying price points, but all in all if you are buying a
$500.00 PC you are going to get $500.00 PC parts. This is true no matter
what the machine costs. Furthermore the OEMs generally sell to the
beginning or novice PC buyer, or they are selling to a business; the
requirements are not the same as they are for the enthusiast or expert
purchaser.

Just by way of qualification I currently own 1 GW laptop, four GW PCs and 1
Dell laptop. They all perform perfectly. I also have built and sold many
PCs of my own in the past. For me, parts are parts; it's what you do with
them that counts.

TD
"Jim" <hjp_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> calcerise@hotmail.com wrote:
>> eMachines Pcs are as cheap as they can possibly be. For less than ten
>> percent more you can get a whitebox PC built of good basic components.
>> Gateway's tech support and warranty reputation is so poor now that it's
>> about impossible to see Gateway surviving very long anyway.
>>
> After 3 Gateways I have had my last 3 PCs built locally (white boxes) and
> have had no problems with them. If I do have a problem it will be only a
> short ride (or local phone call) rather than a phone call to India.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 1:47:38 AM

TB/TD,

You'll have to forgive me for asking, but do you work for or sell
Gateway/eMachine computers?

The reason I ask is because it appears that this is your one and only
post to the usenet with your stated address. Your identification is
inconsistent, almost as if you are confused about your own initials. You
also express odd opinions such as "tech support has improved" and "parts
are parts" when the facts are clearly not in evidence. What kind of
tech analyst fills his house with off-the-shelf computers? If "parts
are parts," what "tech" are you analyzing?

Blip on the screen

TB wrote:

> Hate to disagree with you folks on something like this, but...
>
> GW has significantly improved its tech support and in all of the years I
> have had to call, I have never spoken to someone with an accent anymore
> removed from the States than Alabama. The same cannot be said of some of
> GW's competitors.
>
> As for build quality, I have been a tech analyst for a major manufacturer
> for several years and I can attest that the parts they put in their machines
> are the same as those from the corner PC vendor. This is true for all of
> the large OEMs. Now please don't misunderstand, different boxes will bring
> different parts and varying price points, but all in all if you are buying a
> $500.00 PC you are going to get $500.00 PC parts. This is true no matter
> what the machine costs. Furthermore the OEMs generally sell to the
> beginning or novice PC buyer, or they are selling to a business; the
> requirements are not the same as they are for the enthusiast or expert
> purchaser.
>
> Just by way of qualification I currently own 1 GW laptop, four GW PCs and 1
> Dell laptop. They all perform perfectly. I also have built and sold many
> PCs of my own in the past. For me, parts are parts; it's what you do with
> them that counts.
>
> TD
> "Jim" <hjp_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>calcerise@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> eMachines Pcs are as cheap as they can possibly be. For less than ten
>>>percent more you can get a whitebox PC built of good basic components.
>>>Gateway's tech support and warranty reputation is so poor now that it's
>>>about impossible to see Gateway surviving very long anyway.
>>>

>>After 3 Gateways I have had my last 3 PCs built locally (white boxes) and
>>have had no problems with them. If I do have a problem it will be only a
>>short ride (or local phone call) rather than a phone call to India.

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 3:19:39 AM

I have not peered at the innards of any Gateway PC assembled since the eMachine
merger, buyout or whatever the heck it was. Prior to then, I was impressed by
the construction and the selection of parts in MOST, but not all of the Gateway
boxes. I can't comment on the ones with Athlon CPUs in them, because I seem to
never run across many AMD CPU systems. No comment on Gateway notebooks, either.
Rarely do I see them.

The systems with Anigma or MSI motherboards are dogs. Woof! But the ones with
the Intel-made or -designed boards are/were all very decent indeed... Ben Myers

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:27:26 -0800, "TB" <tom_daniels@surewest.net> wrote:

>Hate to disagree with you folks on something like this, but...
>
>GW has significantly improved its tech support and in all of the years I
>have had to call, I have never spoken to someone with an accent anymore
>removed from the States than Alabama. The same cannot be said of some of
>GW's competitors.
>
>As for build quality, I have been a tech analyst for a major manufacturer
>for several years and I can attest that the parts they put in their machines
>are the same as those from the corner PC vendor. This is true for all of
>the large OEMs. Now please don't misunderstand, different boxes will bring
>different parts and varying price points, but all in all if you are buying a
>$500.00 PC you are going to get $500.00 PC parts. This is true no matter
>what the machine costs. Furthermore the OEMs generally sell to the
>beginning or novice PC buyer, or they are selling to a business; the
>requirements are not the same as they are for the enthusiast or expert
>purchaser.
>
>Just by way of qualification I currently own 1 GW laptop, four GW PCs and 1
>Dell laptop. They all perform perfectly. I also have built and sold many
>PCs of my own in the past. For me, parts are parts; it's what you do with
>them that counts.
>
>TD
>"Jim" <hjp_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> calcerise@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> eMachines Pcs are as cheap as they can possibly be. For less than ten
>>> percent more you can get a whitebox PC built of good basic components.
>>> Gateway's tech support and warranty reputation is so poor now that it's
>>> about impossible to see Gateway surviving very long anyway.
>>>
>> After 3 Gateways I have had my last 3 PCs built locally (white boxes) and
>> have had no problems with them. If I do have a problem it will be only a
>> short ride (or local phone call) rather than a phone call to India.

March 1, 2005 3:19:40 AM

>I have not peered at the innards of any Gateway PC assembled since the eMachine
>merger,

Has anyone looked at inside of eMachine box lately?

In specific the T5026?

see link

http://tinyurl.com/5wbq9
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 3:19:41 AM

Last August I bought a C2825 AMD Athlon XP 2800+ / 512MB DDR / 120GB HDD /
CD-RW / DVD-ROM / Windows XP Home / Refurbished eMachine for my SO ($399
with $50 rebate). The case looks just like the one in your picture. I have
opened it up and was quite impressed with the accessbility of everything
inside. Very nicely put together and the case is very attractive from the
outside. Runs rings around my old Gateway PIII 450, of course. He only
uses it for email so far and I showed him how to burn CDs last week. If I
were buying myself a desktop now I would definitely get a similar machine,
but I use a laptop most of the time now and just use the old PC when I want
to print something or use my old scanner and to back up files from the
laptop.

In news:fcg7215p6jmhj7opsn3qn99f9qp79ka26p@4ax.com,
me@privacy.net <me@privacy.net> stated
|| I have not peered at the innards of any Gateway PC assembled since
|| the eMachine merger,
|
| Has anyone looked at inside of eMachine box lately?
|
| In specific the T5026?
|
| see link
|
| http://tinyurl.com/5wbq9
March 1, 2005 3:19:42 AM

> If I
>were buying myself a desktop now I would definitely get a similar machine,
>but I use a laptop most of the time now

What brand/model laptop you have?
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 4:57:08 PM

Gateway 450x purchased 12/03.

In news:5mp721tdes0tt5ijcsftnhn3ngdcmeebef@4ax.com,
me@privacy.net <me@privacy.net> stated
|| If I
|| were buying myself a desktop now I would definitely get a similar
|| machine, but I use a laptop most of the time now
|
| What brand/model laptop you have?
March 1, 2005 7:05:10 PM

wrote:

>GW has significantly improved its tech support and in all of the years I
>have had to call, I have never spoken to someone with an accent anymore
>removed from the States than Alabama.

Up until my last home desktop ran out of warranty I can say that
everyone I talked to at GW TS Between 2002 and 2004 had a distinct
South Asian (Indian) accent and knew nothing about computers except
what was printed on their terminal to say. Before 2002, they were
locals and I can truthfully say that half of them didn't have any more
of a clue than the Indians that took over their jobs. However, I can
say that I only came across attitude from American GW Techs on more
than one occasion while the Indians, if not having a clue, were always
courteous.

Even though I still have a GW laptop under Business Level Warranty
which always goes to a North American Techie that usually has a clue,
after dealing with GW support from 1996 till 2002 on home desktops, I
finally threw up my hands and gave a reputable local builder a try. I
have yet to regret my decision. Two home desktops in 2 1/2 years from
him and have had only one problem which was taken care of locally by
someone that actually built computers and wasn't reading canned
replies odd a terminal and which I was dealing with Face To Face.

Yes, it is true that [Most] all the parts come from the same place.
That isn't what is in question here. It is how those parts are put
together to make a final product and how that product is supported
that matters. All the spinning can not hide the fact that GW lost its
place in the market due to loosing the bulk of its customer retention
(returning customers) on their high end models. The joke going around
now is about some bumper sticker (I have not seen) that says something
to the effect "I bought a GW once". They now rely on those beginner
$399 boxes with training wheels and wide screen TV's to keep their
nose above water.

My two local builds came with the same warranties offered by GW. The
difference is that the Techie is 1 mile down the road and he probably
had a lot to do with the hands on building of my specific computers.
He doesn't read canned responses off the screen because he has a clue
and he's not only from my side of the world, he's from my home town.
And that's if I get the owners Techie. Usually its the owner I end up
speaking to. Also, I don't think I overly paid for my two local
builds. They are both AMD Athlon Performance machines in the $650 to
$750 range. And if I had chosen to use their integrated sound and
graphics instead, they would have been less.

BTW, I think he does offer a $499 beginner box like a lot of the
out-sourced-loving conglomerates do. The big difference is.... real
local support by a person that has a clue.

In closing, I don't know if this is true or not but on a few of the
Techie sites a while back, they were posting that GW had to pull its
ads where it showed GW boxes being assembled in America.... because
they got caught with the fact that they weren't. Now they are showing
ads of a herd of people running across a field delivering the
computers because they purchase complete assembled boxes out of
Taiwan with the GW name stamped on them. I don't know if this is true
but I do know that the ads showing a N. AM. assembly line have not
been shown since the new ad showing GW delivery herds running across a
field showed up on TV.

If nothing else, even though the parts are made in GW's beloved
Taiwan, lets at least keep our assembly and support money locally...
Buy a Local Build and keep your money flowing in your own community.
I have had no regrets since deciding to quit GW and support America,
as much as one can in a computer, once again.

TR
March 1, 2005 7:05:11 PM

Well, Blip...

I didn't come in here to get blasted. Just to give an opinion. I know full
well who I am that's why I don't have a problem putting my email address on
my posts. As for the confusion, the TB is an inside joke. You wouldn't get
it. It's attitudes like yours that frequently scare newbies off from these
types of NGs, when you really could be adding a valid opinion and doing
something useful.

As for my qualifications, no, I do not work for GW in any capacity. But I
have been building and using both PCs and Mac's for over 20 years. I happen
to work for a company with the initials HP. Whether or not that diminishes
me in your eyes or not is beside the point. I am simply adding my opinion.
And at the end of the day, that's all any of this really is.

As for building a box, please read the following:

MB- Intel 915G Chipset $125.00
CPU- P4 560 (3.6G) 439.00
HD- HDS 250GB SATA 131.00
Mem- Samsung 2 512 MB 160.00
Mon- GW FP1750 17" LCd 299.00
VC- ATI Radeon X800 XT 529.00
Case- Antec 110.00
PS- Antec 330W 89.00
DVD RW- Samsung 16x 62.00
DVD ROM- Samsung 41.00
Windows XP Pro 199.00
Sound Card- SB Audigy 2 ZS 107.00
Speakers- 2.1 w/sub 50.00

Total- $2341.00

These prices are from Pricewatch.com and are current as of 3/1/2005 @11:49
AM. I used the very same equipment as is listed from SiSoft Sandra on my
new 7200XL-a Gateway box-for which I paid $2200.00 incl. shipping. I did
pay tax, but so will you on the above amount, which is in addition to the
shipping charges on all of those individual parts. Note I did not order from
the least expensive vendor. I chose vendors that had more than 50 reviews,
which in most cases ended up being Newegg or Xtreme Gear. I did that to
avoid vendor problems.

Quite frankly it would be stupid of me to build my own box. Not to mention
the fact that if I have a problem with hardware, I just call tech support
and it's fixed. I don't have to shell out anymore money.
TB

"TR" <spamtrap@spamhell.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> ads where it showed GW boxes being assembled in America.... because
> they got caught with the fact that they weren't. Now they are showing
> ads of a herd of people running across a field delivering the
> computers because they purchase complete assembled boxes out of
> Taiwan with the GW name stamped on them. I don't know if this is true
> but I do know that the ads showing a N. AM. assembly line have not
> been shown since the new ad showing GW delivery herds running across a
> field showed up on TV.
>
> If nothing else, even though the parts are made in GW's beloved
> Taiwan, lets at least keep our assembly and support money locally...
> Buy a Local Build and keep your money flowing in your own community.
> I have had no regrets since deciding to quit GW and support America,
> as much as one can in a computer, once again.

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 7:22:41 PM

I agree with everything you said. But lets agree that "buying locally"
is not always buying American. Let's agree to say that [for a few
examples] if you are Australian, buy Australian builds, if you are
Canadian, buy Canadian builds and if you are Taiwanese, then by a
Gateway or Dell.

I also noticed that this confused idiot TB quoted your entire message
and then in his confused reply to it, slammed you for what someone else
said to him. Why quote a message if you don't have the intelligence to
read it before replying to it? It only makes you look like the torrid
idiot you are.

Like TR said.... wherever you are from, buy locally and for whatever TR
didn't say, ask the imbecile TB.

NIK

TR wrote:
> [...]
> they got caught with the fact that they weren't. Now they are
showing
> ads of a herd of people running across a field delivering the
> computers because they purchase complete assembled boxes out of
> Taiwan with the GW name stamped on them. I don't know if this is
true
> but I do know that the ads showing a N. AM. assembly line have not
> been shown since the new ad showing GW delivery herds running across
> field showed up on TV.
>
> If nothing else, even though the parts are made in GW's beloved
> Taiwan, lets at least keep our assembly and support money locally...
> Buy a Local Build and keep your money flowing in your own community.
> I have had no regrets since deciding to quit GW and support America,
> as much as one can in a computer, once again.

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:09:01 PM

Poor little misunderstood thing you are..... And now its everyone
else's fault that you are so stupid that you reply to a person,
quoting their entire message in your reply and then jump all over them
for something someone else said. Next thing you'll be trying is that
the devil made you do it. Fess up, you are an idiot and you blame your
own mental shortcomings on others... But, it don't make cheese here
kid.

Let me give you a hint there stupido'

1. If you have an issue with person A then you reply to person A, NOT
person B. Duh!
2. If you put a quote of the message you are replying to in your reply,
then have the intelligence to actually read the quote and reply to the
specific contents of that quote, not something fabricated. That will
keep you from screwing up #1.
3. If you want to reply to the whole thread, then reply to your
original message, not a single person in that thread. That will keep
you from screwing up #1 & #2.
4. Get a brain. That will keep you from screwing up #1, #2 & #3.

What a loser!

TB wrote:
> Well...
>
> Doesn't take much to get everyone in an uproar. Pardon me for
clicking on
> the wrong button. However, my post was meant for the entire string
of
> messages here, not TR's specifically.
>
> My bad that I didn't realize that some folks that inhabit these NGs
don't
> have anything better to do than take offense at what someone said.
No
> wonder America has such a problem with litigation; everyone's ready
to take
> immediate offense to something someone "said" or "didn't say".
>
> I originally posted a response in order to address a question
regarding
> emachines. For those of you that don't or can't understand that, go
back
> and read what I originally posted. If you still don't understand,
then
> please find something more productive to do with your time. To the
rest
> that just come here to gripe, get a life!
>
> TD
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:23:02 PM

I am use to seeing it but undoubtably unlike you, I am not use to it to
the point of not pointing it out to these brain dead idiots that
practice it even when they are doing it to someone else. On another NG
someone had a good idea to put a stop to this rampid disreguard for any
reasonable facimile of intelligent exchange. They suggested that there
be a test that must be passed in order participate in the newsgroups.
That test would determing if an idividual had an IQ above plant life
and if they did, then they could participate. That would "weed" out
about 50% of the particiapants and 100% of the misquoters and false
accusers.

NIK

TR wrote:
> I have grown use to it and have grown to expect it. I have found
that
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:41:27 PM

So now your story is that you are a HP tech analyst who speaks openly on
the usenet about how he buys, and advocates to others that they buy,
their computers from a competitor?

TB wrote:
> [...]
>>ads where it showed GW boxes being assembled in America.... because
>>they got caught with the fact that they weren't. Now they are showing
>>ads of a herd of people running across a field delivering the
>>computers because they purchase complete assembled boxes out of
>>Taiwan with the GW name stamped on them. I don't know if this is true
>>but I do know that the ads showing a N. AM. assembly line have not
>>been shown since the new ad showing GW delivery herds running across a
>>field showed up on TV.
>>
>>If nothing else, even though the parts are made in GW's beloved
>>Taiwan, lets at least keep our assembly and support money locally...
>>Buy a Local Build and keep your money flowing in your own community.
>>I have had no regrets since deciding to quit GW and support America,
>>as much as one can in a computer, once again.

March 2, 2005 6:08:01 PM

On 1 Mar 2005 16:22:41 -0800, health_wellness@solution4u.com wrote:

>I agree with everything you said. But lets agree that "buying locally"
>is not always buying American.

Very presumptuous of myself and I stand corrected.

>and if you are Taiwanese, then by a
>Gateway or Dell.

Ooh! However, I am sure that in most countries that there are
reputable box builders that need the business of their countrymen, er.
need to be politically correct here, new word... countrypersons.

>I also noticed that this confused idiot TB quoted your entire message
>and then in his confused reply to it, slammed you for what someone else
>said to him.

I have grown use to it and have grown to expect it. I have found that
the average NG user participant to have a reading and comprehension
level compared to that of a opossum. Yes, it is extremely hard to
understand that they can actually put a quote of your entire message
in their reply and then turn around and misquote what you said and
make stuff up of what you actually said. The real scary thing is,
they probably drive, vote and worse of all, breed new generations of
their own. Next to this newest one we have here, one of the worse I
ever came across is one of the microsoft NG MVPs.

>wherever you are from, buy locally and for whatever TR
>didn't say, ask the imbecile TB.

Ooh... you're on a role today......

Regards,
TR
March 2, 2005 6:08:02 PM

> On 1 Mar 2005 16:22:41 -0800, health_wellness@solution4u.com wrote:
>
>>I agree with everything you said. But lets agree that "buying locally"
>>is not always buying American.
>
> Very presumptuous of myself and I stand corrected.
>
>>and if you are Taiwanese, then by a
>>Gateway or Dell.
>
> Ooh! However, I am sure that in most countries that there are
> reputable box builders that need the business of their countrymen, er.
> need to be politically correct here, new word... countrypersons.
>
>>I also noticed that this confused idiot TB quoted your entire message
>>and then in his confused reply to it, slammed you for what someone else
>>said to him.
>
> I have grown use to it and have grown to expect it. I have found that
> the average NG user participant to have a reading and comprehension
> level compared to that of a opossum. Yes, it is extremely hard to
> understand that they can actually put a quote of your entire message
> in their reply and then turn around and misquote what you said and
> make stuff up of what you actually said. The real scary thing is,
> they probably drive, vote and worse of all, breed new generations of
> their own. Next to this newest one we have here, one of the worse I
> ever came across is one of the microsoft NG MVPs.
>
>>wherever you are from, buy locally and for whatever TR
>>didn't say, ask the imbecile TB.
>
> Ooh... you're on a role today......
>
> Regards,
> TR
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 8:55:38 PM

I've had three gateways. I still have the last gateway I ever bought
which is coming to the end of its 3 year warranty. It's the poor
level of outsourced service rendered under the warranty on that gateway
that led me to making my latest acquisition from a local company. And
yes, the local company did charge me more for what I would have paid
for a component comparable machine from gateway, a whopping big $75
more. Service from someone that speaks one of the two languages I do
is worth the extra $75 to me. And like you said, the guy that will
service that machine probably had a lot to do with building that
machine.

Just to have fun with you ---- Buy Canadian!

Just yanking your chain there TR.

NIK

TR wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2005 10:23:02 -0800, health_wellness@solution4u.com wrote:
>
> >I am use to seeing it but undoubtably unlike you, I am not use to it
> >the point of not pointing it out to these brain dead idiots that
> >practice it even when they are doing it to someone else.
>
> Oh, every now and then, I'll point it out to one of them, but you
have
> to remember who/what you are dealing with and usually, when you point
> out what they did, they try to turn it back around on you and make it
> your fault that they are so ignorant. So the best thing to do is
just
> not communicate with them and leave them to wallow in their own
> stupidity. Remember, the intelligent ones that you really wish to
> communicate with can see for themselves what they did so you don't
> really need to broadcast it any further. It just makes the idiot
more
> rabid.
>
> >That would "weed" out
>
> No pun intended, right?
>
> I wanted to ask but forgot last time.... Are you a past/present GW
box
> owner that has/is going to convert one's patronage to a local
builder?
> As I said in my message, I have never regretted moving from GW to
give
> support to a local builder. The price of a comparable box has been
> very close and the support given by the local vender has overshadowed
> that of GW's outsourced support 10 to 1 in my experience. And
there's
> nothing in the whole world that can compete with a face to face
> meeting with support people that actually had a hand in the building
> of your computer and not Abdul who was pulled off a bamboo plantation
> and given the equivalent of $50/hr Am to read canned messages off a
> computer screen. Too bad we can't get local built laptops.
>
> Regards,
> TR
March 2, 2005 11:37:10 PM

On 2 Mar 2005 10:23:02 -0800, health_wellness@solution4u.com wrote:

>I am use to seeing it but undoubtably unlike you, I am not use to it to
>the point of not pointing it out to these brain dead idiots that
>practice it even when they are doing it to someone else.

Oh, every now and then, I'll point it out to one of them, but you have
to remember who/what you are dealing with and usually, when you point
out what they did, they try to turn it back around on you and make it
your fault that they are so ignorant. So the best thing to do is just
not communicate with them and leave them to wallow in their own
stupidity. Remember, the intelligent ones that you really wish to
communicate with can see for themselves what they did so you don't
really need to broadcast it any further. It just makes the idiot more
rabid.

>That would "weed" out

No pun intended, right?

I wanted to ask but forgot last time.... Are you a past/present GW box
owner that has/is going to convert one's patronage to a local builder?
As I said in my message, I have never regretted moving from GW to give
support to a local builder. The price of a comparable box has been
very close and the support given by the local vender has overshadowed
that of GW's outsourced support 10 to 1 in my experience. And there's
nothing in the whole world that can compete with a face to face
meeting with support people that actually had a hand in the building
of your computer and not Abdul who was pulled off a bamboo plantation
and given the equivalent of $50/hr Am to read canned messages off a
computer screen. Too bad we can't get local built laptops.

Regards,
TR
March 4, 2005 6:00:00 AM

On 2 Mar 2005 17:55:38 -0800, health_wellness@solution4u.com wrote:

>Just to have fun with you ---- Buy Canadian!

Ah... Neighbor to the North.

BTW, sent you an email before your last message on here and haven't
gotten a reply to it yet. Did you get it?

Regards,
TR
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 1:53:22 PM

That's a dead end email address. I haven't even been to it in years.
Actually, I don't remember how to get to it or the password any more.
I'm surprised it's still there and you didn't get a bounce. I had to
supply an email address to get this newsgroup account back when and
wasn't about to use my real one so used this one since I didn't use it
any more. Its probably full of spam and that's just fine because there
should be a nice unused deep well for spam to goto.

If you need to email me something, I can make my real address available
to you.

NIK

TR wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2005 17:55:38 -0800, health_wellness@solution4u.com wrote:
>
> >Just to have fun with you ---- Buy Canadian!
>
> Ah... Neighbor to the North.
>
> BTW, sent you an email before your last message on here and haven't
> gotten a reply to it yet. Did you get it?
>
> Regards,
> TR
March 5, 2005 4:12:27 AM

On 4 Mar 2005 10:53:22 -0800, health_wellness@solution4u.com wrote:

>If you need to email me something, I can make my real address available
>to you.

Not needed... Actually I was emailing you to tell you that you
shouldn't be using your real email address on the NG's. You were
already one step ahead of me.....

Regards,
TR