DOOM 3 GOLD!!!!!111oneoneone

*Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.

jafar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:29:17 +0000, ThE AnArKrIsT wrote:

> *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.

w00t! I wonder if they'll have a Linux version? I sure the extra few fps
I'd gain will be needed badly ;)

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623

"ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> schreef in bericht
> *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.

Great, now if I could only run to the shop and get a 6800 or 800pro which is
ON STOCK.

jafar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:38:21 +0200, jafar wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:29:17 +0000, ThE AnArKrIsT wrote:
>
>> *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.
>
> w00t! I wonder if they'll have a Linux version? I sure the extra few fps
> I'd gain will be needed badly ;)

Actually, I just found that out. The Linux binaries and installer will be
released soon after the boxed windows versions go on sale. Woohoo! :)

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623
http://fatcatftp.homelinux.org

>The Linux binaries and installer will be
>released soon after the boxed windows versions go on sale.

Yeah, id is good like that.

"Jelle" <mazzel@veel.plezier> skrev i meddelandet

> "ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> schreef in bericht
> > *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.
>
> Great, now if I could only run to the shop and get a 6800 or 800pro which
is
> ON STOCK.

I wouldn't worry about it that much. I've read somewhere that Doom III will
even run on machines with 512MB RAM and GF4 MX cards (!?!?!).
Some people claim that optimal computer should be a 2Ghz machine with 512MB
RAM and a Radeon 9800 (non-pro), while the latest 6800 and 800PRO are only
mentioned if you want to boost up every single detail up to 100% and have
the game run at very high FPS at the same time.
So I guess DoomIII is not that demanding game after all, like some of us
have been afraid.
It's odd though that the ID didn't reveal anything official about system
req. on their official website...

> So I guess DoomIII is not that demanding game after all, like some of us
> have been afraid.

I'm really not surprised. Remember, this game was designed what.....4
years ago, 5 years ago? So it's actually an old game even though it
hasn't shown up at retailers yet.
I remember when the specs of the GF3 ( the specs, not the GF3 hardware)
were released to the public. Carmack made the comment way back then that
while the GF3 was impressive, it still would do only about 30 fps in
Doom3, and that by the time game was available to the public, much
better HW would be available. Even way back then, Doom3 had been in
development for quite some time.

Jeff B

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:30:06 +0200, "MheAd" <cosibeg@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Jelle" <mazzel@veel.plezier> skrev i meddelandet
>>
>> "ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> schreef in bericht
>> > *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.
>>
>> Great, now if I could only run to the shop and get a 6800 or 800pro which
>is
>> ON STOCK.
>

>I wouldn't worry about it that much. I've read somewhere that Doom III will
>even run on machines with 512MB RAM and GF4 MX cards (!?!?!).
>Some people claim that optimal computer should be a 2Ghz machine with 512MB
>RAM and a Radeon 9800 (non-pro), while the latest 6800 and 800PRO are only
>mentioned if you want to boost up every single detail up to 100% and have
>the game run at very high FPS at the same time.
>So I guess DoomIII is not that demanding game after all, like some of us
>have been afraid.
>It's odd though that the ID didn't reveal anything official about system
>req. on their official website...

So what............

For me,. with FPS-style games, no buy unless a playable demo is
available with all graphics and sound options functional.

Thus, no fretting over system requirements.

John Lewis

..

> For me,. with FPS-style games, no buy unless a playable demo is
> available with all graphics and sound options functional.

Yeah, I sure agreed with your "try it before you buy it"
philosophy. And not just fps shooters either.
That's why I always try to buy HW at a place that offers a
100% refund if you aren't satisfied.

Jeff B

jafar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:42:57 -0700, LILfeatha wrote:

> wonder if theres
> even MP...

There HAS to be. Imagine the mods people will be able to make with the
engine :) Anyone who played that leaked demo a while back will know what
the engine is capable of. I'm sure it is vastly improved now from those
early stages.

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623
http://fatcatftp.homelinux.org

NaDa

thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm (ThE AnArKrIsT) wrote:
> *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.

When will they port "Doom 3" to Amiga 1200?

jafar

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:42:40 -0700, Nada wrote:

> thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm (ThE AnArKrIsT) wrote:
>> *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.
>
> When will they port "Doom 3" to Amiga 1200?

When are they going to port Alien Breed 3D to PC? ;)

--

"Nada" <nada_says@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm (ThE AnArKrIsT) wrote:
> > *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.
>
> When will they port "Doom 3" to Amiga 1200?

LOL! That's a joke, right?

NaDa

"MheAd" <cosibeg@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Nada" <nada_says@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm (ThE AnArKrIsT) wrote:
> > > *Now* it's official. I am "officially" excited now <yawn>.
> >
> > When will they port "Doom 3" to Amiga 1200?
>
> LOL! That's a joke, right?

I have my "Blizzard" Turbocard ready and cooled in front of the
fridge. I have been waiting this for years.

I still have an A4000 sitting here just to play that game, it really had
atmosphere

"Red Activist" <Red@ctivistREMOVE.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> I still have an A4000 sitting here just to play that game, it really had
> atmosphere

Lucky you. I tried to play that game with a PC Amiga emulator last
year and it was pain in the ass. The frame rate was horrible and the
sound wasn't in synch.

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:58:12 +0100, Red Activist wrote:

> I still have an A4000 sitting here just to play that game, it really had
> atmosphere

Problem is, for me on my A1200 with 28Mhz '030, it played like s**t ;)