Leadtek GeForce FX 5900 XT flashed to 5950 Ultra

SnaKe

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have flashed my card to 5950, and now i have a problem with TV-out. How
can i fix that???

Snake wrote:
> I have flashed my card to 5950, and now i have a problem with TV-out. How
> can i fix that???

By re-flashing back to the original! The reference bios doesn't provide
for any TV-out/VIVO capabilities at all. If you're lucky, the original
will still work.

nOm

Distinguished
May 29, 2003

deimos wrote:
> Snake wrote:
>> I have flashed my card to 5950, and now i have a problem with
>> TV-out. How can i fix that???
>
> By re-flashing back to the original!

There's no need. He just needs to find a 5950U BIOS that works with his
TV-Out. I had to use "BFG 5950U 475MHz/475MHz v4.35.20.35.12" for my Leadtek
5900XT.

"BFG 5950U 510MHz/475MHz v4.35.20.35.33" also works just fine, but even
though it's a newer version, I didn't like the idea of the core running at
510MHz.

> The reference bios doesn't
> provide for any TV-out/VIVO capabilities at all.

But there are LOTS of BIOSs from other vendors which do !

> If you're lucky,
> the original will still work.

The original will work just fine. Unless he totally disregarded the
instructions, he ran "WFFLASH.EXE S" beforehand, so he has a backup of his
original BIOS.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?p=1119536#post1119536

SnaKe

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I flash with BFG Bios and now i have tv-out. Is there any other version of
A380 Ultra Bios that support TV-out,and because Leadtek got better drivers
than official nVIDIA drivers that use BFG Bios. Thanks

> I flash with BFG Bios and now i have tv-out. Is there any other version of
> A380 Ultra Bios that support TV-out,and because Leadtek got better drivers
> than official nVIDIA drivers that use BFG Bios. Thanks

I am not sure if Leadtek have better driver though. Nvidia provide the
driver to manufacturer.

CapFusion,..

nOm

Distinguished
May 29, 2003

Snake wrote:
> I flash with BFG Bios and now i have tv-out. Is there any other
> version of A380 Ultra Bios that support TV-out

Dunno - the two BFG BIOSs are the only two that seem to support TV-Out on my
Leadtek. Different cards needs different BIOSs for TV-Out though.

> and because Leadtek
> got better drivers than official nVIDIA drivers that use BFG Bios.

Nah - stick to the standard nVidia drivers.