Leadtek GeForce FX 5900 XT flashed to 5950 Ultra

I have flashed my card to 5950, and now i have a problem with TV-out. How
can i fix that???
6 answers Last reply
More about leadtek geforce 5900 flashed 5950 ultra

    Snake wrote:
    > I have flashed my card to 5950, and now i have a problem with TV-out. How
    > can i fix that???

    By re-flashing back to the original! The reference bios doesn't provide
    for any TV-out/VIVO capabilities at all. If you're lucky, the original
    will still work.

    Snake wrote:
    > I have flashed my card to 5950, and now i have a problem with TV-out.
    > How can i fix that???

    Same card, same problem (at first).

    The cure is here :
    http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?p=1119536#post1119536

    You need to use the "BFG 5950U 475MHz/475MHz v4.35.20.35.12" BIOS

    deimos wrote:
    > Snake wrote:
    >> I have flashed my card to 5950, and now i have a problem with
    >> TV-out. How can i fix that???
    >
    > By re-flashing back to the original!

    There's no need. He just needs to find a 5950U BIOS that works with his
    TV-Out. I had to use "BFG 5950U 475MHz/475MHz v4.35.20.35.12" for my Leadtek
    5900XT.

    "BFG 5950U 510MHz/475MHz v4.35.20.35.33" also works just fine, but even
    though it's a newer version, I didn't like the idea of the core running at
    510MHz.

    > The reference bios doesn't
    > provide for any TV-out/VIVO capabilities at all.

    But there are LOTS of BIOSs from other vendors which do !

    > If you're lucky,
    > the original will still work.

    The original will work just fine. Unless he totally disregarded the
    instructions, he ran "WFFLASH.EXE S" beforehand, so he has a backup of his
    original BIOS.

    http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?p=1119536#post1119536

    I flash with BFG Bios and now i have tv-out. Is there any other version of
    A380 Ultra Bios that support TV-out,and because Leadtek got better drivers
    than official nVIDIA drivers that use BFG Bios. Thanks

    > I flash with BFG Bios and now i have tv-out. Is there any other version of
    > A380 Ultra Bios that support TV-out,and because Leadtek got better drivers
    > than official nVIDIA drivers that use BFG Bios. Thanks

    I am not sure if Leadtek have better driver though. Nvidia provide the
    driver to manufacturer.

    CapFusion,..

    Snake wrote:
    > I flash with BFG Bios and now i have tv-out. Is there any other
    > version of A380 Ultra Bios that support TV-out

    Dunno - the two BFG BIOSs are the only two that seem to support TV-Out on my
    Leadtek. Different cards needs different BIOSs for TV-Out though.

    > and because Leadtek
    > got better drivers than official nVIDIA drivers that use BFG Bios.

    Nah - stick to the standard nVidia drivers.

Nvidia Leadtek Geforce Graphics