Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

TV Out Nvidia GeForce4 440 128DDR ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 18, 2004 5:26:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I have just upgraded from an nVidia GeForce 4 440MX 64Mb, to a GeForce 4
440MX 128DDR (exact specs are GeFORCE4 MX440-8X 128MB DDR+TV). I was
wondering what the yellow phono socket on the back did. There is nothing in
the instructions. I have 3 connectors on the rear of the cars. One is DV TV
or something (don't use it), one is an S-Video which is connected to the
S-Video input of my TV, and the other one which wasn't on my old card
resembles a female phono socket (yellow). I was just wondering what i can
connect to that, is it an input or an output. If it's an input then how to i
watch what is being input into my PC.

Cheers (pardon the novice-ness !)

Andy
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 10:08:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:cddq9i$r7p$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I have just upgraded from an nVidia GeForce 4 440MX 64Mb, to a GeForce 4
> 440MX 128DDR (exact specs are GeFORCE4 MX440-8X 128MB DDR+TV). I was
> wondering what the yellow phono socket on the back did. There is nothing
in
> the instructions. I have 3 connectors on the rear of the cars. One is DV
TV
> or something (don't use it), one is an S-Video which is connected to the
> S-Video input of my TV, and the other one which wasn't on my old card
> resembles a female phono socket (yellow). I was just wondering what i can
> connect to that, is it an input or an output. If it's an input then how to
i
> watch what is being input into my PC.
>
> Cheers (pardon the novice-ness !)
>
> Andy
>
> And educated guess would be its just a composite tv output. Unless the
card is a VIVO card, there are no video inputs on them.
July 19, 2004 12:25:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

according to the book it is a VIVO card. Wondered how to view input though
(on what software) ???

Andy


"Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message
news:_0zKc.108917$OB3.52863@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>
> "Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:cddq9i$r7p$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > I have just upgraded from an nVidia GeForce 4 440MX 64Mb, to a GeForce 4
> > 440MX 128DDR (exact specs are GeFORCE4 MX440-8X 128MB DDR+TV). I was
> > wondering what the yellow phono socket on the back did. There is nothing
> in
> > the instructions. I have 3 connectors on the rear of the cars. One is DV
> TV
> > or something (don't use it), one is an S-Video which is connected to the
> > S-Video input of my TV, and the other one which wasn't on my old card
> > resembles a female phono socket (yellow). I was just wondering what i
can
> > connect to that, is it an input or an output. If it's an input then how
to
> i
> > watch what is being input into my PC.
> >
> > Cheers (pardon the novice-ness !)
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > And educated guess would be its just a composite tv output. Unless the
> card is a VIVO card, there are no video inputs on them.
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 3:45:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:cdeirk$ovv$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> according to the book it is a VIVO card. Wondered how to view input though
> (on what software) ???
>
> Andy
Would have helped had you shared that bit of info a bit earlier.. ;) 

YOu need to install teh WDM capture drivers...
July 19, 2004 8:58:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Surely they would have been installed with the software CD i got with it.
Don't really like adding any other drivers to the card as it's working fine
at the moment (just not with composite VIVO).

Andy


"Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message
news:0YDKc.279382$Gx4.226879@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>
> "Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:cdeirk$ovv$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > according to the book it is a VIVO card. Wondered how to view input
though
> > (on what software) ???
> >
> > Andy
> Would have helped had you shared that bit of info a bit earlier.. ;) 
>
> YOu need to install teh WDM capture drivers...
>
>
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 9:40:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:cdgr38$ood$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Surely they would have been installed with the software CD i got with it.
> Don't really like adding any other drivers to the card as it's working
fine
> at the moment (just not with composite VIVO).
>

OK Andy, you do seem to provide specific.
Do you still have the package? If so, can you read the package name - Make /
Model?
Just incase you no longer have a that packge, how many port does that card
have?
Does one of those port that look like a PS/2 - how many pins does it have?

Does that PS/2 port have like 9pins? If so, can you check if there a chip
next to the heatsink/fan?
That chipset should be a capture chip. That chip can be a phillip - SAA7114H
or similar? Some manufacturer may use a different capturer chip. The chip
should reside on the left side of the HS/F if they stick to the nvidia
reference.

If you have it, they your card might be a ViVo, You then simply install the
WDM from the CD disc that provided. You can use the latest driver from
nvidia with the WDM driver on the CD disc.

CapFusion,...
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 1:04:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:cdgr38$ood$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Surely they would have been installed with the software CD i got with it.
> Don't really like adding any other drivers to the card as it's working
fine
> at the moment (just not with composite VIVO).
>
> Andy
>

Since alot of people may never use the vivo capabilities of a card, they are
not installed by default. Unless you see a listing for WDM capture device
in the device manager, or a WDM listing for capture drivers under add/remove
programs, they are not there.
July 21, 2004 10:44:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Hello,
Thanks for the info, i don't really want to take my card back out but the
maker is SPARKLE and it's a SP7300M4T/128MB DDR. GEFORCE4 MX440-8X 128MB
DDR+TV (reading from box). Does that shed any light ?. The handbook does
actually mention being a VIVO card (don't know if it's just a 'standard'
book for all their cards though). I have noticed in device manager that
there is a yellow exclamation next to nVidia WDM capture (universal) states
'Code10'. However, all the other WDM stuff (like Tuner, A/V crossbar,
TV/Audio crossbar) are OK.

Cheers
Andy



"CapFusion" <CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com> wrote in message
news:LpqdnRK7T4Ji9GHdRVn-tw@megapath.net...
>
> "Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:cdgr38$ood$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Surely they would have been installed with the software CD i got with
it.
> > Don't really like adding any other drivers to the card as it's working
> fine
> > at the moment (just not with composite VIVO).
> >
>
> OK Andy, you do seem to provide specific.
> Do you still have the package? If so, can you read the package name - Make
/
> Model?
> Just incase you no longer have a that packge, how many port does that card
> have?
> Does one of those port that look like a PS/2 - how many pins does it have?
>
> Does that PS/2 port have like 9pins? If so, can you check if there a chip
> next to the heatsink/fan?
> That chipset should be a capture chip. That chip can be a phillip -
SAA7114H
> or similar? Some manufacturer may use a different capturer chip. The chip
> should reside on the left side of the HS/F if they stick to the nvidia
> reference.
>
> If you have it, they your card might be a ViVo, You then simply install
the
> WDM from the CD disc that provided. You can use the latest driver from
> nvidia with the WDM driver on the CD disc.
>
> CapFusion,...
>
>
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:29:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:cdkvr4$qok$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hello,
> Thanks for the info, i don't really want to take my card back out but the
> maker is SPARKLE and it's a SP7300M4T/128MB DDR. GEFORCE4 MX440-8X 128MB
> DDR+TV (reading from box). Does that shed any light ?. The handbook does
> actually mention being a VIVO card (don't know if it's just a 'standard'
> book for all their cards though). I have noticed in device manager that
> there is a yellow exclamation next to nVidia WDM capture (universal)
states
> 'Code10'. However, all the other WDM stuff (like Tuner, A/V crossbar,
> TV/Audio crossbar) are OK.
>

When there is a code10 for the WDM, your Turner or capturing should not work
or see the source. Double check in Sound, Video, and game controller
category from Device Manager to see if there any other WDM device. You
should be seeing Nvidia Universal Capture .... something.... going by memory
here.

Code 10 simple mean, that device is not started or working.

Can you capture or see the source image?

CapFusion,....
July 23, 2004 2:40:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Yep, i can capture through the s-video socket from the TV output (on my TV).
I now found that i can output to a VCR/TV with the phono (or composite, is
it ?), but i don't know how to get a signal coming into my PC to capture.

I use WinTV2000 but i don't see any other 'sources' here, just my WebCam and
the Hauppage WinTV card. Choosing 'composite' just gives a black screen.

Guess it wasn't meant to work that way ?. I thought maybe that i could
record/capture at a higher resolution using this connection ?

Cheers
Andy


"CapFusion" <CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com> wrote in message
news:n4adnW79HstDXmPdRVn-pw@megapath.net...
>
> "Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:cdkvr4$qok$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Hello,
> > Thanks for the info, i don't really want to take my card back out but
the
> > maker is SPARKLE and it's a SP7300M4T/128MB DDR. GEFORCE4 MX440-8X 128MB
> > DDR+TV (reading from box). Does that shed any light ?. The handbook does
> > actually mention being a VIVO card (don't know if it's just a 'standard'
> > book for all their cards though). I have noticed in device manager that
> > there is a yellow exclamation next to nVidia WDM capture (universal)
> states
> > 'Code10'. However, all the other WDM stuff (like Tuner, A/V crossbar,
> > TV/Audio crossbar) are OK.
> >
>
> When there is a code10 for the WDM, your Turner or capturing should not
work
> or see the source. Double check in Sound, Video, and game controller
> category from Device Manager to see if there any other WDM device. You
> should be seeing Nvidia Universal Capture .... something.... going by
memory
> here.
>
> Code 10 simple mean, that device is not started or working.
>
> Can you capture or see the source image?
>
> CapFusion,....
>
>
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 5:31:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:cdpc7s$cp5$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Yep, i can capture through the s-video socket from the TV output (on my
TV).
> I now found that i can output to a VCR/TV with the phono (or composite, is
> it ?), but i don't know how to get a signal coming into my PC to capture.
>
> I use WinTV2000 but i don't see any other 'sources' here, just my WebCam
and
> the Hauppage WinTV card. Choosing 'composite' just gives a black screen.
>
> Guess it wasn't meant to work that way ?. I thought maybe that i could
> record/capture at a higher resolution using this connection ?


You have WinTV and GeForce4 MX440 (assumed). Which device you using to
capture the source / signal when you refer to the S-Video / Composite?

I do not have WinTV at this time to tell you. But as for NVIDIA card, if it
a ViVo model, you will see NVIDIA WDM Universal Capture there from Device
Manager in Sound Video and Game Controller. If you have something else, I
assumed it WinTV.

Let assumed it ViVo from nvidia card. Normally it will bundle like WinDVD
Creator software or similar. In WinDVD Creator, there will be a picture of a
TV / Monitor. Next to it is a icon of a wrench. Click on it to change the
source to either S-Video / Composite / TV Turner. This is will it will
capture the source / signal. Make sure you have that cable attach to that
device. Otherwise it will be blank.

What software you have with WinTV? Doe it have some kind of software. I
would assumed it should have one. Otherwise you will not be able to capture
signal like TV boardcast..

CapFusion,...
July 24, 2004 12:37:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Thanks CapFusion, i didnt install the software because i already had
Intervideo WinDVD6, which i like better. However, i open it in WinTV2000 and
there are options in the configuration there. Composite, S-Video etc are
mentioned in there, however when i try to capture from composite the screen
is black. I have the other end of the composite plugged into my TV (on the
'tv-out' composite), so i am assuming this way won't work. I might have to
keep on using the s-video cable instead.

Thanks for all your help CapFusion.

Andy



"CapFusion" <CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com> wrote in message
news:uOydnYWNKJgK6JzcRVn-gQ@megapath.net...
>
> "Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:cdpc7s$cp5$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Yep, i can capture through the s-video socket from the TV output (on my
> TV).
> > I now found that i can output to a VCR/TV with the phono (or composite,
is
> > it ?), but i don't know how to get a signal coming into my PC to
capture.
> >
> > I use WinTV2000 but i don't see any other 'sources' here, just my WebCam
> and
> > the Hauppage WinTV card. Choosing 'composite' just gives a black screen.
> >
> > Guess it wasn't meant to work that way ?. I thought maybe that i could
> > record/capture at a higher resolution using this connection ?
>
>
> You have WinTV and GeForce4 MX440 (assumed). Which device you using to
> capture the source / signal when you refer to the S-Video / Composite?
>
> I do not have WinTV at this time to tell you. But as for NVIDIA card, if
it
> a ViVo model, you will see NVIDIA WDM Universal Capture there from Device
> Manager in Sound Video and Game Controller. If you have something else, I
> assumed it WinTV.
>
> Let assumed it ViVo from nvidia card. Normally it will bundle like WinDVD
> Creator software or similar. In WinDVD Creator, there will be a picture of
a
> TV / Monitor. Next to it is a icon of a wrench. Click on it to change the
> source to either S-Video / Composite / TV Turner. This is will it will
> capture the source / signal. Make sure you have that cable attach to that
> device. Otherwise it will be blank.
>
> What software you have with WinTV? Doe it have some kind of software. I
> would assumed it should have one. Otherwise you will not be able to
capture
> signal like TV boardcast..
>
> CapFusion,...
>
>
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 9:35:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:cdt3im$khj$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Thanks CapFusion, i didnt install the software because i already had
> Intervideo WinDVD6, which i like better. However, i open it in WinTV2000
and
> there are options in the configuration there. Composite, S-Video etc are
> mentioned in there, however when i try to capture from composite the
screen
> is black. I have the other end of the composite plugged into my TV (on the
> 'tv-out' composite), so i am assuming this way won't work. I might have to
> keep on using the s-video cable instead.
>
> Thanks for all your help CapFusion.

Are you sure your tv has a composite output? They may exist but I have
never seen a tv with video out...
July 25, 2004 9:18:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Yep, it's an old Toshiba 28 inch dolby thingy, and it has a composite
labelled (video out), it's a yellow phono out. It does work on my WinTV
through the graphics card (in via s-video)

Cheers
Andy


"Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message
news:_5xMc.317004$Gx4.185664@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>
> "Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:cdt3im$khj$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Thanks CapFusion, i didnt install the software because i already had
> > Intervideo WinDVD6, which i like better. However, i open it in WinTV2000
> and
> > there are options in the configuration there. Composite, S-Video etc are
> > mentioned in there, however when i try to capture from composite the
> screen
> > is black. I have the other end of the composite plugged into my TV (on
the
> > 'tv-out' composite), so i am assuming this way won't work. I might have
to
> > keep on using the s-video cable instead.
> >
> > Thanks for all your help CapFusion.
>
> Are you sure your tv has a composite output? They may exist but I have
> never seen a tv with video out...
>
>
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 2:42:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Andy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ce0mgg$b1v$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Yep, it's an old Toshiba 28 inch dolby thingy, and it has a composite
> labelled (video out), it's a yellow phono out. It does work on my WinTV
> through the graphics card (in via s-video)

I was starting to worry. It seem from this comment that you gotten it
straighten out.
Have fun.

CapFusion,...
!