Need advise on these cards... which one is better...

Helo guys.
I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card is
mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?

Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X

Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X

Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X

Thanks in advance and please send me prices.

Best regards
Carlos
7 answers Last reply
More about need advise cards better

    Carlos Arruda wrote:
    > Helo guys.
    > I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card
    > is mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?
    >
    > Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Thanks in advance and please send me prices.
    >
    > Best regards
    > Carlos

    the FX5600 is the best of those three, however im sure some people will tell
    you not to go below a FX5700 and they are probably right. As for prices look
    for yourself here
    http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/c_111601_graphics_cards.html

    Matt
    --
    Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4
    MSN: GLYTCH_2K4(at)msn.com

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > Helo guys.
    > I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card is
    > mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?
    >
    > Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Thanks in advance and please send me prices.

    Of the 3 the 5600 is better. If you're planning on gaming any modern 3D
    titles, a 5700 Ultra is the lowest you should go.

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message

    " Thanks in advance and please send me prices. "

    This isn't a vendors newsgroup. Anyway, why do you feel you need a 256MB
    card? If you chose the aforementioned on price, then you would do better to
    get a faster 128MB card for gaming.

    I have the 5600/256mb and it plays every game I have tried to far easily.
    But keep in mind, like OCZ said, the 9800pro is an awesome card and the
    price is reasonable now.
    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > Helo guys.
    > I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card is
    > mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?
    >
    > Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Thanks in advance and please send me prices.
    >
    > Best regards
    > Carlos

    AVOID the first two: they are Slowww. The 5600 should barely get you by
    with modern games.

    --
    DaveW

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > Helo guys.
    > I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card is
    > mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?
    >
    > Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X
    >
    > Thanks in advance and please send me prices.
    >
    > Best regards
    > Carlos

    None of them ???

    Get A Radeon 9800 pro if you want an AWSOME CARD :)

    OCZ Guy wrote:
    > None of them ???
    >
    > Get A Radeon 9800 pro if you want an AWSOME CARD :)

    However thats NOT WHAT HE ASKED!

    It bugs me how people dont read the questions on newsgroups fully or just
    give advice (as correct as it may be) that isnt what was wanted. If the OP
    had said which is better, 5200, 5500, 5600 or 9800 then fair enough, but he
    didnt.

    Matt
    --
    Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4