Need advise on these cards... which one is better...

Helo guys.
I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card is
mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?

Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X

Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X

Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X

Thanks in advance and please send me prices.

Best regards
Carlos

Carlos Arruda wrote:
> Helo guys.
> I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card
> is mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?
>
> Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Thanks in advance and please send me prices.
>
> Best regards
> Carlos

the FX5600 is the best of those three, however im sure some people will tell
you not to go below a FX5700 and they are probably right. As for prices look
for yourself here
http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/c_111601_graphics_cards.html

Matt
--
Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4
MSN: GLYTCH_2K4(at)msn.com

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> Helo guys.
> I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card is
> mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?
>
> Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Thanks in advance and please send me prices.

Of the 3 the 5600 is better. If you're planning on gaming any modern 3D
titles, a 5700 Ultra is the lowest you should go.

"Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message

" Thanks in advance and please send me prices. "

This isn't a vendors newsgroup. Anyway, why do you feel you need a 256MB
card? If you chose the aforementioned on price, then you would do better to
get a faster 128MB card for gaming.

anybody

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2002

I have the 5600/256mb and it plays every game I have tried to far easily.
But keep in mind, like OCZ said, the 9800pro is an awesome card and the
price is reasonable now.
"Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> Helo guys.
> I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card is
> mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?
>
> Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Thanks in advance and please send me prices.
>
> Best regards
> Carlos

AVOID the first two: they are Slowww. The 5600 should barely get you by
with modern games.

--
DaveW

"Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> Helo guys.
> I'm looking to buy one video card but I've got a question, this card is
> mainly for games so what's the best one among these three?
>
> Geforce Fx5200 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Geforce Fx5500 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Geforce Fx5600 256MB with TV OUT 8X
>
> Thanks in advance and please send me prices.
>
> Best regards
> Carlos

None of them ???

Get A Radeon 9800 pro if you want an AWSOME CARD :)

OCZ Guy wrote:
> None of them ???
>
> Get A Radeon 9800 pro if you want an AWSOME CARD :)

However thats NOT WHAT HE ASKED!

It bugs me how people dont read the questions on newsgroups fully or just
give advice (as correct as it may be) that isnt what was wanted. If the OP
had said which is better, 5200, 5500, 5600 or 9800 then fair enough, but he
didnt.

Matt
--
Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4