software bundles for FX5900

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 20, 2004 4:01:59 PM

Hmm...post about GeForce card in nvidia NG...why not.

My nvidia 9600pro is having stability problems with my Abit board w/
Kingston ram, so...
I've decided to get a Geforce FX5900.

I'd like to make an informed decision, and all other things being equal, it
would be nice to know what software/games are bundled by the respective
manufacturers of this card. I've read that the Gigabyte card (FX5900), for
example, bundles 'Call of Duty' with theirs...not a bad game to have I
think.

Does anyone have information on the various bundles with some of the other
makes of this card? Any maker stand out as to what's offered in the retail
box along with the card itself? Or any makes that are problematic for any
reason? Thnx.
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 4:12:02 PM

"tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hmm...post about GeForce card in nvidia NG...why not.
>
> My nvidia 9600pro is having stability problems with my Abit board w/
> Kingston ram, so...
> I've decided to get a Geforce FX5900.
>
> I'd like to make an informed decision, and all other things being equal,
it
> would be nice to know what software/games are bundled by the respective
> manufacturers of this card. I've read that the Gigabyte card (FX5900),
for
> example, bundles 'Call of Duty' with theirs...not a bad game to have I
> think.
>
> Does anyone have information on the various bundles with some of the other
> makes of this card? Any maker stand out as to what's offered in the
retail
> box along with the card itself? Or any makes that are problematic for any
> reason? Thnx.

I just had a brainfart...been a tough week. For some reason, I'm thinking
ATI...but it's coming out nvidia here. Anyway, if you can unscramble the
obvious error above, the same question goes for the FX5900xt about info on
software bundles by the different makers of this card.

See...all this research is scrambling my head.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:01:30 AM

umm, ya call of duty aint bad.. im going for this card no matter what
games it comes with though,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
someones gonna teach me how to OC it to a 5950 ultra :-P it has 5
games or somtehing, dont really care about that... lol
"tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<avbLc.888$NQ5.1@bignews4.bellsouth.net>...
> "tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Hmm...post about GeForce card in nvidia NG...why not.
> >
> > My nvidia 9600pro is having stability problems with my Abit board w/
> > Kingston ram, so...
> > I've decided to get a Geforce FX5900.
> >
> > I'd like to make an informed decision, and all other things being equal,
> it
> > would be nice to know what software/games are bundled by the respective
> > manufacturers of this card. I've read that the Gigabyte card (FX5900),
> for
> > example, bundles 'Call of Duty' with theirs...not a bad game to have I
> > think.
> >
> > Does anyone have information on the various bundles with some of the other
> > makes of this card? Any maker stand out as to what's offered in the
> retail
> > box along with the card itself? Or any makes that are problematic for any
> > reason? Thnx.
> >

> I just had a brainfart...been a tough week. For some reason, I'm thinking
> ATI...but it's coming out nvidia here. Anyway, if you can unscramble the
> obvious error above, the same question goes for the FX5900xt about info on
> software bundles by the different makers of this card.
>
> See...all this research is scrambling my head.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 12:01:11 PM

"LILfeatha" <yuval73@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> umm, ya call of duty aint bad.. im going for this card no matter what
> games it comes with though,

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
> someones gonna teach me how to OC it to a 5950 ultra :-P it has 5
> games or somtehing, dont really care about that... lol

I've been comparing specs, compatibility, stability...for cards under 200
smacks...and I've concluded this card (FX5900XT) sort of stands out of the
heap by a good margin. The ATI cards have good specs, but I've had
stability problems (9600pro)...which is why I won't buy ATI again. $200
bucks is a lot of money for me and eye candy is no good if the damn game
crashes all the time. Stability should be a 'given' at these prices.

The FX5900XT seems to perform close to the upper crust cards from all I've
read now. I'm convinced this one is the BEST value on the market just now.
Users rave on this card. Have not found anything discouraging on this card.

But there are a lot of companies making this card. Some have 'shrouds' to
protect the cards, but I've read can get in the way of installation. Some
seem to be overclocked better than others [but that's not an issue for me].

Then there are the software bundles, which, when all other things being
equal, might make the difference justifying one maker of the 5900xt over
another. But these are not usually reported with the specs...so why I
posted the question here. Does anyone have any useful input on one maker
over another of the FX5900XT card? Albatron, Ledtech, Chaintech, Gigabyte,
Apollo...etc etc...which company to go with?
!