Colin Mcrae 04

Sorry I know it's not the right group to ask but I really ran out of places
to ask. Does anyone experience severe continuous static noise in Colin
Mcrae 3 or 04? And did any of you fix it? I tried everywhere and no one
had a solution. Could it be a video codec and do you know which one is
causing it?

I am using the Sound Blaster Live! XGamer with the default Windows XP
driver. I cannot install the official LiveWARE! or counterstrike would
loose the 32 simultaneous wav channels. Please don't tell me to adjust the
dx sound acceleration settings.

Thanks.

I dunno which version of the driver you mean by LiveWare as they've stopped
calling it that a long time ago.

Just install the Live Drv Uni pack( the Audigy1/Live unified drivers ). It
supports 32 3d hardware buffers.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/product.asp?bypass=1&category=2&os=10&driverlang=1&prod=14&drivertype=1

or

http://tinyurl.com/o82x.

All the Live's use a unified driver under XP.

"Bronney Hui" <bronney@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> Sorry I know it's not the right group to ask but I really ran out of
places
> to ask. Does anyone experience severe continuous static noise in Colin
> Mcrae 3 or 04? And did any of you fix it? I tried everywhere and no one
> had a solution. Could it be a video codec and do you know which one is
> causing it?
>
> I am using the Sound Blaster Live! XGamer with the default Windows XP
> driver. I cannot install the official LiveWARE! or counterstrike would
> loose the 32 simultaneous wav channels. Please don't tell me to adjust
the
> dx sound acceleration settings.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for replying but that's exactly what I used before and lost the
channels in counter strike. + it hangs mp3 when going to games. And the
Audio HQ also lost a slider I used to have that let's you tweak the number
of simultaneous voices.

I had to uninstall everything and use the XP default SB live driver for
everything to work. Also tried switching slots and all sorts of things.
But so far my system is fine, except for the colin mcrae series.

Thanks anyway.

"Sharanga Dayananda" <shaREMOVE@ntlworldNoSpaM.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:BBULc.406$V75.378@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> I dunno which version of the driver you mean by LiveWare as they've
stopped
> calling it that a long time ago.
>
> Just install the Live Drv Uni pack( the Audigy1/Live unified drivers ). It
> supports 32 3d hardware buffers.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/product.asp?bypass=1&category=2&os=10&driverlang=1&prod=14&drivertype=1

> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/o82x.
>
> All the Live's use a unified driver under XP.
>
> "Bronney Hui" <bronney@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry I know it's not the right group to ask but I really ran out of
> places
> > to ask. Does anyone experience severe continuous static noise in Colin
> > Mcrae 3 or 04? And did any of you fix it? I tried everywhere and no
one
> > had a solution. Could it be a video codec and do you know which one is
> > causing it?
> >
> > I am using the Sound Blaster Live! XGamer with the default Windows XP
> > driver. I cannot install the official LiveWARE! or counterstrike would
> > loose the 32 simultaneous wav channels. Please don't tell me to adjust
> the
> > dx sound acceleration settings.
> >
> > Thanks.

Under XP, you don't get an option for simultanoues voices in Audio HQ.
That's was only for WAV file playback under Windows 95/98, not under
DirectX. Under DirectSound3D, you get upto 32 hardware buffers and you don't
have to specify how many to use.

What do you mean it hangs MP3? What exactly happens? That's very strange. I
used to have a Live and never had any problems with playing back MP3s while
playing games.

"Sharanga Dayananda" <shaREMOVE@ntlworldNoSpaM.com> wrote in message
> Under XP, you don't get an option for simultanoues voices in Audio HQ.
> That's was only for WAV file playback under Windows 95/98, not under
> DirectX. Under DirectSound3D, you get upto 32 hardware buffers and you
don't
> have to specify how many to use.
>
> What do you mean it hangs MP3? What exactly happens? That's very strange.
> used to have a Live and never had any problems with playing back MP3s
while
> playing games.

Me too. I have a older pc with SB Live and play MP3 without any clitch.

CapFusion,...

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:23:50 +0800 "Bronney Hui" <bronney@netvigator.com>
meeped :

>Sorry I know it's not the right group to ask but I really ran out of places
>to ask. Does anyone experience severe continuous static noise in Colin
>Mcrae 3 or 04? And did any of you fix it? I tried everywhere and no one
>had a solution. Could it be a video codec and do you know which one is
>causing it?
>
>I am using the Sound Blaster Live! XGamer with the default Windows XP
>driver. I cannot install the official LiveWARE! or counterstrike would
>loose the 32 simultaneous wav channels. Please don't tell me to adjust the
>dx sound acceleration settings.
>
>Thanks.

have you tried the KX project 3rd party drivers for Live/Audigy ?

i've been using them for ages...they're great
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1
--

hi guys...
did anyone find out how to solve this problem with Colin McRae 4.0?
i have the same problem and i was wondering if you guys can give me a
hand with it...?!

Thank you

I still can't find a solution, and will try the 3rd party driver asap. Thanks.