DOOM 3...Good News for Lame Gaming PC's running DOOM 3....

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

like mine:

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

Read the Last Paragraph

" For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
in experiencing DOOM 3. "

)-()-( wrote:
> like mine:
>
> http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy
>
> Read the Last Paragraph
>
> " For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
> that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
> will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
> of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
> a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
> experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
> card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
> will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
> fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
> in experiencing DOOM 3. "

Yes, but the big question is can this be played successfully on an
FX5200 with either 64 bit or 128 bit interface?

NaDa

")-()-(" <email@address.com> wrote in message news:<40FF38B3.13033406@address.com>...
> like mine:
>
> http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy
>
> Read the Last Paragraph
>
> " For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
> that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
> will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
> of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
> a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
> experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
> card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
> will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
> fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
> in experiencing DOOM 3. "

That is subjective experience and not a fact. I won't really buy
that, unless they tried it with medium details and lower.

)-()-( wrote:
> like mine:
>
> http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy
>
> Read the Last Paragraph
>
> " For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
> that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
> will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
> of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
> a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
> experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
> card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
> will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
> fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
> in experiencing DOOM 3. "

so my athlon xp 2100, 512 mb ram and geforce 4 ti4200 with 64 mb should
run it ok...

--
Eps

Ahh, but will it run on an FX5200 running with Win 98 and a PIII 500, I
seriously doubt it!

Shaun Pudwell.

"stanmc" <stanmcnOspam@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Yes, but the big question is can this be played successfully on an
> FX5200 with either 64 bit or 128 bit interface?

Yes, you can play but not ENJOYABLE.

CapFusion,...

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:08:19 +0100 "Shaun Pudwell" <trances@excite.com> meeped
:

>Ahh, but will it run on an FX5200 running with Win 98 and a PIII 500, I
>seriously doubt it!

yeh..not with full deets, naturally..

OpenGL man...OPEN GL !!!
--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

"Granulated" <doh@troublesomeodoursfreeuk.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:08:19 +0100 "Shaun Pudwell" <trances@excite.com>
> meeped
> :
>
>>Ahh, but will it run on an FX5200 running with Win 98 and a PIII 500, I
>>seriously doubt it!
>
> yeh..not with full deets, naturally..
>
> OpenGL man...OPEN GL !!!

Dear god...you're here as well?
Get back to BB you animal!

:)

CapFusion wrote:
> "stanmc" <stanmcnOspam@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>
>>Yes, but the big question is can this be played successfully on an
>>FX5200 with either 64 bit or 128 bit interface?
>

> Yes, you can play but not ENJOYABLE.
>
> CapFusion,...

Sorry, I forgot to put in the wink emoticon. Seems that the FX5200
series really tears this newsgroup up. So here is the wink emoticon. ;-)

> Sorry, I forgot to put in the wink emoticon. Seems that the FX5200
> series really tears this newsgroup up. So here is the wink emoticon. ;-)

Since you mention it, I forgot mine too..... Here mine :`p

CapFusion,...

Doom 3 will run fine on an fx5200

Just turn the "eye candy" settings down ;-)

"CapFusion" <CapeFussion...@hotmail.., com> wrote in message

> "stanmc" <stanmcnOspam@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> Sorry, I forgot to put in the wink emoticon. Seems that the FX5200
>> series really tears this newsgroup up. So here is the wink emoticon. ;-)
>
> Since you mention it, I forgot mine too..... Here mine :`p
>
> CapFusion,...

jk

Some other benchmarks.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2149&p=7

")-()-(" wrote:

> like mine:
>
> http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy
>
> Read the Last Paragraph
>
> " For those of you that think you are not going to have the hardware
> that you need to play DOOM 3, the fact of the matter is that many of you
> will be just fine, although an upgrade may still be in your future. As
> of this afternoon we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with
> a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming
> experience. Even a subtle jump to an AMD 2500+ with a GeForce 3 video
> card that is two years old will deliver a solid gaming experience that
> will let you enjoy the game the way id Software designed it to be. That
> fact alone should let many of you know that you will not be left behind
> in experiencing DOOM 3. "

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:56:35 +0100 "Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com>
meeped :

>"Granulated" <doh@troublesomeodoursfreeuk.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:08:19 +0100 "Shaun Pudwell" <trances@excite.com>
>> meeped
>> :
>>
>>>Ahh, but will it run on an FX5200 running with Win 98 and a PIII 500, I
>>>seriously doubt it!
>>
>> yeh..not with full deets, naturally..
>>
>> OpenGL man...OPEN GL !!!
>
>Dear god...you're here as well?