Windows Update Driver

For the last year or so, been seeing a driver update for NVidia Display
Adapters showing up on Windows Update even though all my drivers are the
most recent from the NVidia website. What is this driver on the Update
page? Is it something separate or is Microsoft just behind in the times?

ceebee

"John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

> For the last year or so, been seeing a driver update for NVidia
> Display Adapters showing up on Windows Update even though all my
> drivers are the most recent from the NVidia website. What is this
> driver on the Update page? Is it something separate or is Microsoft
> just behind in the times?

It sometimes happens to other drivers as well; I can remember it
happening for a Creative Soundblaster. IIRC they made a mistake with the
revision number (say 1,45 instead of 1.45) and your Windows copies
suddenly considers it older.

You can try to modify Windows Update and see if you can disable that
item for an update check.

--
CeeBee

EMH Mark I: "Stop breathing down my neck."
EMH Mark II: "My breath is merely a simulation."
EMH Mark I: "So is my neck. Stop it anyway."

SP

the driver is way outdated, i'd stick with the genuine nvidia or the beta
drivers

sp

"John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
> For the last year or so, been seeing a driver update for NVidia Display
> Adapters showing up on Windows Update even though all my drivers are the
> most recent from the NVidia website. What is this driver on the Update
> page? Is it something separate or is Microsoft just behind in the times?

Microsoft is just behind the times.

"John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
> For the last year or so, been seeing a driver update for NVidia Display
> Adapters showing up on Windows Update even though all my drivers are the
> most recent from the NVidia website. What is this driver on the Update
> page? Is it something separate or is Microsoft just behind in the times?

"John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
> For the last year or so, been seeing a driver update for NVidia Display
> Adapters showing up on Windows Update even though all my drivers are the
> most recent from the NVidia website. What is this driver on the Update
> page? Is it something separate or is Microsoft just behind in the times?

Never, ever, EVER download updates from Microsoft that are 3rd party
drivers. ALWAYS use original updates from the manufacturers sites.

Regards,
Chris
--
Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
http://www.craven-birds.co.uk/