patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any difference
in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the same.

Patch wrote:
> I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
> different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any
> difference in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the
> same.

I'd order from eVGA. My current card is an eVGA 5900 flashed to a 5950
Ultra. It's my 3rd eGVA card.

ME

If i had to choose i'd pick the the Evga as the other company's are sketchy
in my opinion
Cliff

"Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
> different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any
difference
> in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the same.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Buy MSI.

"Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
> different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any
difference
> in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the same.

"Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
> different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any
> difference
> in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the same.

Leadtek, Gainward, Albathron u can't miss with them.

ME

MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once

ME wrote:

> MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
> my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once
>
> "Johnny" <pougre@cgocable.ca> wrote in message
>
>>MSI.

What are you talking about. Their service is awsome! I have had a few
misses with a board or two, but given how many boards i purchase for
systems in a year or two its no wonder. LOL. But seriously, ive never
had an issue with MSI. They have always been very helpful...they also
have an awsome forum setup you know!

"ErichW" <please@dontspameme.com> wrote in message
> ME wrote:
>
> > MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
> > my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once
> >
> > "Johnny" <pougre@cgocable.ca> wrote in message
> >
> >>MSI.
> >>

> What are you talking about. Their service is awsome! I have had a few
> misses with a board or two, but given how many boards i purchase for
> systems in a year or two its no wonder. LOL. But seriously, ive never
> had an issue with MSI. They have always been very helpful...they also
> have an awsome forum setup you know!

why didn't you guys run this thread before I ordered my gigabyte 5900xt...
my choice of a maker was almost arbitrary...my mobo was gigabyte [ha, but
not
the one I'll probably end up putting it on...that one is an abit...go
figure].

> MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
> my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once

I've never had problems with their cards. They always make solid cards with
excellent cooling systems, and they usually have impressive software
packages with their cards also.

"Mr. Brian Allen" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
> > MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
> > my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once
>
> I've never had problems with their cards. They always make solid cards
with
> excellent cooling systems, and they usually have impressive software
> packages with their cards also.

My Gigabyte card [fx5900xt] came with the follow software bundle:

Call of Duty [says full version]
Rainbow Six 3 'Raven Shield'
Arx Fatalis
PowerDVD 5
Tomb Raider 'Angel of Darkness'
and the driver CD

I started another thread about software bundles, admittedly, not the main
consideration for purchase, but it might tilt the balance when all other
things are equal. Call of Duty and Raven Shield are still selling for $20+
on retail shelves, so this helps defray the costs IMO [as far as value
goes].

Wish others would have posted to compare the software bundles, just to see
[the thread didn't take].