FX5900XT

I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any difference
in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the same.
10 answers Last reply
More about fx5900xt

    Patch wrote:
    > I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
    > different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any
    > difference in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the
    > same.

    I'd order from eVGA. My current card is an eVGA 5900 flashed to a 5950
    Ultra. It's my 3rd eGVA card.

    If i had to choose i'd pick the the Evga as the other company's are sketchy
    in my opinion
    Cliff

    "Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
    > different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any
    difference
    > in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the same.

    Buy MSI.

    "Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
    > different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any
    difference
    > in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the same.

    "Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've decided to buy this card & I have a question. I'm looking at 4
    > different cards, Sparkle, Chaintech, Apollo & eVGA. Is there any
    > difference
    > in the quality of these cards? Price wise they are all the same.

    Leadtek, Gainward, Albathron u can't miss with them.

    MSI.

    MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
    my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once

    ME wrote:

    > MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
    > my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once
    >
    > "Johnny" <pougre@cgocable.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>MSI.

    What are you talking about. Their service is awsome! I have had a few
    misses with a board or two, but given how many boards i purchase for
    systems in a year or two its no wonder. LOL. But seriously, ive never
    had an issue with MSI. They have always been very helpful...they also
    have an awsome forum setup you know!

    "ErichW" <please@dontspameme.com> wrote in message
    > ME wrote:
    >
    > > MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
    > > my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once
    > >
    > > "Johnny" <pougre@cgocable.ca> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>MSI.
    > >>

    > What are you talking about. Their service is awsome! I have had a few
    > misses with a board or two, but given how many boards i purchase for
    > systems in a year or two its no wonder. LOL. But seriously, ive never
    > had an issue with MSI. They have always been very helpful...they also
    > have an awsome forum setup you know!

    why didn't you guys run this thread before I ordered my gigabyte 5900xt...
    my choice of a maker was almost arbitrary...my mobo was gigabyte [ha, but
    not
    the one I'll probably end up putting it on...that one is an abit...go
    figure].

    > MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
    > my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once

    I've never had problems with their cards. They always make solid cards with
    excellent cooling systems, and they usually have impressive software
    packages with their cards also.

    "Mr. Brian Allen" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
    > > MSI has horrible CustomerService/Tech Support
    > > my current card is an MSI and i've had to deal with them once
    >
    > I've never had problems with their cards. They always make solid cards
    with
    > excellent cooling systems, and they usually have impressive software
    > packages with their cards also.

    My Gigabyte card [fx5900xt] came with the follow software bundle:

    Call of Duty [says full version]
    Rainbow Six 3 'Raven Shield'
    Arx Fatalis
    PowerDVD 5
    Tomb Raider 'Angel of Darkness'
    and the driver CD

    I started another thread about software bundles, admittedly, not the main
    consideration for purchase, but it might tilt the balance when all other
    things are equal. Call of Duty and Raven Shield are still selling for $20+
    on retail shelves, so this helps defray the costs IMO [as far as value
    goes].

    Wish others would have posted to compare the software bundles, just to see
    [the thread didn't take].

Nvidia Chaintech Graphics