Far Cry... whats the best card......

for this game?

I've got a geforce FX5200 128MB 8X it plays nice until you start shotting,
everything starts moving slow.

Whats the best game for this game?

I've always liked Geforce and I am thinking about getting the Geforce FX5600
256MB 8X but i was also told that the radeon 9800 Pro 256Mb is really good
but will it play todays games though?
Cheers
Carlos
6 answers Last reply
More about whats card

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > for this game?
    >
    > I've got a geforce FX5200 128MB 8X it plays nice until you start shotting,
    > everything starts moving slow.
    >
    > Whats the best game for this game?
    >
    > I've always liked Geforce and I am thinking about getting the Geforce
    FX5600
    > 256MB 8X but i was also told that the radeon 9800 Pro 256Mb is really good
    > but will it play todays games though?
    > Cheers
    > Carlos

    Far Cry is a very demanding game graphically. It needs lots of cpu and gpu
    to run well. SO as with every pc purchase for someone who wants to play
    games, you buy as much as you can afford. I would suggest nothing less than
    a Radeon 9600 Pro, or an nVidia FX5700. Of course you havent said anything
    about the rest of your pc, many parts of it matter as well.

    9600 sorry

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > for this game?
    >
    > I've got a geforce FX5200 128MB 8X it plays nice until you start shotting,
    > everything starts moving slow.
    >
    > Whats the best game for this game?
    >
    > I've always liked Geforce and I am thinking about getting the Geforce
    FX5600
    > 256MB 8X but i was also told that the radeon 9800 Pro 256Mb is really good
    > but will it play todays games though?
    > Cheers
    > Carlos

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > for this game?
    >
    > I've got a geforce FX5200 128MB 8X it plays nice until you start shotting,
    > everything starts moving slow.
    >
    > Whats the best game for this game?
    >
    > I've always liked Geforce and I am thinking about getting the Geforce
    FX5600
    > 256MB 8X but i was also told that the radeon 9800 Pro 256Mb is really good
    > but will it play todays games though?
    > Cheers
    > Carlos

    Ok.
    Sorry.
    My PC is a:

    Pentium IV 2.4Ghz 800FSB
    512Mb DDR400Mhz
    120Gb HDD

    What do you think for the game?

    Cheers
    Carlos

    "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> schreef in bericht
    > 9600 sorry
    >

    > "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
    > > for this game?
    > >
    > > I've got a geforce FX5200 128MB 8X it plays nice until you start
    shotting,
    > > everything starts moving slow.
    > >
    > > Whats the best game for this game?
    > >
    > > I've always liked Geforce and I am thinking about getting the Geforce
    > FX5600
    > > 256MB 8X but i was also told that the radeon 9800 Pro 256Mb is really
    good
    > > but will it play todays games though?
    > > Cheers
    > > Carlos

    I would settle for no less than 9600pro , that is the first card where is
    starts to become a bit playable with decent settings. The difference between
    9600 en pro is bigger than you might think, and worth the extra. Stay away
    from 5600/5700.

    "Buckshot" <Jasonc87@comcast.BLAHnet> skrev i en meddelelse
    > I just got a 5900XT, I have the settings set to "High" With no tweaking
    and
    > it plays the game very well in my opinion. I have a the following:
    >
    > Asus P4C800-Deluxe
    > P4 - 2.6 800FSB (Oc ~2.7)
    > 512 Meg Ram
    > BFG Tech: Fx5900 XT
    > 40GHDD
    > +120GHdd
    > Win XP home all Critical Updates...

    Let me guess: AA+AF off, 20 - 35 fps ?

    AA is on MED I think Ill Update in a lil bit.

    Buck
    "N´far" <rudiFJERNkols@mail.dk> wrote in message

    > "Buckshot" <Jasonc87@comcast.BLAHnet> skrev i en meddelelse
    > > I just got a 5900XT, I have the settings set to "High" With no tweaking
    > and
    > > it plays the game very well in my opinion. I have a the following:
    > >
    > > Asus P4C800-Deluxe
    > > P4 - 2.6 800FSB (Oc ~2.7)
    > > 512 Meg Ram
    > > BFG Tech: Fx5900 XT