Which one???

Assylum Ti 4200 w\ 64megs 500 clock ram - new- $99.00
Assylum Ti 4200 w\128 megs 444 clock ram - new - $119.00
Gainward Ti 4200 64 used $80.00

MSI K7n2-v
AMD 2400
512 3200 DDR
Win 98 non SE

BW

Well going by what you posted I would say

Assylum Ti 4200 w\128 megs 444 clock ram - new - $119.00

The 64 meg card would be slightly faster, but you should be able to get this
card to equal it by overclocking it slightly. The extra ram will also help with
the up coming games.

If the used card was less then 60 that would be the best.

I would consider getting a newer card if you can afford it though such as a
9800 pro or 5900 which you can get now for under $200 easily. Both of those
cards will be a big improvement over the 4200.

I'm still using a 4200, but if I had the money I would get a newer card.

NaDa

private1964@aol.com (PRIVATE1964) wrote:
> Well going by what you posted I would say
>
> Assylum Ti 4200 w\128 megs 444 clock ram - new - $119.00
>
> The 64 meg card would be slightly faster, but you should be able to get this
> card to equal it by overclocking it slightly. The extra ram will also help
> with the up coming games.
>
> If the used card was less then 60 that would be the best.
>

> I would consider getting a newer card if you can afford it though such as a
> 9800 pro or 5900 which you can get now for under $200 easily. Both of those
> cards will be a big improvement over the 4200.
>
> I'm still using a 4200, but if I had the money I would get a newer card.

I'm expecting it to perform somewhat okay at 800 x 600 resolution, but
a higher resolution such as 1024 x 768 will most likely be a struggle
for the card. XBox has a similar graphics chip inside, so I wouldn't
be surprised if 4200 Ti would still keep its head above water. I'd
recommend that as a minimum card to be used with "Doom 3". I played
the "Far Cry" demo with that card and it wasn't half bad, actually.

I believe the situation with "Doom 3" performance will be similar to
"Far Cry" charts seen on this website: (I'd put Ti 4200 right there
with the basic 5700)

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/digest3d/0604/itogi-video-fc-wxp-1024.html

What for?

Not knowing the clock speed on the Gainward, the 64mb 500 clock card is the
fastest stock. If your question is what card can I play all teh newest
games on at the highest quality level, the answer is none of them because
they dont have enough video ram, especially for resolutions of 1024x768 and
above...

Are you looking for the fastest of the 3?

"Barry Wingard" <bawing@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> Assylum Ti 4200 w\ 64megs 500 clock ram - new- $99.00
> Assylum Ti 4200 w\128 megs 444 clock ram - new - $119.00
> Gainward Ti 4200 64 used $80.00
>
> MSI K7n2-v
> AMD 2400
> 512 3200 DDR
> Win 98 non SE
>
> BW

Best Bang for the Buck! Play moderate gaming, never the latest stuff. I
get games 2 years behind the times from the close-out stores.
BW

"Biz" <biznospam@notatt.net> wrote in message
> What for?
>
> Not knowing the clock speed on the Gainward, the 64mb 500 clock card is
the
> fastest stock. If your question is what card can I play all teh newest
> games on at the highest quality level, the answer is none of them because
> they dont have enough video ram, especially for resolutions of 1024x768
and
> above...
>
> Are you looking for the fastest of the 3?
>

> "Barry Wingard" <bawing@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >

> > Assylum Ti 4200 w\ 64megs 500 clock ram - new- $99.00
> > Assylum Ti 4200 w\128 megs 444 clock ram - new - $119.00
> > Gainward Ti 4200 64 used $80.00
> >
> > MSI K7n2-v
> > AMD 2400
> > 512 3200 DDR
> > Win 98 non SE
> >
> > BW

I currently am using a Geforce 2 mx/mx 400