mp3 on xbox

Hello I'm french

I have a xbox with some mp3 on disk e:.

But, in the game I don't have the mp3 radio.
Is there a specific folder where I must put the mp3 ?

Thanks

Ricko_chet wrote:
> Hello I'm french
>
> I have a xbox with some mp3 on disk e:.
>
> But, in the game I don't have the mp3 radio.
> Is there a specific folder where I must put the mp3 ?
>
> Thanks

If you copied your CDs onto the Xbox the usual way (I don t know anyother
and not sure if they are MP3 or WMA.....I suspect WMA as its M$).......then
in game whilst driving change your radio station to User Radio (next to
Radio off and WCTR IIRC).......then press and hold Up/ Down to change
'albums' and press and hold Left/Right to change tracks within
'albums'..........
bit more awkward than GTA3 and GTAVC cos they used black/white buttons
(IIRC)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
....why, other guards, of course!

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Ricko_chet" <buffytueuse@free.fr> schreef in bericht
> Hello I'm french
>
> I have a xbox with some mp3 on disk e:.
>
> But, in the game I don't have the mp3 radio.
> Is there a specific folder where I must put the mp3 ?
>
> Thanks

No mp3 playback on xbox as far as I know.

"Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> a écrit dans le message de news:
42d18bf7$0$86131$dbd45001@news.wanadoo.nl...

> No mp3 playback on xbox as far as I know.

I have a modchip in my xbox. So, in that case, the game can't play directly
mp3 ?

> I have a modchip in my xbox. So, in that case, the game can't play directly
> mp3 ?

Oh, yes, then you can. The game detects your modchip, and automatically
enables the extra mp3 playback feature! How could we not have considered
that option.. :p

Bram
--
http://www.stack.nl/~brama/gtastats.html

"Bram" <dont@mailme.invalid> a écrit dans le message de news:
1121106943@dont.mailme.invalid...

> Oh, yes, then you can. The game detects your modchip, and automatically
> enables the extra mp3 playback feature! How could we not have considered
> that option.. :p

But the game doesn't detect my mp3. Is there a special folder for putting
them ? (yes yes ... I speak very well english ! lol)

> > Oh, yes, then you can. The game detects your modchip, and automatically
> > enables the extra mp3 playback feature! How could we not have considered
> > that option.. :p
>
> But the game doesn't detect my mp3. Is there a special folder for putting
> them ? (yes yes ... I speak very well english ! lol)

As well as your sarcasm detector works ;)

Seriously, no, it won't work, the modchip has no part in it.

Bram
--

1121108606@dont.mailme.invalid...

> As well as your sarcasm detector works ;)

LOL

> Seriously, no, it won't work, the modchip has no part in it.

ok thanks

> Hello I'm french

Sorry to hear that. Is this supposed to affect the answer you're expecting?

"Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1> a écrit dans le message de news:
LJqdnWc3L-4nwEjfRVn-ig@magma.ca...

> Sorry to hear that. Is this supposed to affect the answer you're
> expecting?

No but I have a very good english. :)

Rico

>> Sorry to hear that. Is this supposed to affect the answer you're
>> expecting?
>
> No but I have a very good english. :)

....a very good english what? Teacher? I don't think so.

> >> Sorry to hear that. Is this supposed to affect the answer you're
> >> expecting?
> >
> > No but I have a very good english. :)
>
> ...a very good english what? Teacher? I don't think so.

Thanks, Rico, for making the effort to post in a different language to your
own. Don't mind Homer. He's probably not had a shag recently.

Sorry I can't help regarding your xbox query, as we don't have one. If you
are able to make a hard drive copy of the game and run it from there, and if
the game is capable of using your own music files, I expect that the game
would be looking for MP3 files, not WMA.

Even though the console is Microsoft, the PC version appears to use its own
MP3 decoding software, not an installed codec. If the xbox version is just a
cross-compile, it would probably do the same.

Try saving your game to the xbox hard drive, and browsing for the files to
see if there are any directories below the savegames. I have no idea if this
will work, but it's the mechanism used on the PC. It may not be possible to
save to the hard drive - only memory cards (as I say, I don't know, I don't
have an xbox).

Bon chance.

>> > No but I have a very good english. :)
>>
>> ...a very good english what? Teacher? I don't think so.
>>

> Thanks, Rico, for making the effort to post in a different language to
> your
> own. Don't mind Homer.

FYI, I'm French Canadian, so technically I'm "making the effort" as well.
Do I get a cookie too?

> He's probably not had a shag recently.

Would that too affect your answer?

"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
AbgBe.1181$si5.563@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net...

> Thanks, Rico, for making the effort to post in a different language to
> your
> own. Don't mind Homer. He's probably not had a shag recently.

Thanks for your help.
I will test it.

> > He's probably not had a shag recently.
>
> Would that too affect your answer?

Probably not, but it happens so infrequently that there's no recent memory
with which I can make a comparison.

"Ricko_chet" <buffytueuse@free.fr> wrote in message
> "Bram" <dont@mailme.invalid> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1121106943@dont.mailme.invalid...
>
> > Oh, yes, then you can. The game detects your modchip, and automatically
> > enables the extra mp3 playback feature! How could we not have considered
> > that option.. :p
>
> But the game doesn't detect my mp3. Is there a special folder for putting
> them ? (yes yes ... I speak very well english ! lol)

The only way I was able to get MP3s on my xbox was to convert the mp3s into
wav files and burn them onto cd-rws.

TRENDING THREADS